Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

Thanks - in this case these specific boots - but also the basic style. Thank you - I see this look in Europe often. Not as much where I am- but toying with the idea of these with my new Chanel tunic and crop jacket.

I have these boots and love them. I bought them last month from BG but only wore them for the first time last weekend. I rocked them with black gabardine leggings and a CHANEL MDA jacket. They will also work with a dress or leather pants. I'm a huge fan of the brand's cargo boots and tend to "treat" myself to a pair annually : )

Last edited:
I have the same navy sparkly one as @gracekelly, and I wear it for daytime or casual with jeans (otherwise it would never be worn). jeans, doc martens and a t shirt or sweater dress it down. Last pic is another chanel sparkly jacket worn for daytime (brunello pants and a vintage from my own closet crop top from the boston store Alan Bilzarian from the early 1990s. Denim boyfriend jeans are dolce and gabbana, vintage from my own closet circa 1996

IMO, to dress down a sparkly piece, wear a black hoodie underneath (assuming that fits your style)

View attachment 5222039 View attachment 5222053 View attachment 5222041
I have the Hamburg jacket as well and I LOVE IT to pieces! You have very cool looks with the Pharrel coat!

GK, thank you for your insights. The coats from the current season are shiny with sequins on them, so, a lot louder than the above coats you showed, and hence my hesitation.
How do you like hook and eye closure on coats? I always wonder if they defeat the purpose? but I suppose if you keep it as a fall coat, it works?
In general I am not a fan of hook and eye pieces, probably because I like the buttons so much as pieces of art. The reality is that I only have a few coats that I button completely on a regular basis and that is because they are heavier and I wear them in colder weather. For me the hook and eye are always worn open. I have always harbored the theory that they are hook and eye because KL never really meant for them to be closed at all and were just throwing in the hook and eye as an accommodation.

I wouldn't be concerned about the sequins from the point of view of shiny. As @880 has shown, anything can be dressed down. I have some jackets that have tiny sequins woven into the Lesage fabric. The issue with larger sequins is breakage and loss. It isn't going to be a problem unless you plan on wearing the jacket as a workhorse item in your wardrobe.

Re altering down multiple sizes. I had one very unsuccessful experience many years ago with altering 3 sizes down. Everything was out out of whack and so awful that the dept manager agreed that I shouldn't take the jacket. I think that it depends on how desperate a person is to have a particular piece. I don't think it is professional of an SA to put pressure on the client to do so and make promises that can't be kept. There is always another jacket waiting in the wings.
The seamstress at Chanel BH is amazing and was able to take down a 46 to a 40 for me on a 2019 Hamburg Skirt. I recently lost a bit of weight and the seamstress for Chanel in Saks Boca took it down to a 36 ish / 38 for me. Looks amazing. May be a one off on having a skirt taken down 2x. But I would only trust the best of the Chanel ones to do it. Just adding my 2 cents.

The seamstress at Chanel BH is amazing and was able to take down a 46 to a 40 for me on a 2019 Hamburg Skirt. I recently lost a bit of weight and the seamstress for Chanel in Saks Boca took it down to a 36 ish / 38 for me. Looks amazing. May be a one off on having a skirt taken down 2x. But I would only trust the best of the Chanel ones to do it. Just adding my 2 cents.
Happy this worked for you! A skirt is two seams, a waistband and a hem. Not a difficult alteration. The jackets are far more difficult. I have sized down jackets on several occasions because I wanted the length of the larger size. Every time I do this, I ask myself if I am a glutton for punishment. It sometimes takes 3 fittings to get it right and a couple of times I went back even after I had the jacket home with me for a few months.

Maybe it’s the skirt with or the fact that it was bigger size I didn’t love it on you. I personally wouldn’t go with the sizing down, it’s too much work around difficult seams around the shoulders, sleeves.. if it was only fitting around the waist and body, yes, but it will be difficult. By the way this style doesn’t look good on me - strange length and boxy cut. Wait a little bit for cruise collection it should be in the boutiques very soon. I think slightly fitted and longer style it will be more flattering on everyone.
Thank you for your honest comment (I love it)! Normally boxy cut would work on me but I agreed it definitely did not with the dress I had on. I think I’ll follow your advice and many kind ladies here and not to push it too much with sizing alteration. I’ll wait for cruise and summer collections.

Last edited:
I have these boots and love them. I bought them last month from BG but only wore them for the first time last weekend. I rocked them with black gabardine leggings and a CHANEL MDA jacket. They will also work with a dress or leather pants. I'm a huge fan of the brand's cargo boots and tend to "treat" myself to a pair annually : )
Thank you ! I have them on hold .Are they true to size? Are these a good pair in your opinion as you have some experience with these boots ?

Hi beautiful ladies, just wondering if anyone have seen this 20s cotton cardigan in a non-cropped version? Just slightly longer? This one is P64368 K60241 N7125. Thanks very much.
I have it! It’s quite oversized, I wear 38 and this one is 36.
It’s not for very cold weather, although it’s heavy.

Attachments

• 3E660314-9FEC-4425-81F0-84E827DFCCB5.jpeg
    3E660314-9FEC-4425-81F0-84E827DFCCB5.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 95AE787C-E5E8-42A2-BE43-0608D32428C7.jpeg
    95AE787C-E5E8-42A2-BE43-0608D32428C7.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 142
This is excellent advice
I’m too honest for my own sake.
I told a friend that a specific style jacket might not fit her well after she asked and she hasn’t spoken to me since then..
Love the boots on you
@ari ! You wear them well! Do the chanel tights snag with the boots? I was thinking of getting some to wear with mine.

Thank you, but I know they are not flattering on me. I wore them only once, so I’m not sure.

Thank you for your honest comment (I love it)! Normally boxy cut would work on me but I agreed it definitely did not with the dress I had on. I think I’ll follow your advice and many kind ladies here and not to push it too much with sizing alteration. I’ll wait for cruise and summer collections.
I hope I didn’t offend you, but it’s really not you, it’s the style, the size, and if you spend that kind of money it’s very important that you are sure with your choice and enjoy wearing it.

I’m too honest for my own sake.
I told a friend that a specific style jacket might not fit her well after she asked and she hasn’t spoken to me since then..

Thank you, but I know they are not flattering on me. I wore them only once, so I’m not sure.

I hope I didn’t offend you, but it’s really not you, it’s the style, the size, and if you spend that kind of money it’s very important that you are sure with your choice and enjoy wearing it.
Omg you did NOT offend me at all. I always appreciate honest comments in all areas of life! I guess I was just in awe trying on Chanel jackets that I wasn’t really thinking enough about my own style. Thank YOU for snapping me out of it lol!