Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

It was size 44
I think the 3d jacket looks great on you, the cut is super flattering. I assume this specific jacket will reach the sale season next year, maybe you can wait for it? With the embellishments it will be mostly special occasions item, although you can wear it casually. I always had luck with such items during the sale. This summer sales I got one coat from cruise collection with pearls and beads on sale, I loved it at first sight, but it was expensive and a bit specific. With highly coveted items as classic Chanel jacket one has to buy them right away as usually they don’t go on sale.

Anyone have these cargo boots? This is new bout style territory for me - just wondered what the folks here might know ;)
Dear TT, I have several similar Chanel boots. I look ridiculous in them, as I have big feet, but I wear them in nasty weather. I love them on other people and I love the style, you have to try and see if you like them on you, and they usually are bigger than the size. So go and try them on ! And post pictures please!

Attachments

• 79F03ABA-EBDE-4859-94D7-2B72431AA7EA.jpeg
    79F03ABA-EBDE-4859-94D7-2B72431AA7EA.jpeg
    532.3 KB · Views: 131
  • B252C68B-4EC0-47ED-A5E1-10D23692DDB5.jpeg
    B252C68B-4EC0-47ED-A5E1-10D23692DDB5.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 126
I think the 3d jacket looks great on you, the cut is super flattering. I assume this specific jacket will reach the sale season next year, maybe you can wait for it? With the embellishments it will be mostly special occasions item, although you can wear it casually. I always had luck with such items during the sale. This summer sales I got one coat from cruise collection with pearls and beads on sale, I loved it at first sight, but it was expensive and a bit specific. With highly coveted items as classic Chanel jacket one has to buy them right away as usually they don’t go on sale.
Thank you for your insightful comment. I will plan to snag it on sale then. Fingers crossed! You reckon I should get the first jacket then? I love this iridescent tweed fabric so much but, apart from 3-size down alteration concerns, i worry the cut might not suit me. It is so hard to imagine how it would fit when altered. What if i ended up not loving it then?! Maybe I worry too much lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: icedcoffee and 880
Thank you for your insightful comment. I will plan to snag it on sale then. Fingers crossed! You reckon I should get the first jacket then? I love this iridescent tweed fabric so much but, apart from 3-size down alteration concerns, i worry the cut might not suit me. It is so hard to imagine how it would fit when altered. What if i ended up not loving it then?! Maybe I worry too much lol
Maybe it’s the skirt with or the fact that it was bigger size I didn’t love it on you. I personally wouldn’t go with the sizing down, it’s too much work around difficult seams around the shoulders, sleeves.. if it was only fitting around the waist and body, yes, but it will be difficult. By the way this style doesn’t look good on me - strange length and boxy cut. Wait a little bit for cruise collection it should be in the boutiques very soon. I think slightly fitted and longer style it will be more flattering on everyone.

Maybe it’s the skirt with or the fact that it was bigger size I didn’t love it on you. I personally wouldn’t go with the sizing down, it’s too much work around difficult seams around the shoulders, sleeves.. if it was only fitting around the waist and body, yes, but it will be difficult. By the way this style doesn’t look good on me - strange length and boxy cut. Wait a little bit for cruise collection it should be in the boutiques very soon. I think slightly fitted and longer style it will be more flattering on everyone.
This is excellent advice

Dear TT, I have several similar Chanel boots. I look ridiculous in them, as I have big feet, but I wear them in nasty weather. I love them on other people and I love the style, you have to try and see if you like them on you, and they usually are bigger than the size. So go and try them on ! And post pictures please!
Love the boots on you @ari ! You wear them well! Do the chanel tights snag with the boots? I was thinking of getting some to wear with mine.

Reactions: lulilu
Hi all! Quick question - does Chanel give garment bags with jacket purchases? I did not get one for my past two purchases (including for the black Lesage Metiers D’art jacket from this summer) but I just purchased another jacket and I received a Chanel garment bag.

Reactions: icedcoffee
Hi all! Quick question - does Chanel give garment bags with jacket purchases? I did not get one for my past two purchases (including for the black Lesage Metiers D’art jacket from this summer) but I just purchased another jacket and I received a Chanel garment bag.
Hello! I bought 2 jackets recently and both came with hanger and garment bag. I bought them from 2 separate boutiques.

I'm struggling internally with their coats too. There are a few I liked, except that they are all sparkly.
I am curious to hear other ladies thoughts here too.
1634154457003.png
This is the most sparkly coat that I own. Dressing it down with denim or a gray flannel pant and a boot is a daytime look. If want to wear it in the evening, I wear a dressier pant in black or navy and a black suede and silver Chanel slingback.

I have this one that has a silver thread through the fabric and is not quite as dressy. I have worn it daytime with white cotton pants and simple sandal

Chanel coat fabric.jpg slides.

chanel coat2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm struggling internally with their coats too. There are a few I liked, except that they are all sparkly.
I am curious to hear other ladies thoughts here too.
I have the same navy sparkly one as @gracekelly, and I wear it for daytime or casual with jeans (otherwise it would never be worn). jeans, doc martens and a t shirt or sweater dress it down. Last pic is another chanel sparkly jacket worn for daytime (brunello pants and a vintage from my own closet crop top from the boston store Alan Bilzarian from the early 1990s. Denim boyfriend jeans are dolce and gabbana, vintage from my own closet circa 1996

IMO, to dress down a sparkly piece, wear a black hoodie underneath (assuming that fits your style)

60AFE1AF-8AEB-487E-9D6C-9FC744BC3254.jpeg F6B9D22E-6990-4456-88E9-33EE9B183DEB.jpeg 228BC45F-D9AB-4A68-BDB1-D4019B33D308.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 5222004
This is the most sparkly coat that I own. Dressing it down with denim or a gray flannel pant and a boot is a daytime look. If want to wear it in the evening, I wear a dressier pant in black or navy and a black suede and silver Chanel slingback.

I have this one that has a silver thread through the fabric and is not quite as dressy. I have worn it daytime with white cotton pants and simple sandal

View attachment 5222011 slides.

View attachment 5222012
GK, thank you for your insights. The coats from the current season are shiny with sequins on them, so, a lot louder than the above coats you showed, and hence my hesitation.
How do you like hook and eye closure on coats? I always wonder if they defeat the purpose? but I suppose if you keep it as a fall coat, it works?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 880
I have the same navy sparkly one as @gracekelly, and I wear it for daytime or casual with jeans (otherwise it would never be worn). jeans, doc martens and a t shirt or sweater dress it down. Last pic is another sparkly jacket worn for daytime (brunello pants and a vintage from my own closet crop top from the boston store Alan Bilzarian from the 1990s.

View attachment 5222039View attachment 5222040View attachment 5222041
880, great outfit as always! The last jacket has some sequins right? Can you imagine it all the way down to your calves? would you think it too sparkly?
Alan Bilzarian...is it still around? I went there a few times...they always had exquisite clothing. I also enjoyed louis boston a lot when they occupied that magnificent building. All the fond memories you've brought me!

• Love
Reactions: 880
880, great outfit as always! The last jacket has some sequins right? Can you imagine it all the way down to your calves? would you think it too sparkly?
Alan Bilzarian...is it still around? I went there a few times...they always had exquisite clothing. I also enjoyed louis boston a lot when they occupied that magnificent building. All the fond memories you've brought me!
Yes, great memories! :biggrin:
I haven’t shopped Newbury street in decades.

I would absolutely wear sparkly things for day (but very few of my items have sequins, just sparkly metallic threads — and ground them with doc martens, sneakers or Birkenstock’s

Last edited:
Reactions: Brooklynite