Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

On the subject of making $$$$$$$$$$$ and being woke … aren’t those things sorta contradictory these days ?
They are making money preaching wokeness for others , and maybe the good causes could better be served using the funds spent on 6 ?
Remember the AOC dress , TAX THE RICH ?
Been thinking a lot about this ...

There used to be an American merit based philosophy - work hard and you will succeed - it is not illegal/immoral to make money. For ex, do your homework and find out about tax deductions, and use them, within the limits of the law. Buy the piece of work machinery that will permit a better depreciation schedule -allowing you to pay lower taxes, maybe no tax...

Time are changing, tax deductions - that allow you to pay zero tax are evil/criminal ...

I keep thinking of 6 saying - I have to provide for MY family - that is totally in keeping with the merit based philosophy but it is SO not woke

Ex the Valentino white dress. May have been loaned not purchased, lets assume. But there were costs involved with getting the loan - salary for the PA that arranged it, shipping costs. Trust me, 6 is taking a tax deduction for the expenses, maybe if he finds enough deductions he will pay zero tax ???

Been thinking a lot about this ...

There used to be an American merit based philosophy - work hard and you will succeed - it is not illegal/immoral to make money. For ex, do your homework and find out about tax deductions, and use them, within the limits of the law. Buy the piece of work machinery that will permit a better depreciation schedule -allowing you to pay lower taxes, maybe no tax...

Time are changing, tax deductions - that allow you to pay zero tax are evil/criminal ...

I keep thinking of 6 saying - I have to provide for MY family - that is totally in keeping with the merit based philosophy but it is SO not woke

Ex the Valentino white dress. May have been loaned not purchased, lets assume. But there were costs involved with getting the loan - salary for the PA that arranged it, shipping costs. Trust me, 6 is taking a tax deduction for the expenses, maybe if he finds enough deductions he will pay zero tax ???

Yet 61% in this country paid zero federal tax last year. In a normal year, it's 45%. Even in the much ballyhooed Europe, they all pay something.

I don't get this but love George

In one episode George gave a donation to a fake charity as a gift. :biggrin:

Bring the popcorn because we are not done with this! :popcorn:
View attachment 5220559
The Duke and Duchess of Sussxes’s daughter, Lilibet, will not be christened in the UK, according to royal sources.
It had been suggested the couple would return to Britain to have the four-month-old baptised at Windsor Castle like their son Archie, two. However, a palace insider said: “There will not be a christening in the UK. It is not happening.”
Another source suggested it was “highly unlikely”.
It comes after a spokeswoman for Harry and Meghan confirmed on Sunday that they would not be flying into Britain to attend a party to honour Diana, Princess of Wales.
Friends of the late Princess, including Sir Elton John, are said to be attending the event for 100 guests at Kensington Palace with the Duke of Cambridge. It is intended to thank donors who helped fund the statue of Diana unveiled in the summer on what would have been her 60th birthday.

OMG, their spin is just :cray:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10086147/Inside-Harry-Meghans-hippy-investment-firm.html
'From the world I come from, you don't talk about investing, right? You don't have the luxury to invest. That sounds so fancy.' 'My husband has been saying for years: 'Gosh, don't you wish there was a place where if your values were aligned like this, you could put your money to that same sort of thing?'
I mean, my grandparents were basically illiterate and penniless when they started out but they still managed to invest. Also, ESG funds have existed for so long, how can these 2 people be so clueless?!
This sounds like they are appealing to the beginner/small investor to park his/her extra money in their "ethical" fund, so that some of their values (private jets?) can be funded. Disgusting! :mad:

According to the DM article, this is the company's Chief Smile Officer:
1634137668884.png

I wonder if this is a "bring your family to work day" photo for the Chief Impact Officer: :hrmm:
1634138315926.png

Again, I can't keep up with this thread but did anyone hear/see Sharon Osborne on Megyn Kelly yesterday? She was talking about her firing and she said that the reason she was fired was because the Oprah interview that was the big coup for CBS that as basically supposed to bring them back from the dead, didn't live up to their expectations so basically, the dust up with her coworker was designed to rev up the interest. She also said Oprah would have been preprepped to know EXACTLy what MM was going to say even regarding the kid's skin color. She pointed out that BOTH Oprah and MM were actresses and the whole interview was simply acting. I didn't hear the whole thing but that's what I did hear.
Love her or hate her, Sharon Osbourne doesn't mince words.