Involuntary Coach ban support group

I will say I have no idea, lol, I just go by whatever numbers show up when I set a price :smile: But that makes sense. And as you know I am pretty much just doing Mercari, as I just find it easier and more me...

off topic--For me lately, the easy sellers have been straps. I finally decided to sell all of the Callie chain straps I had as I don't use them--I use dinky leather straps instead. I held onto them for a long while in case I decided to sell the bags, but I am down to the ones I want, and just decided it was time to let the straps go. I also have had 3 dinky bags that I had the leather/chain, and was able to sell those straps easily too. I decided I didn't want to live my life based on one day I might sell the thing--I can get them off my hands and recoup some cash, so it has worked out great.
I have a lot of straps in odd colors I never use. I figured they would only be useful to someone if they had that exact color of bag.

I honestly don’t know but I’d guess 50? I used to have a lot more. I’d like to get down to 30ish but it’s always changing.

I don’t think we can compare all of our collections though! All of our situations are different!
I try to keep it around 50. That includes totes & travel bags as well as "regular" bags.
Close to 70. The number has been creeping up again. I wanted a new bag but resisted because I don't have time to use all my bags enough. I need to bring the number back down to around 45.
Thanks guys, I feel a lot better!!! :lol::nuts:

I've been rotating mine a fair bit and have come to realise the styles that do or don't work for me so that's something at least... lol!

Agreed. I have several but most of mine are small. I think I have 10 Dinky bags, 11 Callie / Hayden, and two bags not of those types. So it is definitely the smallest collection I have had in overall space and size, but I still feel like that is a lot of bags for me--thank goodness they aren't all large, lol!
Most of mine are small too and a few medium. I have too many small bags but then I use mainly small bags anyway! Haha. I admire how quickly and easily you are willing to sell and buy to curate your collection though. Although I've progressed a lot, I still have a scarcity mindset and hoard the styles I like.

I do have about 5 bags I need to pull and list for sale but I’ve been too lazy!
I have a few to list too and need buyers to rehome the ones I have already listed and want to get rid of!!! :nuts::nuts::nuts:

I decided I didn't want to live my life based on one day I might sell the thing--I can get them off my hands and recoup some cash, so it has worked out great.
Smart!!! I have a Cassie 19 chain strap I might list then.

I will say I have no idea, lol, I just go by whatever numbers show up when I set a price :smile: But that makes sense. And as you know I am pretty much just doing Mercari, as I just find it easier and more me...

off topic--For me lately, the easy sellers have been straps. I finally decided to sell all of the Callie chain straps I had as I don't use them--I use dinky leather straps instead. I held onto them for a long while in case I decided to sell the bags, but I am down to the ones I want, and just decided it was time to let the straps go. I also have had 3 dinky bags that I had the leather/chain, and was able to sell those straps easily too. I decided I didn't want to live my life based on one day I might sell the thing--I can get them off my hands and recoup some cash, so it has worked out great.

I do like Mercari a lot. That’s pretty cool about the straps! I think chain straps are in right now. I always love a chain strap.

Interesting, I usually just list for US only. I’m so annoyed with eBay. How much are Poshmark fees?
Poshmark is 20% but they don't charge the seller anything on the shipping unless the seller chooses to offer discounted shipping. The shipping label is a flat rate of $7.45 on everything under 5 pounds. I find that for certain cheaper items that cost me a lot to ship, the fees sometimes end up being less on Posh than on ebay.

I stayed off Posh for a long time because of the 20% but some things sell there much faster. I price my items higher to begin with because almost no one pays the asking price. The good thing about offers is that they have to put the money up before they make the offer so as soon as you accept, the sale is made and you can ship. Also you don't have to worry for a week or more like you do on ebay, wondering if someone is going to make up an excuse to force you to take a return. There are very few complaints.

How many bags (or approx) does everyone have? Trying to make myself feel better right now...
This is everything I have:
23 Coach bags (handbags and travel bags)
2 Kate Spade
5 Louis Vuitton
1 Dooney & Bourke
3 Longchamp Totes

I have more than enough to use. I like what I have and am quite satisfied with the styles I have. I wouldn’t say no to the Coach Sabrina, but otherwise I’m content.

What I really need to do is have a massive clear out (again) of Coach SLGs. I’m just not using what I have enough of the time. I have a nice collection of LV SLGs which I prefer overall.

Last edited:
Set out today w/ the backpack + Basic and I hate that winter is here, forcing me to carry and wear so much. The thing I hate most is having to fumble around for things, especially w/ no surface to put the backpack on. I also chose the light brown Basic to try as it's in the least good condition but stepped out in the natural light and realised it looks AWFUL. I most likely need to redunk it, argh. It's just a horrible morning in general as it's freezing cold for the first time in so long and winter is coming.

Last edited:
Poshmark is 20% but they don't charge the seller anything on the shipping unless the seller chooses to offer discounted shipping. The shipping label is a flat rate of $7.45 on everything under 5 pounds. I find that for certain cheaper items that cost me a lot to ship, the fees sometimes end up being less on Posh than on ebay.

I stayed off Posh for a long time because of the 20% but some things sell there much faster. I price my items higher to begin with because almost no one pays the asking price. The good thing about offers is that they have to put the money up before they make the offer so as soon as you accept, the sale is made and you can ship. Also you don't have to worry for a week or more like you do on ebay, wondering if someone is going to make up an excuse to force you to take a return. There are very few complaints.

Thanks for the details! Those are the exact reasons I like Mercari, especially the instant transaction when someone makes an offer and you accept. I wish eBay was like that.

The $7.45 shipping is nice as a buyer, a great price! I used to offer free shipping on Mercari but decided to not on new listings a while back and honestly haven’t noticed a difference in sales. So no more free shipping from me lol

I should just try out selling on Poshmark because then I’d know and wouldn’t be always wondering.

Thanks for the details! Those are the exact reasons I like Mercari, especially the instant transaction when someone makes an offer and you accept. I wish eBay was like that.

The $7.45 shipping is nice as a buyer, a great price! I used to offer free shipping on Mercari but decided to not on new listings a while back and honestly haven’t noticed a difference in sales. So no more free shipping from me lol

I should just try out selling on Poshmark because then I’d know and wouldn’t be always wondering.
I feel like Poshmark is very easy to use. I find most of my sales come the fastest after new listings. After awhile listings seem to get stale so continuing to drop price usually helps. And I would “share” your items often. Then it shows you’re active and listings are current, plus it shows up in others’ feeds. I would read through their facts page to get familiar with it. Good luck! :smile:

Reactions: Syren and whateve

I stopped offering free shipping on Mercari too. I don't think it has made a difference.

Reactions: Syren
I feel like Poshmark is very easy to use. I find most of my sales come the fastest after new listings. After awhile listings seem to get stale so continuing to drop price usually helps. And I would “share” your items often. Then it shows you’re active and listings are current, plus it shows up in others’ feeds. I would read through their facts page to get familiar with it. Good luck! :smile:
I think the sharing helps. I have gotten some offers quickly after I have shared.

I stopped offering free shipping on Mercari too. I don't think it has made a difference.
Honestly no one on Mercari minds paying shipping. They expect to as most are sellers as well. As long as you choose a decent option for them they are fine-- such as choosing USPS for the 1 lb and under, and UPS for the 5 lbs and under, it is typically never an issue for a buyer--since those are most cost effective. The main thing is it is best to not choose USPS for anything over 1 lb as the costs can be more and in general (depending on how far it is going) UPS is faster and mercari has a good rate with them (or at least more consistent in arrival times). They have Fedex too, but most people dislike fedex, lol.

Reactions: Syren
Honestly no one on Mercari minds paying shipping. They expect to as most are sellers as well. As long as you choose a decent option for them they are fine-- such as choosing USPS for the 1 lb and under, and UPS for the 5 lbs and under, it is typically never an issue for a buyer--since those are most cost effective. The main thing is it is best to not choose USPS for anything over 1 lb as the costs can be more and in general (depending on how far it is going) UPS is faster and mercari has a good rate with them (or at least more consistent in arrival times). They have Fedex too, but most people dislike fedex, lol.
I don't like choosing UPS or Fedex because USPS picks up from my house. With UPS or Fedex, I have to take them into a store. There are box dropoffs but most boxes don't fit inside. Even though the UPS store is open on Saturday, packages never go out until Monday, and they don't deliver on Saturday. With USPS if I mail a package on Saturday, it moves through the system over the weekend.

I hate Fedex. I've never had a package from Fedex get delivered by the estimated delivery date. Every package that is coming to me always changes to delivery pending when the estimated delivery date gets close, and then it is sometimes another 2 weeks before I get my package!

OK ladies. All the talk about selling finally prompted me to make an account on PM. I don’t know why a bunch of people are following me already. Like am I supposed to follow them back? :lol:. Also on my account page, I see my first name, last initlal and my username—do other people see my user name only or also my real name? I am a bit overwhelm by so much “stuff” happening within minutes of joining :sad: