Real Housewives of BEVERLY HILLS {RHoBH}

What behind the scenes shenanigans led to cancelling I wonder??
There are different speculations on that, here is an article. I believe a problem was that the women was good friends, not catty enough for the reunions. But the show had great aspirational luxury and eccentric people which is more important to me than any fake scripted drama.

There are different speculations on that, here is an article. I believe a problem was that the women was good friends, not catty enough for the reunions. But the show had great aspirational luxury and eccentric people which is more important to me than any fake scripted drama.

Thank you for the link!
I agree, the cat fights can add an element of interest (witness my opinions on poor Crystal haha) but too much is a real turn off.
i stopped watching Atlanta after the famous wig pulling scene. NY is dull without enough flash to make my investment worthwhile hehe. I did enjoy
Dorinda’s country holiday mansion.
I totally agree with your take, beauty and interesting eccentricity is fun to watch.
Beverly Hills and Miami have been my favourites because I love the home decor the trips and the fashion most of all!
Miami’s Mama Elsa and her beautiful home will forever live on in my heart.
Off topic, as it was another unrelated show but the moment I saw footage of Josh Flagg’s grandmother sitting in splendour in her magnificent apartment changed my life (well my aesthetic perspective).
These are the moments I want from these reality tv shows. Hair pulling and primary school mean girl behaviour is the fee I have to pay. So be it.

Thank you for the link!
I agree, the cat fights can add an element of interest (witness my opinions on poor Crystal haha) but too much is a real turn off.
i stopped watching Atlanta after the famous wig pulling scene. NY is dull without enough flash to make my investment worthwhile hehe. I did enjoy
Dorinda’s country holiday mansion.
I totally agree with your take, beauty and interesting eccentricity is fun to watch.
Beverly Hills and Miami have been my favourites because I love the home decor the trips and the fashion most of all!
Miami’s Mama Elsa and her beautiful home will forever live on in my heart.
Off topic, as it was another unrelated show but the moment I saw footage of Josh Flagg’s grandmother sitting in splendour in her magnificent apartment changed my life (well my aesthetic perspective).
These are the moments I want from these reality tv shows. Hair pulling and primary school mean girl behaviour is the fee I have to pay. So be it.
You make a lot of great points. I loved RHONY as well, but after Jill Zarin and Alex McCord quit, I felt the show went downhill. NY never had flashy luxury, but the drama was so good, Alex and Simons ambitions of social climbing were hilarious, especially since they denied it :lol:

Miami was one of my favorites, Leah was the vanderpump of her show, and was eccentric and wealthy and had good connections. She was motherly and manipulative at times with her younger cast members. She was accused of giving nice nasties, with her backhanded compliments.
I was so eager to see both her and Lisa build their Star Island mansions, and Lisa was trying to get a baby, I was so invested lol. If they did a reboot now, it would only be filled with attention seeking aspiring actresses in their early 20s, or late 30s, with apartments and leased BMW 3 series cars.. Nobody with serious money are joining these shows anymore.

I also love Atlanta. I miss Kim Zolciak and Nene. Kenya is entertaining, but she is whipped by her husband/ex, and she cant be herself anymore. Not showing the kid, always holding back in their scenes together etc. Atlanta had so much great drama, and sassy attitude, they can compete with the drag queens in Ru Pauls drag race when it comes to snappy one liners. My favorite moment from any housewife show, is also from Atlanta:

giphy (2).gif

With RHoBH I feel like an addict who continually goes back trying to get the same original "high". I loved the show in the beginning. It showed me a world I could only imagine. Closets and excess. Parties and lavish life styles. Then somebody must have thrown a drink at someone and Bravo got high ratings and that's all they have focused on since. I keep watching every year but this show never returns to what I really loved about it. These women often seem like the drunk girls in a bar arguing over BS. Some live in very basic houses. I keep hoping for those original days of seeing in LVPs closet and going across the street to Adriennes house.

With RHoBH I feel like an addict who continually goes back trying to get the same original "high". I loved the show in the beginning. It showed me a world I could only imagine. Closets and excess. Parties and lavish life styles. Then somebody must have thrown a drink at someone and Bravo got high ratings and that's all they have focused on since. I keep watching every year but this show never returns to what I really loved about it. These women often seem like the drunk girls in a bar arguing over BS. Some live in very basic houses. I keep hoping for those original days of seeing in LVPs closet and going across the street to Adriennes house.
The shows have become too trashy and scandalous, the uber rich dont want to sign up for this anymore. Season 1 must have felt like "lifestyles of the rich and famous" for Lisa and Adrienne, like a normal documentary almost. Now its more like Jerry Springer, nobody with money and a good reputation would trash their name with these shows anymore. Now it just blends into the category of all other reality shows that rely on shock value to keep the ratings up.

ETA: for a trip down comedy lane, can you get Real Housewives of Melbourne over there?
Season 5 just started showing in Australia, after a long hiatus.

I saw that it was back on the air. That was my favorite RH francise. Those ladies were everything from bat poo crazy, classy to over the top crazy. Good watching- I hope we can see it some how.

Hopefully Bravo in the US will show the Real Housewives of Melbourne again. They have before. Was amused by how all the Australian ladies idolize Europe, and name drop Europe every chance they can get.

And Lifetime channel, please also show Married at First Sight Australia again. That was a good one!

Miss the Real Housewives of Miami! They seemed to have more personality than some of the others.

Last edited: