Time With a Twist: Reverso Jaeger-LeCoultre Thread

Have decided to wear my Reverso a little lower on my arm to accommodate my current stack. I have a new stack as I’d gained quite a bit of weight since I posted that picture in April this year and decided to take off the jade bangle you see in my earlier photo (or else it would have become impossible to take off)

View attachment 5200648
That's a beautiful stack! I still need to plan a trip to try it on but from your photo, it looks so classic and easy to match.

• Love
Reactions: SmokieDragon
I finally tried on the Reverso! And of course... I was so excited I forgot to take pictures.

The smallest size (35mm x 21mm) does fit and look quite proportionate on my wrist. They had the full steel version and the pink gold + leather strap version, and I fell in love with the pink gold one.

HOWever, my issue is: do I really want to pay $13k+ for the pink gold version (out of my budget) if what I'm after is just the Reverso design?
The SS version is significantly cheaper ($4.5k for quartz or $5k+ for the manual winding version) + $$ if I want to change to black leather strap.

Reverso owners: do you actually use the reversing 'function'?

I finally tried on the Reverso! And of course... I was so excited I forgot to take pictures.

The smallest size (35mm x 21mm) does fit and look quite proportionate on my wrist. They had the full steel version and the pink gold + leather strap version, and I fell in love with the pink gold one.

HOWever, my issue is: do I really want to pay $13k+ for the pink gold version (out of my budget) if what I'm after is just the Reverso design?
The SS version is significantly cheaper ($4.5k for quartz or $5k+ for the manual winding version) + $$ if I want to change to black leather strap.

I don't use the reversing function but I do like to flip it once in a while. The plain steel surface is so mirror-finish and smooth that I'm afraid of scratching it.

If you get the watch with a leather strap, it's cheaper so you don't have to change the strap from metal to leather

If you are already spending good money on a watch get the one you really want. That's not always the gold. I have a vintage SS JLC (not Reverso although I'd love, love, love one - and I would wear the Reverso both sides) and wear it more than my Rolex (one a full yg and the other plat/di evening)

Steal or gold, just don't go for a quartz. Not worth the money IMO.

If you are already spending good money on a watch get the one you really want. That's not always the gold. I have a vintage SS JLC (not Reverso although I'd love, love, love one - and I would wear the Reverso both sides) and wear it more than my Rolex (one a full yg and the other plat/di evening)

Steal or gold, just don't go for a quartz. Not worth the money IMO.
Wise words! That's how I feel - the one I really want is the rose gold + leather strap version, especially because I don't have watches in rose or gold.

BUT, the SS version is MUCH cheaper and for some reason... the SS version doesn't readily come in a black leather strap version?

Online, I see that it comes with a navy croc leather strap option (and you can purchase red, brown etc straps, but no black!). The AD told me I 'could' buy the full SS (that comes with SS bracelet) and they could send to JCL replace the SS bracelet with black leather strap. I do mean to check with JCL directly what options I have if I decide on SS case + black leather strap.

Reactions: papertiger
Wise words! That's how I feel - the one I really want is the rose gold + leather strap version, especially because I don't have watches in rose or gold.

BUT, the SS version is MUCH cheaper and for some reason... the SS version doesn't readily come in a black leather strap version?

Online, I see that it comes with a navy croc leather strap option (and you can purchase red, brown etc straps, but no black!). The AD told me I 'could' buy the full SS (that comes with SS bracelet) and they could send to JCL replace the SS bracelet with black leather strap. I do mean to check with JCL directly what options I have if I decide on SS case + black leather strap.

When I bought my Classic Medium Thin, it came with a black strap. The JCL boutique I went to told me that I could change that black strap for any different coloured leather strap they had at no extra cost. I decided to stick to the black strap as it's my first expensive watch with a leather strap.

So you should ask JCL directly about whether they can do the same for a Navy strap for the Classic Small ie if you can choose any coloured strap that they have. The full SS model is I think about US$1k more expensive that the leather strap one so the AD is bad to make you spend more just to replace with a leather strap.

Reactions: dbcelly
@lovely_bag , @SmokieDragon Thank you both for your reply! Definitely helpful - it makes me want this watch more!

The discontinued Classique model does fit what I'm looking for: smaller case size (23 x 33mm), black leather strap with stainless steel case, but I'm worried about buying pre-loved. This would be my first manual winding watch too.

I guess I'll just need to make a trip to try a current Classic model first. I'm so glad I found this thread, I haven't seen many mod shots on a women's wrist so I'll be watching this thread closely!
I will happily post more modelling pics. :smile:
I love to wear the watch in autumn. It feels so right.

About buying preloved: a watch dealer you can trust helps. In case you ever make it to Vienna I know a handful reliable shops. They hunted down the mint classique a few years ago.

When I bought my Classic Medium Thin, it came with a black strap. The JCL boutique I went to told me that I could change that black strap for any different coloured leather strap they had at no extra cost. I decided to stick to the black strap as it's my first expensive watch with a leather strap.

So you should ask JCL directly about whether they can do the same for a Navy strap for the Classic Small ie if you can choose any coloured strap that they have. The full SS model is I think about US$1k more expensive that the leather strap one so the AD is bad to make you spend more just to replace with a leather strap.
Their AD sales rep training is definitely on point - trying to make a sale! I wonder if it was just because they didn't have a small SS + navy leather option to sell, and that's why they suggested the strap replacement on the full SS model (They could've suggested ordering the SS + navy leather strap option though, right?!).

Reactions: SmokieDragon