Freakin nightmare!!! German customs office now says my Let Trade LV bracelet is fake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2006
OK, yesterday morning I went to the local customs office to pick up the LV wish bracelet I purchased from Let Trade, and they told me they have to hold it for a minimal of 20 days to verify its authenticity. http://www.let-trade.com/a/LV-AM2.HTM
Edited to add: can anyone familiar w/ Wish bracelet take a look and let me know what you think? Please?

This morning, I received another letter from the main customs office stating that they have confirmed the suspicion that my LV bracelet is an infringement of Brand Name Copy Right, which I took to mean they think it's fake.

The letter also says I can go to the main customs office to object the withholding of my package.

Arghhh, this is a freakin' nightmare!!! I don't know how they could have made the determination so fast. Just yesterday, the local customs office told me it would take at least 20 days!!! I really hope they didn't just look around on louisvuitton.com for a picture of the Wish bracelet because they wouldn't find it!!!

I am just so heartbroken right now, and I'm not sure what I can / should do at this point. But I am going to the Main Customs office tomorrow morning and figure out what the h*ll is going on. Then I will also email LT to let them know what is happening.

For now, I am just truly, truly upset.

Oh dear... that's quite a pickle you are in right now... LV most likely won't help you, and l-t won't be of help either. Ask the c.o. how they made their assessment. Report back asap.

oh no! thats awful.
i would ask if they would consider a second opinion. do you have a SA that you use regularly at LV? maybe they could help.

i hope you get things sorted out.

oh :shocked: German has such that policy for import item??

Anyway, I've the same, same in vanilla color and you're 100% authentic. Just tell them to check for discountinued or limited item, that bracelet has not avalaible at LV stores anymore.

Oh my, I'm so sorry. German customs can be a real pain in the ass sometimes...I'd just go down to the office, take a print out from the let-trade website and calmly and nicely let them know that Let-Trade is an reseller of authentic Louis Vuitton merchandise. Also, ask them about their 'authentication sources'.

Where did Let-Trade ship the bracelet from? I've never ordered from them, so I don't know. If it came from HK or China, they might be holding it since that's where a lot of counterfeit goods come from, and the fact that a LV is being shipped from one of those countries to Germany might make them a little bit suspicious

Oh my, I'm so sorry. German customs can be a real pain in the ass sometimes...I'd just go down to the office, take a print out from the let-trade website and calmly and nicely let them know that Let-Trade is an reseller of authentic Louis Vuitton merchandise. Also, ask them about their 'authentication sources'.

Where did Let-Trade ship the bracelet from? I've never ordered from them, so I don't know. If it came from HK or China, they might be holding it since that's where a lot of counterfeit goods come from, and the fact that a LV is being shipped from one of those countries to Germany might make them a little bit suspicious

Let Trade ships out of Hong Kong, so that alone probably set off a few flags. But I am just so upset about the whole thing. Plus, my German is very limited, so it will just make everything that much harder to explain.

I really like living in Germany, but when something like this happens, I wish I was back in the U.S. At least I would have been able to explain the situation like a normal person.

I'm so sorry for you. I hope it can be straightened out quickly. As a side note, has anyone had that happen here in the States? I've just paid for an Epi Gobelins thru Let-Trade.

londongirl

Status
Not open for further replies.