Time With a Twist: Reverso Jaeger-LeCoultre Thread

Dear Reverso-Community,

I think I fell for this model:
JLC385F.JPG

I've been wanting gold for quite a while. The wristband is nice, it feels nice.
Stainless-steel/gold is a classic. And the Classique is classic, too.
To me it looks posh in a good way. :yes:

Do you know this feeling, when you don't hesitate at all and know in an instant that this is a good decision to make?
I could not buy it. :hrmm:
Reason: The wristband was too loose for my slim wrist. The watch dangled on my slim wrist and did not "sit" properly on my wrist. Even though the watchmaker shortened it to make it fit and sit.
The rectangular shape emphasised the non-alignment with my wrist. A round shape does not show if the alignment is slightly "off".
I guess many people would not mind wearing a watch in a loose way.
Maybe I just have to grow into this loose state of mind. :amuse:

Still, a gorgeous watch!!! *sigh*

• Wow
Reactions: 880
JLC grande date, 8 day power reserve, back from covid delayed months in service (since August) from Tourneau, looking new, with matte blue alligator strap deployment buckle.

@lovely_bag, I have a medium sized wrist so the JLC grande, especially with deployment, isn’t the greatest fit (I push it further away from my wrist), but I love wearing men’s watches. I hate wear and tear on watch straps, so prefer deployment) If you want a more graceful fitted shape, I recommend the breguet heritage tonneau shape (the Breguet has also been stuck in boutique covid delay service for months or I would take a comparison pic) .

last year, after more than a decade of no change to his small watch collection, DH got into ALange, first a zeitwork, and then a white gold rubber Odysseus. I essentially ‘inherited’ the reverso, a breguet heritage and an IWC Portugeuser, but I think I wore the reverso more than he did anyway.
2E937B09-A9F8-4E65-B01E-3D3AED1940FF.jpeg 4B03EA9D-950F-4C4F-AD52-CE0F18F0ACEF.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the reverso and finally got one many years ago. Had fallen for the Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Squadra Lady Duetto at that time. Although it’s not the elegant rectangular shape that I love for JLC watches, but it could be black or white face, came with diamonds, day/night (with moon and stars!) indicator and date. But admittedly I love the flashy side more haha.

8B404734-1B27-4E60-80F4-A47951996453.jpeg
A04E9530-EABF-4A34-8C3E-0E1718A864F7.jpeg

I was set on getting the Cartier Tank, but discovered the JLC Reverso and now want to try both!

I know they are quite different, but in general: I'm interested in a rectangular faced watch, SS case with black leather straps, and want a very classic and clean look. They both fit the bill but the Reverso has an interesting twist!

Can any Reverso owners share any advice? In terms of wear and tear, how has the watch held up... is the watch comfy to wear (light)?

I have pretty small wrists and don't want an overpowering / large watch face. I think @lovely_bag and @SmokieDragon 's Reverso look beautiful and proportionate on their wrists, so I'm after a similar look (maybe even a smaller case, but doesn't look like there are many case size options in their Classic line).

Any help will be much appreciated!

Hi !

The OP ( me! = finally managed to post photo :smile:)
Nice to here I am not alone with my love for the Reverso.

Tonight I finally managed to take a photo, the Reverso Classique feels just right in my wrist.
We were meant to be together :smile:
Not that I don't like the sturdy stainless steel Rolex. But for days like today, where I spent most of the day in museums and cafés, the Reverso is a wonderful companion.

I can endlessly sit over decisions. Not this time!
Sometimes I get the feeling I was born too late. With the Rolex I deliberately bought a 2nd hand model because the newer designs were chunkier and I like the slimmer, lighter designs better.
Same goes for the Reverso: The Classique (in production until very recently) is a little 1-2mm smaller than the "Classic" in
Medium.

I am wearing the Classique.

PS: Oh, @CrackBerryCream you work for Boulesse? What a nice coincidence! I "know" the wonderful Ms B. from her Blog, glossytimes and remember when she started Boulesse. :smile:) Greetings! :heart:

View attachment 3526980 View attachment 3526982 View attachment 3526983
After seeing the Reverso on this thread and falling in love with it, here is my Medium Thin Reverso Monoface. I’ve left the protective sticker on the reverse side on in case I want to engrave it one day

View attachment 5068888

Reactions: Pixie Cut
I was set on getting the Cartier Tank, but discovered the JLC Reverso and now want to try both!

I know they are quite different, but in general: I'm interested in a rectangular faced watch, SS case with black leather straps, and want a very classic and clean look. They both fit the bill but the Reverso has an interesting twist!

Can any Reverso owners share any advice? In terms of wear and tear, how has the watch held up... is the watch comfy to wear (light)?

I have pretty small wrists and don't want an overpowering / large watch face. I think @lovely_bag and @SmokieDragon 's Reverso look beautiful and proportionate on their wrists, so I'm after a similar look (maybe even a smaller case, but doesn't look like there are many case size options in their Classic line).

Hello dbcelly,

happy to provide information.

The Reverso Classique (not Classic) is the one I own, the one pictured on my photos. Classique was a men's model in the 1990's/early 00's. Back then men used to buy smaller watches.
I am tall, 1,78cm and slim. In my eyes the proportion looks 1A. And friends also tell me how good it looks on me.
If you are smaller you might want a smaller model.

Right now I feel ready for a gold/steel-Reverso. The ones I have tried so far (all pre-loved) are too large for my wrist. I like it when the watch rests on my wrist and does not dangle. This is no issue whith round watched. The rectangular shape emphasizes any lopsided position which I find irritating. But this is just me!

I trust my Reverso, the watch does not cause me any troubles.
The Classique is not water-proof. This might be good to know.
It survived an accident with a micro scooter. :sad:

What I also like about the Classique: the fair price. And you can change the strap. Brown suits the design also well.

What I don't like about the Cartier Tank are the digits, the Roman digits (X XI XII I II III V .....).

I love love love JLC's digits. And I am a big fan of the 1930's design era (Tiffany's, Chrysler Building, Empire State Building ...)

I hope this helps? Lets stay in contact!

Last edited:

Thanks so much! My wrist is 14.5cm and I'm petite at 1.56m. I bought the Classic Medium Thin Monoface (https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/my...ssic-medium-thin-monoface-manuel/2548440.html) with has dimensions of 40 X 24.4mm (L x W). I didn't choose the Classic Small Monoface (35.78 x 21 mm) because the boutique here had no stock of the model with the leather strap when I bought mine and I really wanted a leather strap.

I have been working from home a lot since buying the watch so it has survived my day to day routine pretty well. The inside of the strap is quite light-coloured and it still looks pristine despite the fact that I live in a humid country. It is a light watch - I hardly feel it's there. I love how I can wind it without unscrewing the crown :biggrin: What I didn't realise when I opted for my Medium model is that the power reserve is longer at 45 hours compared to the small model's 38 hours. Somehow, I actually have gone 49 hours in between winds, LOL! Not sure how but it happened twice so far.

I don't fully wind the watch every day because I'm afraid of overwinding. I do about 22 twists daily and it's enough to keep it going :biggrin: I took the protective sticker off the reverse side since I love seeing the mirror finish. I doubt I will engrave mine as the mirror finish is a work of art in itself :biggrin:

Reactions: dbcelly
I always thought the Reverso would be too big for my wrist for some reason.. never took a close look at the specs until seeing this thread. Are the ladies models 40/40.1mm lug to lug or the case itself?

@lovely_bag , @SmokieDragon Thank you both for your reply! Definitely helpful - it makes me want this watch more!

The discontinued Classique model does fit what I'm looking for: smaller case size (23 x 33mm), black leather strap with stainless steel case, but I'm worried about buying pre-loved. This would be my first manual winding watch too.

I guess I'll just need to make a trip to try a current Classic model first. I'm so glad I found this thread, I haven't seen many mod shots on a women's wrist so I'll be watching this thread closely!

Reactions: SmokieDragon