Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ties beautifully, and it's perfect for fall!

That is a very happy accident - it's beautiful!

Happy accidents abounding!!
This is astounding!

Thank you so much - it is a fun design! I especially think it's appropriate on mousseline - cuz of the floaty factor!

So cute - Electrique and unique!
Thank you, sweet cookie!
Thank you dear LKBNOLA!

So pretty!

Thanks!
Thanks, Pirula! :flowers:
Thank you so much, Orchard! :blush:

This is a great ensemble, Awillow, how can this be the wrong grey?

Great choice and lovely bees!

Oh indeed, a summery look, Cookie!

Hmm, I do! Thank you!

Thank you, dear LKBNOLA! :flowers:

A very happy look, LKBNOLA!

Thank you kindly, Pirula! :smile:

Splendid, you look both very happy!

Thank you so much, Foxy! :wave:

Your little cutie steals the show!

Thank you kindly, Maedi! :smile:

Those bright colours are so nice, Nomad, and an unexpected success with this pairing!!
Agrume, I guess at the end of the day, there is no such thing as a wrong grey!!
It looks lovely, can we see the other grey too please?
P24J - absolutely!! ❤
This one is a really pretty orange!

…and it’s a really lovely grey! Yes happy accident. :smile:
Thanks, Magjes. Serendipity!

For those who were curious, this was the "right" grey. Presentation de Chevaux with the last being a comparison of "right" and "wrong" in poor lighting.
0914211837a.jpg0914211839a.jpg0914211840.jpg0914211842.jpg0914211843a.jpg
0914212101.jpg

Last edited:
On theme, Offrandes d'un jour (Dimitri) - hello, Cookie! It is a late summer's day here, and the scarf is more a spring/summer scarf, but for today perfect.

View attachment 5193446
Image my surprise and amusement this morning when I opened my computer, popped over to this thread… and saw my twin - sweet @Agrume (temptress extraordinaire) first thing!
I am also wearing Offrandes d’un Jour! :giggle:
View attachment 5193679
Thanks sweetie!
Here’s a few pictures that hopefully help!
It’s just an asymmetric tie - easy peasy - but instead of tying both ends together, you just tie one end to the other side.
So - regular asymmetric:
View attachment 5193757
Regular easy peasy knot:
View attachment 5193739
But to do the knot I did today - just take one end, and tie it up the side of the other.
View attachment 5193745
That’s all there is to it!
View attachment 5193741
Agrume and cookie! Sooooo stylish. You guys are killing it! I wanna be triplets!

For this week, I combined a little of last week with blue and Ledoux's Phaeton. Now that I am in the tail end of my 7th (?? I think I started in 2014) year of H scarves, this one holds a place of honor as both the oldest scarf I have (1958) and also one that has been with me since my first year of H scarves.

ETA- Yes! I looked and my first SOTD pics with this scarf were late 2014! :faint:

phaetonledouxweek1.jpg

2014, and I still wear it roughly the same way... :lol: ...and with paint cans from decorating in the background... :roflmfao:

phaeton.jpg
phaetonfull.jpg

For this week, I combined a little of last week with blue and Ledoux's Phaeton. Now that I am in the tail end of my 7th (?? I think I started in 2014) year of H scarves, this one holds a place of honor as both the oldest scarf I have (1958) and also one that has been with me since my first year of H scarves.

ETA- Yes! I looked and my first SOTD pics with this scarf were late 2014! :faint:

View attachment 5194272

2014, and I still wear it roughly the same way... :lol: ...and with paint cans from decorating in the background... :roflmfao:

View attachment 5194275
View attachment 5194273
Love this so much, bunny!

Reactions: bunnycat and Nomad
Joining in the Offrandes love. It took me forever to decide on a cw. I wanted the purple. Then I saw @Cookiefiend's gorgeous green. Instant indecision struck! Finally, it was @Living.la.vida.fifi's moussie that tipped the scales.
View attachment 5193742

[/QUOTE]

Fabulous!

I love this. :hbeat:

Thank you, sweet cookie!

Thanks, Pirula! :flowers:

Agrume, I guess at the end of the day, there is no such thing as a wrong grey!!

P24J - absolutely!! ❤

Thanks, Magjes. Serendipity!

For those who were curious, this was the "right" grey. Presentation de Chevaux with the last being a comparison of "right" and "wrong" in poor lighting.
View attachment 5194228View attachment 5194229View attachment 5194230View attachment 5194232View attachment 5194234
View attachment 5194235

Wow gorgeous!!! :loveeyes:

Just in time for the end of blue week; currently wearing Plumes en Fete csgm

View attachment 5191629
The perfect most stunning cobalt blue shawl if I ever did see one… Such a luscious beauty!

Ooooh, I love how you’ve tied this! I own one jersey scarf and do need to play with it more so that I can actually wear it!

My pleasure, turf ... but your‘s is the most beautiful one!

View attachment 5191679

View attachment 5191674
Oh, but yours is wonderful as well!

Oh so many amazing ones! Shackelton, of course! But they are all truly wonderful… I am twins on your Jungle Love of the second pic and adore it!

The predominant colour in my collection is blue. Just some of my fav CSGM (some with waves and blue, some just with blue ;)):
View attachment 5191720View attachment 5191721View attachment 5191722View attachment 5191723View attachment 5191724
These are all so amazing! But especially love that showstopping Cosmo shawl! And the ZP shael, of course! And that necklace you wear with it is stunning!

I love your Jardiniers du roy! I had the pastel pink/blue one and let it go, but I still think about it. Your CW is outstanding!
Oooh, I also own that pastel pink/blue CW and love it!!

Runs In The Family: Ledoux & Rybaltchenko Père et Fils

Greetings, dear Scarf Lovers and Aficianados,

This week we are going to show off the beloved and iconic creations of two very special Hermès scarf artists, Philippe Ledoux (1903-1974) and his great-nephew, Vladimir Rybaltchenko (1939-2002).

From Carré de Paris's blog, Philippe Ledoux was born in Sheffield, England to French parents and during his life he lived in London, Paris and Rome. A painter and book illustrator, Monsieur Ledoux inherited his artistic genes from his mother, who was a trained watercolorist and children's book illustrator. He studied at the Académies de Peinture et de Dessin in Paris. Two interesting facts: he contributed around forty illustrations for the Des Amis des Musée de la Marine's publication Neptunia - free of charge - and one of his paintings hangs in the National Portrait Gallery in London. I could not find other examples of Ledoux's oil paintings nor could I find a photograph of him. If anyone has access to a photo, I am sure we'd all be very grateful.

View attachment 5191782
Sir William Reid Dick (oil on canvas), exhibited 1934

Ledoux began his relationship with Hermès in 1947 and created some 90 amazing scarf designs. The subjects of his designs are wide- ranging and sensitively and masterfully illustrated. Scarf themes include equestrian, dressage, and hunting; sailing, maritime and naval; history, geography and culture; landscapes and city scapes, to name a few.

View attachment 5191781
My little pile of Ledoux carrés and a plissé, Cosmos. Promenades de Paris, La Promenade de Longchamps, La Comédie Italienne, L'hiver, and L'hiver en Poste.

One last piece of information from Carré de Paris, both poignant and sad. Philippe Ledoux tragically died in a motorcycle accident. His great-nephew finished his last two carrés, La Marine a Rames (below) and Les Trois Mousquetaires. ❤

View attachment 5191785

I was unable to find much information about Vladimir Rybaltchenko, who signed his scarf designs "Rybal".
Again, I sought out Carré de Paris's blog for some information. Rybal's father was Ledoux's sister's husband (Alice). Vladimir, their youngest child, became a sculptor and artist. When his relationship with the house of Hermes began I could not determine, but he produced several beautiful designs, such as Cavaliers d'Or, Tutankhamen, British Heraldry, the very rare Dessins d'Orchidées, La Fontaine de Bartholdi, and others. Any info any you might have for this wonderful artist is welcome. I own no Vladimir Rybaltchenko designs, so I cannot wait to see yours, as well as your Ledouxs.
View attachment 5191780
Cavaliers d’Or
View attachment 5191783

The artistic bloodline of this gifted family continues to this day because Rybal's son, Dimitri Rybaltchenko, is a (mostly graphic) artist and illustrator who designs for Hermès, as well. Runs in the Family, for sure!
View attachment 5191779View attachment 5191778
What a wonderful intro! This will be a fascinating week!

Sorry I seem to post a day late these days. I got out my CGSM’s for Autumn and wanted to show my blue Jardins de Soie. Everything floats over a sea of blues (and green).
View attachment 5191806
This shawl is positively stunning!

Bonjour all! Great intro Karenska!

I have only one Ledoux.:shocked:

View attachment 5191815View attachment 5191816View attachment 5191817
Though I feel there were no bad CWs of this design, this one is definitely a star! What a glorious combination of colors! And stunning on you!

Taking a little breather between theme weeks! I need a moment to process all the spectacular blues we were just awash in this past week. Thank you to @Living.la.vida.fifi for steering us on a great nautical ship of silks. And to all of you for sharing your gorgeous collections. Here's a little "fish-adjacent" thank you in response to all Fifi's Fabulous Fish (say it five times very fast :biggrin: ). Later I will do proper justice to @Karenska's beautiful introduction...
View attachment 5191833
You are such a cutie… Thank you so much!

Many thanks to @Living.la.vida.fifi and @Karenska for hosting last week's ocean blue waters theme and this week's Ledoux, et al, theme. I'm bridging themes today with Ledoux's magnificent L'Ocean. Each time I unfold this scarf and see this huge detailed ship anew, it takes my breath away.

View attachment 5191839
It is, indeed, a classic beauty, and I love how this expansive knot shows so much of the ship! Love it worn with the striped top for a totally nautical look

I have been scarfless for a few days but wanted to thank everyone for their tantalizing blues! And happy birthday to @xincinsin and happy birth to @blydia !

from the archives is Cheval Mirage 70cm by Dimitri Rybaltchenko - this may be as close to I get to on-theme this week as my collection has few of the classics.

View attachment 5191871
What a creative and cool way to wear it using three scarf rings, no less!

Fifi, your ability to wear every style of scarf beautifully - busy or quiet, geometric or organic, wide border or no - amazes me. I have no idea how you do it!!!
What a lovely thing to say… Thank you most kindly!

Sister with dear @Pirula and her spectacular CW. ❤ - My Ledoux for this week:
View attachment 5191891
What a delicious CW! And a virtuoso knot right here!

Oh, Sammy, how gorgeous! Sisters. What a beautiful cw. And that hem. :faint:
View attachment 5192001
Oh so beautiful! And a polished classic! Loving the pearl necklace as well

Adding my promenades to the party! (Archival pic)

View attachment 5192051
Gorgeous, rich and classic CW!

Okay, trying to hit a double here. Both of these are blue - to make up for last week. And both are Ledoux. This Presentation de Chevaux was the first H scarf I acquired. I bought it while I was looking for the two colorways I really wanted. Though it wasn't the one I was after, I do love the color, and it is a sentimental favorite for being first. And then I will just jump on the bandwagon with all my sisters with this 70.View attachment 5192057View attachment 5192059
What a treasure of a first scarf! And the Promenades is breathtaking

Joining the team!! archives. No scarf today. View attachment 5192076View attachment 5192078
this orange one is a pic of a bad tie lol. First day it came home and was trying it out . Ran out of time to play more with it.
View attachment 5192079
Three!! Of course, this design deserves multiples… It is so amazing!

And my remaining ledouxs I own from archive. I have no Rybaltchenko :facepalm: , tho some are on my list. This week I will keep trying to wear my more summery scarves I didn’t get to wear due to heat haha.
napolean, normands (posted last week too), and promenades de longchamp.
View attachment 5192082View attachment 5192083View attachment 5192084
All wonderful but that Normands is showstopping… Truly the best CW

Thank you!

I’m traveling this week, so archives will have to do. First (of 3) Rybalchenko for your viewing pleasure:

View attachment 5192639View attachment 5192640View attachment 5192641
Oh, so great! And your mastery at pattern play strikes again… Just look at that third pic! Amazing!

Posting one of two Rybalchenkos in my limited collex today-- Galop Volant. Trying to show one of the pretty ladies and a sweet painted horse!
View attachment 5192665
I adore this design and was finally able to add it to my collex this year… I adore your CW

How beautiful it is in this romantic and dreamy CW!

SOTD is my one and only Vladimir Rybaltchenko, Au Plus Dru. I bought it last spring thinking that the colors of the leaves would be great for autumn. I also like the intricate short swords and scabbards laid out in the design. Apologies for the flat photo, which was taken immediately after the scarf arrived stuffed in a tiny bag from TRR. It has since hung out beautifully.

View attachment 5192788View attachment 5192789View attachment 5192790
What a glorious Fall scarf! And another gorgeous pearl!

Yet another Presentation de Chevaux with more stripes today. This was a happy accident. I had someone source this for me, but she got the wrong grey one. I was new to collecting and felt obligated to buy it anyhow. Took me a while to find the grey one I really was after, but this one has grown on me. So a happy accident!View attachment 5192810
It is amazing!

love love love ledoux’s horses. totally unplanned for the weeks’s theme but here’s Happy accident Napoleon from yesterday
View attachment 5192822
One of the most amazing of the timeless classics… I adore that bee jacquard

Monday giving the sun a run for it’s money in a bright orange Le Bal des Bulles by Dimitri R!
View attachment 5192823
Simply glorious!

Electrique is Rybalchenko so here’s DH wearing it recently:

View attachment 5192943
What a great pic! And, both wearing marvelous silks!

I wore an Etro very summery scarf today. But I wanted to show two of my Dimitri Rybaltchenko’s. I didn’t realize we were doing father and son. I thought only the older rybal of which I have none. I was practicing my two gavroche ties. I love the tie w better tweaking! N I wouldn’t normally put these two graphics together but for fun and theme I did :happydance:. N I have to say Electrique in this brights is amazing!!
View attachment 5193309
It is breathtaking! What amazing colors!

On theme, Offrandes d'un jour (Dimitri) - hello, Cookie! It is a late summer's day here, and the scarf is more a spring/summer scarf, but for today perfect.

View attachment 5193446
Sigh… so incredibly beautiful in this CW!

Love this beauty! And you do the Fifi knot so beautifully!

All are true wonders

I forgot I had this! Or I should say I forgot it was a Dmitri R-- another really fun gav. Please excuse my technological incompetence-- didn't realize my camera was set to "mirror mode" so the title is backwards! Situation remedied for the future...
View attachment 5193666
Love it paired with the striped top… Perfection!

Image my surprise and amusement this morning when I opened my computer, popped over to this thread… and saw my twin - sweet @Agrume (temptress extraordinaire) first thing!
I am also wearing Offrandes d’un Jour! :giggle:
View attachment 5193679
Aaaah! There it is! So in love with ot and so hard to find! Still on the hunt after seeing yours

Joining in the Offrandes love. It took me forever to decide on a cw. I wanted the purple. Then I saw @Cookiefiend's gorgeous green. Instant indecision struck! Finally, it was @Living.la.vida.fifi's moussie that tipped the scales.
View attachment 5193742
Offrandes is a masterpiece and it shines in this format… Still my favorite moussie of all time! So happy to be your twin

View attachment 5194272

View attachment 5194275
View attachment 5194273
Oh wow! Timeless classic! It is truly so gorgeous in this CW! Almost looks like a Wedgwood cameo!

A masterpice that I hope to score some day… So amazing on you!

View attachment 5193742
Just fabulous, @xincinsin...:heart:
Thanks sweetie!
Here’s a few pictures that hopefully help!
It’s just an asymmetric tie - easy peasy - but instead of tying both ends together, you just tie one end to the other side.
So - regular asymmetric:
View attachment 5193757
Regular easy peasy knot:
View attachment 5193739
But to do the knot I did today - just take one end, and tie it up the side of the other.
View attachment 5193745
That’s all there is to it!
View attachment 5193741
This is so great and thank you for doing it! I have been practicing this and I think, to paraphrase My Fair Lady, "By George, I think I've got it!" :biggrin:
Mornings are getting cooler here in the North. SOTD is Presentation de Chevaux by Ledoux.

View attachment 5193759
Well the scarf is wonderful of course, @Redbirdhermes but I really love this look and plan to copy it-- perfect for cool beach walks too...
These look FABULOUS together! I think I need an Electrique ;) .
I most definitely think you do @Karenska! I don't have very many gavs but that happy little number won my heart. It will be great paired with some of yours-- your Pegasus Pop? cf @Nomad's pairing!
That is so lovely @MAGJES-- is the border olive green? Such a charming scarf in an elegant cw-- I love that juxtaposition.
I don't think I own anything on-topic, so today's actual SOTD is Zoè Pauwels' Rêve d'Australie

View attachment 5193997
Wow @labelo how beautiful and great with your jacket.
thank you everyone for your sweet compliments on my fun gavs together yesterday!! I will throw a tut in that thread. It would be my first so we shall see haha. I’m 100% sure I picked it up along the way but would have no idea who to credit.
sotd today Jardin sur la toit
View attachment 5194076
I love the mixture of blues in this mod shot! Perfect cross over post, actually!
Jardin sur la toit is so cute, and has been on my short list for a while.

My Hermes Electrique just arrived, and yes, I think you have a genius pairing with Pegasus Pop. Thank you for the fantastic idea.

View attachment 5194085
Now y'all are making me want a Pegase Pop!
One of my first purchases. Cheval a charactere weigh a very fitting perfore/Evelyne-esque ring
View attachment 5194210
View attachment 5194211
Oh, how lovely to see this styled and flat @Snausages! I am very drawn to white scarfs and this looks so dreamy and slightly mysterious-- it invites the viewer (at least this one) to try and decode the "caracteres" but of course it is really just our beloved H on random repeat...very "meta" design...
View attachment 5194228View attachment 5194229View attachment 5194230View attachment 5194232View attachment 5194234
View attachment 5194235
I have filed this in "Department of You Can't Go Wrong" -- both are stunning @Awillow! Thanks for posting so we can see just what happy H accidents can sometimes befall us...
Lkb, Queen of the stripes, this is wonderful. ❤
Oh, yes! I definitely have a stripe for every occasion here on the Cape! Never met a mariniere I didn't love...:smile:

View attachment 5194272

View attachment 5194275
View attachment 5194273
Beautiful then and now @bunnycat-- both you and your Ledoux which looks like Wedgwood-- just lovely and timeless.
Scarf of the day but off topic is Into the Canadian Wild. First day with scarf after a long hot summer.
Love this @Maedi-- nicely tied and it IS great when it is just cool enough to wear a scarf!
Another gorgeous Offrandes and your trademark eye-catching styling @Pirula!
I adore this design and was finally able to add it to my collex this year… I adore your CW
Thank you @Living.la.vida.fifi -- it is magical and playful and evocative all at once. I would love to see yours so I hope you will post it soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.