Massaccesi Handbags

I fit into the Covid Lockdown resulting in lots of MM bags. I just received 3 the Tan Handmade Vachetta Ellen, the brown straw Little Selene with bamboo handles and on Thursday I received the dark blue sorrento midi Modena with orange lining and silver hardware. I fell in love with the sorrento leather and asked Marco if he had any left. He has the dark blue which I already have and one small piece of the dark teal which he told me was one of the most popular sorrento colors and also a piece of English red sorrento. I looked at the dark teal and knew that was the perfect color for a Little Selene. @coastaljewel convinced me to get some verona and I really like verona as well. I missed out on Sorrento when Marco first offered it but I am pleased I was able to get 2 bags in this leather. I bought the midi Modena in dark blue sorrento from the sample sale. I am in love with this leather it is such a great leather.

Reactions: Fancyfree
I have ordered an Aurora Midi in Dark Grey Pompei (it is such a beautiful grey, been spending ages trying to decide what bag to have made in it), a Mini Zhoe in the very dark Purple Pebbled and a Charlotte Shoulder Bag in Black Deerskin :happydance:.

I was fascinated by the few and quite old photos I found of Black Deerskin. Some time last Autumn I asked Marco about this leather. He still had some left and he put it aside for me. I could never make up my mind what bag to use it for. Until today :biggrin:

I am really, reeeeeeally looking forward to these reveals. Your order sounds heavenly.

Reactions: Fancyfree
Ladies I would like to know your opinion on gray leather. It is a color that I do not have. I do not want a light one. I want a “saturated” “rich” gray with or without undertones, something not blah. Those of you who have gray bags, please share what you think about your color. Right now I am leaning toward the aquila matte dark gray, but I am open to others.
03E19407-62EE-48A4-BE3C-FE44EC489D29.png

Attachments

• 259E0AFB-E643-4D6B-A766-A38588682ACC.png
    259E0AFB-E643-4D6B-A766-A38588682ACC.png
    1 MB · Views: 5
Ladies I would like to know your opinion on gray leather. It is a color that I do not have. I do not want a light one. I want a “saturated” “rich” gray with or without undertones, something not blah. Those of you who have gray bags, please share what you think about your color. Right now I am leaning toward the aquila matte dark gray, but I am open to others.
View attachment 5193902
This is absolutely gorgeous. :heart: This is the shade I prefer for a gray. I might have to give Aquila matte a try just to get my hands on this leather.

View attachment 5193902
The Aquila Matte looks lovely! Why not ask Marco for a sample, to make sure?

I too have searched for the perfect grey. I wanted a truly dark grey. And it is hopeless to tell from photos.
So I have been requesting one sample after the other...

Dark Grey Nappa turned out to be a (beautiful) medium grey.
Dark Grey Pebbled is also a medium grey, with a khaki tint.
Anthracite Pebbled, on the other hand, is a pure dark grey. So I now have three bags in Anthracite :rolleyes:

And then I received a sample of Dark Grey Pompei....
I am not overly fond of Pompei. Except the Dark Grey! It is unbelievably gorgeous. Very dark, matte yet somehow silky in appearance.

One thing I have learned about Pompei, is that colour batches can vary a lot. Well, actually, this is of course true for all the leathers.
When I decide to order a bag in one of my samples, I have learned from experience that the safest way to get the exact colour is to cut my sample in half and post one half back to Marco, saying: "This exact colour, if you still have it" :biggrin: No time to do ths in an Autumn sale... so I am keeping my fingers crossed :P

Last edited:
Reactions: LuvNLux
The Aquila Matte looks lovely! Why not ask Marco for a sample, to make sure?

I too have searched for the perfect grey. I wanted a truly dark grey. And it is hopeless to tell from photos.
So I have been requesting one sample after the other...

Dark Grey Nappa turned out to be a (beautiful) medium grey.
Dark Grey Pebbled is also a medium grey, with a khaki tint.
Anthracite Pebbled, on the other hand, is a pure dark grey. So I now have three bags in Anthracite :rolleyes:

And then I received a sample of Dark Grey Pompei....
I am not overly fond of Pompei. Except the Dark Grey! It is unbelievably gorgeous. Very dark, matte yet somehow silky in appearance.

One thing I have learned about Pompei, is that colour batches can vary a lot. Well, actually, this is of course true for all the leathers.
When I decide to order a bag in one of my samples, I have learned from experience that the safest way to get the exact colour is to cut my sample in half and post one half back to Marco, saying: "This exact colour, if you still have it" :biggrin:No time to do ths in an Autumn sale... so I am keeping my fingers crossed :P
Thank you for taking the time to post this. I had totally forgotten about anthracite which is exactly what I am looking for. I had a gorgeous Victoria midi in anthracite and metallic, probably the prettiest bag I have ever ordered. But it was too dressy for my retirement life style. Now I rememer thinkng that it is the perfect gray! Thank you for reminding me!
00C009A4-8B34-457B-90D9-280F981F2495.png

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I had totally forgotten about anthracite which is exactly what I am looking for. I had a gorgeous Victoria midi in anthracite and metallic, probably the prettiest bag I have ever ordered. But it was too dressy for my retirement life style. Now I rememer thinkng that it is the perfect gray! Thank you for reminding me!
View attachment 5194094

That colorblocking! Oh my heart!

Reactions: djfmn