Celine Trio or LV Double Zip Pochette

marialc121

O.G.
Sep 25, 2010
Hi Everyone! I also posted this in the Louis Vuitton forum but I wanted some opinions from here as well. I’m thinking of purchasing a small bag for every day use. I have a child so I want something simple and easy to wear. I’m trying to decide between the Trio or the LV Double Zip Pochette. Which one would you choose and why? Thank you so much!

2D37F701-9EBF-4EB6-BF69-33C00752C79B.jpeg

E8BF32DE-DA13-4248-A33E-01ABC8065FBE.jpeg

i dont have the LV but the Trio is such a versatile bag. Got mine in 2016 and still use it on a weekly basis - and he still looks like new.

im not sure if they still sell the trio though,I think they discontinued it (which also would affect the resell value)

Reactions: lill_canele
i dont have the LV but the Trio is such a versatile bag. Got mine in 2016 and still use it on a weekly basis - and he still looks like new.

im not sure if they still sell the trio though,I think they discontinued it (which also would affect the resell value)

Yes, I believe it is discontinued if one is looking to buy brand new. :sad:

Thank so much for your feedback! I like how versatile the bag is! I still see some on 24s so I have to act fast before it’s gone.
Yes, I believe it is discontinued if one is looking to buy brand new. :sad:

Yes, I heard about that but I do see a few more on 24s. It’s the tan color in my photo above. I need to buy soon so any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I suppose since functionality and design is basically the same.

It's more about what look you're going for?

Do you want something that is a little more flashy (though for LV, this is more subtle), and that you or others, when seeing it, will know what it is?
Or do you want something understated and under the radar?

LV is not exactly the type of brand that's like an insider brand (if you know, you know). LV is pretty much public knowledge at this point so when you have something from LV, everyone will know what it is.

Also, make sure the strap length is to you liking. I don't know the strap lengths, but you may like shorter or longer depending if you want it crossbody or just as a shoulder bag.

Another thing to think about. Are you the type of person who is along the lines of: Well, I'm paying so much for a brand name item, it might as well have a logo or something that can distinguish it from a non-brand item.
(I don't see anything wrong with that btw. It may be more worth your money. It's like buying the Chanel classic flap vs the reissue. Both similar. Both classic. But one has the CC vs not. And I'd rather pay for the CC lock lol)

Hope that helps! Good luck!

I suppose since functionality and design is basically the same.

It's more about what look you're going for?

Do you want something that is a little more flashy (though for LV, this is more subtle), and that you or others, when seeing it, will know what it is?
Or do you want something understated and under the radar?

LV is not exactly the type of brand that's like an insider brand (if you know, you know). LV is pretty much public knowledge at this point so when you have something from LV, everyone will know what it is.

Also, make sure the strap length is to you liking. I don't know the strap lengths, but you may like shorter or longer depending if you want it crossbody or just as a shoulder bag.

Another thing to think about. Are you the type of person who is along the lines of: Well, I'm paying so much for a brand name item, it might as well have a logo or something that can distinguish it from a non-brand item.
(I don't see anything wrong with that btw. It may be more worth your money. It's like buying the Chanel classic flap vs the reissue. Both similar. Both classic. But one has the CC vs not. And I'd rather pay for the CC lock lol)

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Thanks for walking it through with me! You brought up some good points. I’m more of a discreet type so I don’t like flashy flashy that’s why I’m considering the LV one because the print is more subtle. I don’t like the in your face logos that some LV bags have. I have nothing against that but it’s not my style.

I like the Trio because it’s more understated but am worried that it won’t hold its shape when I start putting things in…like will it sag because the leather seems soft.

Maybe I need to see and try on both in person. I need to see how it looks on me and if the straps are the right length.

Thanks again!

Reactions: lill_canele
mine did sag a little bit - but the bag is over 5 years old. Still looks almost brand new and I don’t baby it at all

Attachments

• 8930C215-FDE1-4028-9E2D-B0311F78F022.jpeg
    8930C215-FDE1-4028-9E2D-B0311F78F022.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 36
Another vote for the Celine. Trio is chic, understated, and versatile IMO.

My local boutique still has it in stock in several colors and both sizes, if you can call one to ask or try on in person.

I think the price point for Celine lambskin is very good (versus the LV Empriente leather). I don’t have the LV but mention this since you plan to use the bag with your child, I would keep that in mind for durability.

Hope this helps!