New ad Campaign not your mother’s Tiffany

I believe that LVMH is definitely trying to do something different with Tiffany's marketing. :-s

My SA told me yesterday that last week, LVMH told them, they did not want a Tiffany Cafe at all! :wtf:
So the Tiffany cafe at SCP is actually closed and all the cafe employees for the Tiffany cafe at SCP were laid off. :sad: .
He doesn't know what they're going to do it with it! He also doesn't know what is going to happen to the Tiffany cafe at the NY flagship store.

Really such a shame. :sad: I was looking forward to going to that cafe. And to me, it would not be a matter of price. We all know it's going to be expensive and overpriced. I wanted to go for that Tiffany luxury experience and a cool throwback to the history of Breakfast at Tiffany's....sigh...:hrmm:

So weird, Ralph Lauren has re-launced theirs in New Bond St (almost opposite Tiffany)

I WAS interested in a Tiffany piece. It would be my first in years. I'm in my late 40s. I came into this forum to peruse before buying. :biggrin: Seeing this ad campaign really turns me off. It screams "Tiffany is dated and tired". I don't want to hear that people don't want to be my age. I follow Lourdes Leon (Madonnas kid) on IG. She had a new post today as the face of a Swarovski campaign. It was super fun. It brought me to their site and they have a lot of new fun pieces. I will go with them.

I WAS interested in a Tiffany piece. It would be my first in years. I'm in my late 40s. I came into this forum to peruse before buying. :biggrin: Seeing this ad campaign really turns me off. It screams "Tiffany is dated and tired". I don't want to hear that people don't want to be my age. I follow Lourdes Leon (Madonnas kid) on IG. She had a new post today as the face of a Swarovski campaign. It was super fun. It brought me to their site and they have a lot of new fun pieces. I will go with them.
What piece were you interested in? I’m 40 and the campaign is completely confusing to me. Tiffany just had an ad with Beyoncé and Jay Z and neither of them are “young”

Denim on denim (or Canadian tux) is really in right now. I think this ad doesn't bother me at all because I had a bad relationship with my mother. I'm actually turned off by ads about being handed down luxury items from your parents (which screams privilege to me).
I get that! I love my mom, but I need a lot of space/distance from her. Growing up was rough to say the least. I agree that ads about luxury being handed down does scream privilege. No one in my family ever had luxury items to pass down.

This ad only bothers me because they use Jay Z. He is older than me and over 50! Insults my intelligence and my wallet. My daughters are not interested in him hawking Tiffany to them. I don't get this campaign. Who does LVMH think is paying for most young ladies 1st piece of nice jewelry?

I still like my local Tiffany sales lady, but this ad campaign with Jay Z needs to go. He does not represent youth. Middle age, yes, Beyonce too.

I get that! I love my mom, but I need a lot of space/distance from her. Growing up was rough to say the least. I agree that ads about luxury being handed down does scream privilege. No one in my family ever had luxury items to pass down.

This ad only bothers me because they use Jay Z. He is older than me and over 50! Insults my intelligence and my wallet. My daughters are not interested in him hawking Tiffany to them. I don't get this campaign. Who does LVMH think is paying for most young ladies 1st piece of nice jewelry?

I still like my local Tiffany sales lady, but this ad campaign with Jay Z needs to go. He does not represent youth. Middle age, yes, Beyonce too.
wow this feels hella ****ing racist
if james bond were up there, would you feel so strongly?

I thought more about this and it sounds to be saying "this is the new/current". It's not old fashioned. It isn't really about anyone's numerological age. It isn't that literal.