Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

RN: well it's decided.... both the Layla and ET prices are now $99.
Both are going back.

After being on hold on ILD for almost forever, I confirmed what I knew....
no price adjustment and points I used are lost if I return.

Even so, both bags are going back..... the frustration and annoyance
would keep me from enjoying them. I may or may not reorder.

Note to self for the future: spread out use of points, don't apply to one bag.
That way, if you return a bag, you don't lose as many points.
Also, wait for a better sale unless it's a bag you have been lusting after.
Half off is not good enough on anything that's not Florentine or Alto.

Last edited:
Hope you get your new suede handbag today.

There is a good reason why QVC is popular, even if the prices are often
not as good as sales elsewhere. The convenience and confidence that comes with
the way QVC generally handles issues and price adjustments is worth a lot.

I understand why they started charging for returns, but it does cut down the
number of items I order from them. On inexpensive items, the return fee
is a major irritation to me. Right now I have 2 dresses going back...
there was no downside in ordering 2... if they worked, I would have kept them both,
if they didn't, they both can go back in the same package. Turns out they are
much too long.....maxi is not supposed to cover my toes. ;)

The return fee at ILD doesn't bother me, because the shipping was free.
Guess it balances out, since QVC refunds the initial S&H on a return.

With the ILD Layla, I'm still debating. I have one more bag to arrive....
I caved on the Executive tote, finally. If that one has to go back, then
I'll send the Layla back too..... one trip to UPS for both. If the ET is OK,
unless they drop the price on that one too.... I'm likely to keep the Layla,
but I will never be able to forget the price drop.

Both are going back.
YIKES! I agree with your decision! That's a sizable difference and I have more time than money so it would be worth it to me as well. :lol: Especially if you're not able to forget the price drop. You'll never enjoy it like you should.

Yes, QVC's customer service is very good. My DD was on speakerphone when she called. She said it was her fault she shipped it to the wrong address and the Rep apologized and immediately re-ordered the item and updated her billing info (for some reason you can't update your billing online, a Rep has to do it. I tried on my account).

I thought QVC stopped refunding the original shipping? Their return page says the refund will be minus shipping and the return label. I was going to check my two returns to see if that's true but both were free shipping when I purchased them.

My bag is showing on a truck for delivery today! :ghi5:

Both are going back.

After being on hold on ILD for almost forever, I confirmed what I knew....
no price adjustment and points I used are lost if I return.

Even so, both bags are going back..... the frustration and annoyance
would keep me from enjoying them. I may or may not reorder.

Note to self for the future: spread out use of points, don't apply to one bag.
That way, if you return a bag, you don't lose as many points.
Also, wait for a better sale unless it's a bag you have been lusting after.
Half off is not good enough on anything that's not Florentine or Alto.
Hi LJ
Just saw your edit to this post. It was worth a try at least to call. Thanks for the info on the points. I will remember that when I order from ILD again. Half off is good enough most places but you know ILD will reduce prices even more.

My bag arrived while I was in the shower! I wanted to post a few pictures before I run errands. Overall packaged well. The bag was stuffed with lots of paper which is why the zipper looks like it does. I took a picture of the bag empty and zipped (last picture). My phone fits in the front outside zipper pocket with room for my coin pouch that holds my Clipper Card. The strap has two buckles but you can't make it a shoulder bag by removing one of the straps. It's not that kind of strap. Definitely a keeper!
20210806_112503.jpg20210806_112529.jpg20210806_112709.jpg20210806_112757.jpg20210806_112914.jpg20210806_113404.jpg

Last edited:
My bag arrived while I was in the shower! I wanted to post a few pictures before I run errands. Overall packaged well. The bag was stuffed with lots of paper which is why the zipper looks like it does. I took a picture of the bag empty and zipped (last picture). My phone fits in the front outside zipper pocket with room for my coin pouch that holds my Clipper Card. The strap has two buckles but you can't make it a shoulder bag by removing one of the straps. It's not that kind of strap. Definitely a keeper!
View attachment 5157656View attachment 5157657View attachment 5157658View attachment 5157659View attachment 5157660View attachment 5157661
Lovely. It looks like a rich, deep red. Enjoy your new treasure.
Looks like Q got a new shipment of bubble paper. :smile:

I will have to check to see if I get back the original shipping on my Q return after it's
processed. I may be confused, or the last return I did might have been for
something defective.

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Speaking of price drops....so HSN dropped the price of cameron CB salmon..by $52. I called them right up and they gave me back the difference....marvelous! Never would have known if not for this thread...now it's $134...not $186....ecru is on sale too...I am tempted.

View attachment 5157656View attachment 5157657View attachment 5157658View attachment 5157659View attachment 5157660View attachment 5157661
Beauty and well packaged!!!

• Love
Lovely. It looks like a rich, deep red. Enjoy your new treasure.
Looks like Q got a new shipment of bubble paper. :smile:

I will have to check to see if I get back the original shipping on my Q return after it's
processed. I may be confused, or the last return I did might have been for
something defective.
Thanks LJ!
It is a rich, deep red. I can't wait to carry it! It's the first bag I actually have to wait to use. It's too hot to carry it now. Besides, I want to wait until I'm home where I can take better care of it. (Away from babies and kids, and in it's proper storage.) While I'm here my red patent leather satchel hangs on my purse hook, on the back of a chair. I don't want sticky hands touching suede.

In my haste to post pictures I forgot to say thank you again to my DD who bought this for my birthday this month. :heart:

PF: that's why this forum is so good.... ladies here all help each other... answer questions, solve problems, build our collections, spend money ! :biggrin: Judgement free zone, just the info to help everyone make
better decisions for themselves. And now, I need to go and check out HSN.

RN: smart decision. We must protect our handbag treasures while we enjoy them. And aside from
adorable sticky little hands (which are treasures in themselves), you will enjoy the suede more when the weather cools. We are probably conditioned to crave certain textures and colors during different seasons. It's hard to forget all those years of fashion 'rules'. :amazed:

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
RN: smart decision. We must protect our handbag treasures while we enjoy them. And aside from
adorable sticky little hands (which are treasures in themselves), you will enjoy the suede more when the weather cools. We are probably conditioned to crave certain textures and colors during different seasons. It's hard to forget all those years of fashion 'rules'. :amazed:
Yes, it's hard to forget some fashion rules, although I think I've broken every one. :smile: I can't carry a suede bag when it's hot because it just makes me feel hotter psychologically. Fortunately when I get back to the cooler temps in SF I'll have no worries carrying it.

I just thought about it this morning, I didn't get a dust bag. I have plenty of Dooney dust bags so I'm not worried about it, but shouldn't I get one with suede? I know they don't give you one with nylon bags usually.

Reactions: whateve

Oh my — red suede! This is so beautiful :smile: (dare I say, sexy too?). What a lovely addition to your small :lol: red collection. Enjoy RN :smile:

• Love
RN: it's been a long time since I bought a suede bag, but I would have thought they would have
included a dust bag. You could call Q if you want to bother, but generally QVC doesn't send out
parts of an order.... if something is missing they have you return the entire item and resend it.
In that case, I wouldn't give up a bag that's in good condition over a dust bag that you really
don't need.

Thinking about suede..... I'm not sure if a dust bag is a good thing, or not. It will keep dust
off the handbag :biggrin: but will it flatten the suede? I do have my 2 suede Dooneys in dust bags,
and I haven't noticed any issues, other than the ones I caused with the handles pressed into
the sides.

• Love