MJ Chat Thread

Hi Elaine! I ultimately had to buy this. It reminded me of what made me fall in love with MJ way back when.
Yes, exactly. I sooooo miss the quilting!
I still have one quilted bag, purchased in the beginning of 2014 when I heard (maybe on this thread?) that the quilted bags were being discontinued, and I'll never part with it!

Reactions: Mimmy
oh nice
looks like MJ Collection but I guess there is just one MJ now
good find...seems like the online rack stuff goes pretty fast
It is reminiscent of the MJ collection vs MbMJ; that’s what drew me to it. I was worried that the quality might not be what I hoped for but when I received it, it did not disappoint.

The first time I ordered it my order was canceled; not in stock. It showed up a couple of weeks later and I figured my order would be canceled again but this time I received it!

Have been using my new small tote in the "warm sand" color. Avoided this one for a while because all the online pics make it look like a dark, warm tan, but in real life it's a bit lighter, which is good. I sold my summer tote because worrying over the embroidered letters coming unraveled was too much lol.

I have a bag shaper with pockets in it, so I can carry and organize a lot of stuff. Have taken to carrying a notebook, planner, and in the future another notebook, so I needed more room than my beloved black leather mini tote can offer me.

I am so in love with this bag! It is a little softer than the summer tote so it conforms to my body more, even with the shaper, and I'm not as worried about keeping this one super pristine since it isn't white. Might buy the mini version sometime, as I love the design so much.

View attachment 5122111View attachment 5122112View attachment 5122113
Love your tote! Can you please tell which organizer you are using? I just bought a small too and would like an organizer for mine.

I had a black Kate Spade purse for a few years that I wore as my everyday black purse. When the strap wore through recently I decided to get another casual black purse. After looking around for a few days I came across the Marc Jacobs J Link in black. It is gorgeous. I only realised after ordering it (got a good deal on 24S) that it's caviar leather. They call it grained leather but it looks like caviar to me. Gorgeous, gorgeous little purse. The rope feature is unusual; I've never seen it on another bag. I'll have this one for years!

Attachments

• IMG_20210908_202540.jpg
    IMG_20210908_202540.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210908_202601.jpg
    IMG_20210908_202601.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210908_202333_edit_72751420152960.jpg
    IMG_20210908_202333_edit_72751420152960.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210908_202303.jpg
    IMG_20210908_202303.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 13
I had a black Kate Spade purse for a few years that I wore as my everyday black purse. When the strap wore through recently I decided to get another casual black purse. After looking around for a few days I came across the Marc Jacobs J Link in black. It is gorgeous. I only realised after ordering it (got a good deal on 24S) that it's caviar leather. They call it grained leather but it looks like caviar to me. Gorgeous, gorgeous little purse. The rope feature is unusual; I've never seen it on another bag. I'll have this one for years!

Congratulations on your beautiful new bag! :yahoo::happydance:

Reactions: mellat
This is a beautiful bag! Speaking from the experience of having other MJ bags you should get a lot of wear out of this bag!