Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Prince Harry's team wants him to establish himself as a leader that is "in the same league as self-made billionaires and former presidents."

Royal expert predicts the real motivation behind Prince Harry's upcoming memoir – Exclusive

By virtue of his position within the royal family, Prince Harry has always been in the public eye, from growing up to coming into his own as an individual. But over the past few years, eyes have been on the prince ever more intensely — and more critically — since the start of his relationship with Meghan Markle. In the nail-biting tell-all with Oprah Winfrey in which Harry and Meghan came forward to discuss their rationale for leaving their royal duties behind, it seems like the public can't get enough of the couple. And indeed, despite his incredibly honest confessions on the tell-all, it would appear that Harry has lots more to say.

Sometime in late 2022, Prince Harry will be releasing a memoir that he calls "wholly truthful," per CNN. His publishing company, Penguin Random House, explained that the memoir will share the "the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him," something that will be publicly discussed "for the very first time."

But what else can we expect from this memoir? And even more -- what is the true motivation behind such a project? In an exclusive interview with The List, royal expert Kinsey Schofield seeks to answer this question.

Does Prince Harry's team want him reestablished as a leader?

Kinsey Schofield is an Los Angeles-based entertainment reporter and the founder of To Di For Daily, a site that offers a pop-culture perspective of the royal family. First of all, Schofield admits that Prince Harry's decision to release a memoir serves as quite the contradiction to his usual decisions, as he almost always prioritizes his privacy and that of his family above all else — but that's why this decision must be a significant one that he put a lot of thought into. Schofield believes Prince Harry's team wants him to establish himself as a leader that is "in the same league as self-made billionaires and former presidents."

She adds, "The publication of this book will help launch him into that club. He needs to stop fixating on the past and utilize this platform to promote change through positive actions. This will move him towards the public speaking and motivational circuit, which is a multi-million dollar industry."

Schofield says there are rumors that certain members of the royal family are unhappy with the prospect of Harry's memoir, but that the duke sees it as a "necessary evil." But many experts believe the family has nothing to worry about, and that the prince will address his narrative respectively and peacefully. Indeed, as sources told Page Six, the memoir is not meant to serve as a "f*** you" to the royal family.

Harry and Meghan might have the same desire as Princess Diana in this specific way

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle seem to have an emphasis on controlling the narrative surrounding their lives, which is certainly logical due to the press and public often creating their own narrative about them. Schofield believes it's for this reason that the Sussexes decided to address the public the way they did via their interview with Oprah — and indeed, Schofield believes this overwhelming desire is reminiscent of Prince Harry's mother, Diana. Schofield says, "I think it is fair to compare Prince Harry's memoir with that of 'Diana: Her True Story,' the book that Diana secretly co-authored with Andrew Morton." She added that Morton always insisted that Diana was obsessed with the notion of "clearing her name" and asserting "her voice," which Schofield believes is exactly what Harry is attempting to accomplish with his memoir.

But there is one thing that has left Schofield feeling stumped. She explains that since Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah, it seems as if their teams are "branding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex separately." Schofield thinks it would be wise of Meghan and Harry to be branded as a solid unit, as opposed to separate entities. "However," Schofield adds, "having grown up under the title 'the spare,' I'm sure Prince Harry is enjoying coming into his own."

Only time will tell if the release of Prince Harry's highly anticipated memoir will accomplish what he had hoped it would.

Read this next: Did Prince Harry blindside the palace with his new memoir?

Doing research … alienated members of the BRF all write memoirs eg Duke of Windsor, Fergie authored two - refused NDA as part of divorce .. Diana did Bashir interview instead . The Morton book contributions by D were long before she was officially sidelined
I guess the BRF solved the issue of memoirs by employees - Crawfie , governess to Elizabeth and Margaret - NDAs do the trick
The BRF will survive the latest memoir by one of its own
Gosh Fergie’s biographies must have been grade A examples of selective truth eh?
They might make for interesting reading now.

Edward 8 might not have been entirely frank, either, all things considered.

I don’t think they are a significant challenge to the BRF, aside from anything else, he’s not proven himself the most credible at recollection either.
This summarizes their toxic relationship/marriage succinctly :cool: Not sure why Big Baby Harry still can't see what we see.

It’s crazy this is an advertisement for some sort of marital private eye though :lol:. I can imagine my husband reading a report on me and being like… “why is she on that bl**dy forum so much? Probably going to buy another bag”(and he’d be partially right :graucho:)
This would be an issue faced by everyone who works internationally. I once had to mediate a dispute between two colleagues who argued over the word "confirmation". This was with regards to booking an air ticket. The British guy "confirmed" the trip and expected the ticket to be issued. The Asian woman argued that he only "confirmed" the itinerary was correct but did not "confirm" that the trip was going ahead.

If this was the root cause of the problems MM faced as well as the accusations of her bullying behaviour, what I'd find strange is, Methane is supposedly a humanitarian working on an international platform, who gave a speech to the UN and travelled to many countries. She should have factored in a common communication issue like this. And she married into the BRF - a longterm commitment which would see her travelling extensively and meeting many foreigners. It's a given that her support staff would be briefing her on cultural nuances. Did she expect all the adjustment to come from others?

He might go with Methane's version of the tale since they contradicted each other during that infamous interview.

I think for future monetizing purposes, his book is going to create more questions than provide answers. Huge swathes of his life will be glossed over. Tribute will be paid to Methane. The ghost writer, if he values his reputation and future, would not create a life cut from whole cloth, unless that is all that is provided to him to craft the story.

Interestingly, I found a collection of quotes from Scabies' book which claims Methane and Hazard both checked each other out online. I suppose Mr Cheerleader's version is just fiction?

‘He liked what he saw but didn’t necessarily think of drinks as anything more than a chance to be introduced to a woman he found attractive. He certainly could not have foreseen she would be the woman he would one day marry. What Meghan may have seen online could have easily convinced her to call the whole thing off.’

– The scene is painted for Meghan and Harry’s first date as they both check each other out online before they meet.

And for those who say M is his H's pseudo-mom, there is also a weird piece of praise that he was impressed because she could pack a bag really efficiently. Dare I say Hazard has never had to pack his own suitcase before? So he was enchanted by "domestic goddess" skills?
Haven’t you heard? M has a degree in IR, clearly she was communicating perfectly, everyone else was just too malicious and too stupid to understand her!

Oh I suspect MM can turn on the maternal charm with this lost ginger pup when necessary… just call me mother indeed.

Again FF is another great example of a book which reads very differently

The NYT list does not claim to be an accurate representation of sales. They actually had a court case in 1983 that went up to the Supreme Court where they argued that they weren’t responsible for any inaccuracies and that the lists are an “editorial product.”

The list is based on “weekly sales reports from independent, chain and wholesalers”.

So The Man He Has Become and his wife can’t just buy 18,000 books on amazon and make the list. You have to buy case lots across the country to get on the list.

There was a huge brouhaha in Young Adult Lit back eight, maybe 10 years ago when a truly awful book hit #1 on the list. Twitter found receipts, found evidence that the author had in fact hired a company to buy each and every copy of the book (to give out at cons, as one does) and NYT removed it from the list. (I remember it because it was such a terrible book. It made Twilight look like Shakespeare. Heck, by comparison, The Bench was almost palatable. And no one could believe it could knock the (excellent book that’s still being read today and whose name I just can’t recall right now) out of the number 1 spot. So KidLitTwitter went researching and literally found the receipts)

Turns out, there are businesses who will game the system for you, and buy enough books at enough of the right places to get you on the list. It used to cost about $250,000 to get onto the list - however, you can help yourself along a bit if you agree to accept book purchases as a part of your speaker fees (aka, a corporation will pay you $50,000 to speak, payable in $40,000 cash and $10,000 worth of books distributed to attendees)
I love this post! It is so interesting. It’s like the ‘bundle’ controversy in the music industry. I think we can assume that there are plenty of promotional copies of H&M’s work available :graucho:

Last edited:
Prince Harry's team wants him to establish himself as a leader that is "in the same league as self-made billionaires and former presidents."

Royal expert predicts the real motivation behind Prince Harry's upcoming memoir – Exclusive

By virtue of his position within the royal family, Prince Harry has always been in the public eye, from growing up to coming into his own as an individual. But over the past few years, eyes have been on the prince ever more intensely — and more critically — since the start of his relationship with Meghan Markle. In the nail-biting tell-all with Oprah Winfrey in which Harry and Meghan came forward to discuss their rationale for leaving their royal duties behind, it seems like the public can't get enough of the couple. And indeed, despite his incredibly honest confessions on the tell-all, it would appear that Harry has lots more to say.

Sometime in late 2022, Prince Harry will be releasing a memoir that he calls "wholly truthful," per CNN. His publishing company, Penguin Random House, explained that the memoir will share the "the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him," something that will be publicly discussed "for the very first time."

But what else can we expect from this memoir? And even more -- what is the true motivation behind such a project? In an exclusive interview with The List, royal expert Kinsey Schofield seeks to answer this question.

Kinsey Schofield is an Los Angeles-based entertainment reporter and the founder of To Di For Daily, a site that offers a pop-culture perspective of the royal family. First of all, Schofield admits that Prince Harry's decision to release a memoir serves as quite the contradiction to his usual decisions, as he almost always prioritizes his privacy and that of his family above all else — but that's why this decision must be a significant one that he put a lot of thought into. Schofield believes Prince Harry's team wants him to establish himself as a leader that is "in the same league as self-made billionaires and former presidents."

She adds, "The publication of this book will help launch him into that club. He needs to stop fixating on the past and utilize this platform to promote change through positive actions. This will move him towards the public speaking and motivational circuit, which is a multi-million dollar industry."

Schofield says there are rumors that certain members of the royal family are unhappy with the prospect of Harry's memoir, but that the duke sees it as a "necessary evil." But many experts believe the family has nothing to worry about, and that the prince will address his narrative respectively and peacefully. Indeed, as sources told Page Six, the memoir is not meant to serve as a "f*** you" to the royal family.

Harry and Meghan might have the same desire as Princess Diana in this specific way

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle seem to have an emphasis on controlling the narrative surrounding their lives, which is certainly logical due to the press and public often creating their own narrative about them. Schofield believes it's for this reason that the Sussexes decided to address the public the way they did via their interview with Oprah — and indeed, Schofield believes this overwhelming desire is reminiscent of Prince Harry's mother, Diana. Schofield says, "I think it is fair to compare Prince Harry's memoir with that of 'Diana: Her True Story,' the book that Diana secretly co-authored with Andrew Morton." She added that Morton always insisted that Diana was obsessed with the notion of "clearing her name" and asserting "her voice," which Schofield believes is exactly what Harry is attempting to accomplish with his memoir.

But there is one thing that has left Schofield feeling stumped. She explains that since Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah, it seems as if their teams are "branding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex separately." Schofield thinks it would be wise of Meghan and Harry to be branded as a solid unit, as opposed to separate entities. "However," Schofield adds, "having grown up under the title 'the spare,' I'm sure Prince Harry is enjoying coming into his own."

Only time will tell if the release of Prince Harry's highly anticipated memoir will accomplish what he had hoped it would.

:facepalm:I wish these articles would stop referring to any individual who has a passing interest in the royal family as being a royal expert. At this point we are as much royal experts as the people they are quoting.

who is this professor? sounds like propaganda to me
Another non-story. Either he's H&M's PR mouthpiece or nobody else apart from himself believe what he says here.
I agree. The delusion is REAL.
Thanks, Google! British Talent Manager. Guessing he's on the PR payroll.
View attachment 5143887

You are all correct his 'professorship' is an honorary title*, in which case it should not be used without mentioning the honorary nature of it if at all.

From what I can see he has no qualifications, in fact you can practically buy a title from a collage by paying for their bar or sports equipment.

*honorary professorship[4] in 2012 by Henley Business School of Reading University (wikk)

Last edited:

What part of Harry is self-made?

I've no further comments! :hysteric:
View attachment 5143846

Professor Jonathan Shalit, founder of InterTalent Rights Group, said a book about the former actress’ life could be “fascinating”.

He told Newsweek: "I think the world's very interested in their story so I think there could be a Meghan memoir, but I suspect much of Harry's story will include Meghan's story, they've become intertwined.

"Meghan's got a great story to tell.

“She's obviously a very successful actress in terms of Suits and loved by many people around the world.

I know what section we can find this book once it's published...

1626967838271.png

What part of Harry is self-made?
leader?
ridiculous....Brits don't like what he is doing and we yanks don't need him or his WIFE to lead us
Putting him in the same sentence with a former President is blasphemy
I don't see how Gayle or O could get behind this comparison. These two are a big nothingburger and have no right whatsoever to be compared to people who are highly educated and have actually accomplished big things

Again - the arrogance is staggering

Last edited:
:facepalm:I wish these articles would stop referring to any individual who has a passing interest in the royal family as being a royal expert. At this point we are as much royal experts as the people they are quoting.
You are so right and I apologize for being remiss in my duties.

The Press Club is issuing the following Press Release:
Having acquired the necessary qualifications, our TPF Royal Correspondents are graduating to Royal Expert level. Congratulations to all. :coolio: :drinks:

ROYAL EXPERTS01.jpg

ETA: Sorry I just caught where I misspelled "Henceforth" :annoyed:

Last edited:
I've no further comments! :hysteric:
View attachment 5143846

Professor Jonathan Shalit, founder of InterTalent Rights Group, said a book about the former actress’ life could be “fascinating”.

He told Newsweek: "I think the world's very interested in their story so I think there could be a Meghan memoir, but I suspect much of Harry's story will include Meghan's story, they've become intertwined.

"Meghan's got a great story to tell.

“She's obviously a very successful actress in terms of Suits and loved by many people around the world.

So another fictional story then…probably titled “Recollections May Vary”