Anyone found a solution for tech or ageing neck?

glowup2021

Mar 27, 2021
I am young but have an older looking neck. If anyone has found any surgical or non surgical treatments to help this area or fix it, please let me know.

I do not need a neck lift yet but want to firm the area and also decrease the lines. The middle part of my neck sticks out as well since I am thin.

So I have a relatively long neck, that sort of is obvious? in appearance I guess and it makes me very aware of its existence haha. :P

I feel that what really helped me in the long run was using sunscreen everyday, and moisturizing it well (sometimes using a retinol cream) in the evening before bed. Doing this consistently really helped smooth out my skin for me. When I got inconsistent, it showed. :doh:

On a side note, as a healthcare professional who has been in a lot of surgeries (and I'm not trying to deter you), since you are young, I think it's best to take your time and think about the potential neck lift in the future.
I understand you say that you don't need one yet, but make sure your really want it and are a good candidate for the procedure when that "yet" time comes. The neck skin is a very thin and delicate skin. A neck lift works best when there is loose or hanging skin. If it's lines you are concerned about, but you have little to no loose skin (even when it's later down the line), the result may not be what you had hope or worth it to you.
But, I'm sure you'll do your research :tup: Get a lot of consultations with Board Certified Plastics surgeons, and make sure they are currently Board Certified. Board Certification is not just a one-and-done license. It has an expiration date. While not required, it is best that it is renewed so that the surgeon is up to date with medical knowledge and research.

Apologies for my spiel on plastics. Again, not trying to deter you, just want to make sure that you really want it and am ready for it if and when you do it.

I focused a lot on my physical imperfections and perceived flaws when I was young. Now that I’m in my mid forties, I’m more accepting of these flaws...especially as it pertains to aging. There is beauty in aging. My 72year old mother stopped coloring her hair last year and every time I see her, I can’t help but appreciate her natural beauty... her glowing skin and silver hair. I don’t notice her imperfections and try to see myself through the same lens. Give yourself grace...we are all more critical of ourselves than we are of others. Sorry for the lecture...I just couldn’t help myself.

So I have a relatively long neck, that sort of is obvious? in appearance I guess and it makes me very aware of its existence haha. :P

I feel that what really helped me in the long run was using sunscreen everyday, and moisturizing it well (sometimes using a retinol cream) in the evening before bed. Doing this consistently really helped smooth out my skin for me. When I got inconsistent, it showed. :doh:

On a side note, as a healthcare professional who has been in a lot of surgeries (and I'm not trying to deter you), since you are young, I think it's best to take your time and think about the potential neck lift in the future.
I understand you say that you don't need one yet, but make sure your really want it and are a good candidate for the procedure when that "yet" time comes. The neck skin is a very thin and delicate skin. A neck lift works best when there is loose or hanging skin. If it's lines you are concerned about, but you have little to no loose skin (even when it's later down the line), the result may not be what you had hope or worth it to you.
But, I'm sure you'll do your research :tup: Get a lot of consultations with Board Certified Plastics surgeons, and make sure they are currently Board Certified. Board Certification is not just a one-and-done license. It has an expiration date. While not required, it is best that it is renewed so that the surgeon is up to date with medical knowledge and research.

Apologies for my spiel on plastics. Again, not trying to deter you, just want to make sure that you really want it and am ready for it if and when you do it.
I will stick to microneedling and ultrasound + RF for that area. Gaining weight should also help since it looks like I have an Addams apple despite being a girl. :sad:

I focused a lot on my physical imperfections and perceived flaws when I was young. Now that I’m in my mid forties, I’m more accepting of these flaws...especially as it pertains to aging. There is beauty in aging. My 72year old mother stopped coloring her hair last year and every time I see her, I can’t help but appreciate her natural beauty... her glowing skin and silver hair. I don’t notice her imperfections and try to see myself through the same lens. Give yourself grace...we are all more critical of ourselves than we are of others. Sorry for the lecture...I just couldn’t help myself.
I understand your point but I want to be beautiful, I am 24 and I always had a neck that sticks out with 2 lines on it.

You can Botox your neck (and as a side effect, it lifts your jawline).

For anti aging, I’ve started microneedling my neck and I use the My Skinny Buddy light therapy device on it and my check.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Im having this same issue and in my late 20s :sad: I was hoping there would be a neck cream that might help ( Ive tried PCA, skinmedica, and skinceuticals) but these didnt help. Am thinking about trying skinbetter or alastin. Please share if you end up finding anything!

Im having this same issue and in my late 20s :sad: I was hoping there would be a neck cream that might help ( Ive tried PCA, skinmedica, and skinceuticals) but these didnt help. Am thinking about trying skinbetter or alastin. Please share if you end up finding anything!
My favorite neck cream is La Mer. Pricey but it's very effective in my experience.

I personally have had great success with Tret on my hands, neck and chest. BUT I have read a lot of peoples experiences with Tret (Tretinoin) and the results vary widely and some people are very sensitive to it, luckily I am not! Anyway, good luck, I hope you find what works, I’m just passing information that I have been so grateful for.