Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021

OMG I am so upset! I just received my order from Jul 14 and in the package I was supposed to receive 33 items, but the Longchamp toiletry case that is listed on the packing slip is not in the package!! I literally waited for Ontrac delivery person to deliver it and took it in immediately after delivery so it was not left unattended either. Of course the colour I NEED it's now out of stock as well :sad: Called Nordstrom and they said the team will do an investigation and will refund if applicable. What does "if applicable" mean?? So if they couldn't find anything then they would think I'm lying about it and would still make me pay for something I didn't receive?? How do I prove I didn't receive the item???

Sorry to post this negative post but just really need to vent.... :sad: Was supposed to be happy to receive my order today and excited with trying on things.... but now just very upset...

Really sucks! ESP when items sell out. What color did you order? Maybe it will pop back up. I hope you like your other items.

Others have already posted pics of the French Connection Twansia blue stripe tshirt dress, but here’s my two cents:

I thought this was a definite keeper for a summer work dress, but the sleeves are too tight around my biceps! The rest of the dress fits TTS, but I don’t know how well the fabric will wash. It has a sponge-y ponte feel to it and the tag says to hand wash (yeah right... maybe on cold/cold or delicate, and air dry). Mine also had a strange minty chemical odor to it. This is likely a return. I feel like the combo of stripes and the waist tie make me look wider? Maybe I’m too picky.
View attachment 5143422
View attachment 5143421
This dress does look really well on you. I think the sleeve is just slightly the wrong length for you. An inch lower would I suspect be more comfortable. You have lovely muscle tone and definition, so it’s not you. I bet sleeveless looks fantastic on you.

This is only splitting hairs as it looks great. If it’s comfortable keep it, but if the sleeve is too uncomfortable you probably won’t reach for it so then it won’t be good value...

okie dokie - my loafers arrived! they are actually a bit tight (i ordered a 9 - my TTS). they are tight against my foot all the way around and my toes barely graze the front. they would work with a very thin sock, but they are too tight for my preference. i like loafers with socks (like higher, visible ankle socks - schoolgirl style!), though, so there's that.
i may reorder a 9.5 and see how they are.
other than being tight (all around snug, not just length), they are quite comfy with nice supportive soles. overall, they seem very high quality and look expensive. bonus points that they are waterproof (not that we have any rain whatsoever in CA right now...)
the snake print is fun and not too shiny/cheap looking. oddly "neutral" in fact :tup:

View attachment 5143324View attachment 5143325
Thank you so much for the response. I like the way they come a good way up your instep and are a snug fit as I’ve narrow feet. However I am worried about the length. I wear 8.5 and have ordered that. I have found this with AS Aquatalia boots before where they run short. I can’t size up as then they are always too wide. It frustrating that the sizing isn’t consistent both within brands and across brands...

They investigate a customer's history of stating items weren't received when making a decision. I am sure you are fine if you don't have a history.

In the past they have sent wrong items and I would call upon receipt, then return the items in store. In December, I ordered a two piece set and only one of the piece came, that time was an ordeal as I had to explain that I did received but it was incomplete. That took a long time to resolve and I never had any prior issues ever. Two months ago they sent me a regular priced Tod's shoes when I ordered the discounted 60% off one, and of course I returned them as they are not the items I ordered. I hope they can see that I have been honest from my past history then.

OMG I am so upset! I just received my order from Jul 14 and in the package I was supposed to receive 33 items, but the Longchamp toiletry case that is listed on the packing slip is not in the package!! I literally waited for Ontrac delivery person to deliver it and took it in immediately after delivery so it was not left unattended either. Of course the colour I NEED it's now out of stock as well :sad: Called Nordstrom and they said the team will do an investigation and will refund if applicable. What does "if applicable" mean?? So if they couldn't find anything then they would think I'm lying about it and would still make me pay for something I didn't receive?? How do I prove I didn't receive the item???

Sorry to post this negative post but just really need to vent.... :sad: Was supposed to be happy to receive my order today and excited with trying on things.... but now just very upset...

This happened to me with a RevitaBrow duo - they included a GWP for a brand that I didn't order and left out the RevitaBrow, but it was listed on the slip - and then it happened again yesterday with a Club Monaco dress! They issued a refund for the RevitaBrow, and we are still pending an investigation for the Club Monaco dress. :sad:

In all my years of online shopping with Nordstrom I've never had items left out of an order, and now it's twice in one week! I know NAS must be a busy time of year and I am sure they are overwhelmed with all of the orders but I am shocked.

Oh, also... Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent pair of boots/booties that are ivory/white/off white, which can be dressed up or down? Ideally I dont want to spend more than $200 if possible. I've looked at a few sale items but the ones I have my eye on dont have reviews yet, hm.
So, I’m a fan of Marc Fisher boots. Have owned a few pairs, such as Alva and Ulani styles. As far as NAS goes, there is a pair called Gadri selling for $99.90. Looks like the negative review is regarding sizing. Maybe size up a half size?

MARC FISHER LTD Gadri Pointed Toe Bootie

AAB38100-C509-40C9-A8E0-D60E2B046E86.jpeg1739533F-4C83-4762-8951-7554450CE0BC.jpeg

Others have already posted pics of the French Connection Twansia blue stripe tshirt dress, but here’s my two cents:

I thought this was a definite keeper for a summer work dress, but the sleeves are too tight around my biceps! The rest of the dress fits TTS, but I don’t know how well the fabric will wash. It has a sponge-y ponte feel to it and the tag says to hand wash (yeah right... maybe on cold/cold or delicate, and air dry). Mine also had a strange minty chemical odor to it. This is likely a return. I feel like the combo of stripes and the waist tie make me look wider? Maybe I’m too picky.
View attachment 5143422
View attachment 5143421

Hand wash??

You have a similar build as me, including the muscular biceps. The dress definitely didn't look the same on me as the model, especially in the arms. If the sleeves are uncomfortable on your arms, then return it. But if you're feeling self conscious, don't! You look great :smile:

Last edited:
Lucky!!! It’s so cute. At one point I checked their website to see if I could just get it there with some kind of email signup discount. Everything was so cute, I had to just close the browser and walk away. I could easily spend a couple Gs just on hoodies.
For what it's worth, I've ordered several things directly from Faherty over the last year and they've all been lovely. So even if you can't get the hoodie you wanted on sale, I don't think you'd regret paying a little more if you had to buy directly from them. And their shipping is super fast - like 2 days for me each time.

Same thing happened to me yesterday and I was also very upset. My box was missing 2 items and one of them is now out of stock. The box also included an item I did not order. Hope they resolve this quickly for us.

My first order from midnight Friday has shipped! Fingers crossed it includes all 15 items that are supposed to be in there. It's coming from California to Tennessee so I won't see it until next week sometime. Probably for the best as my husband will be out of town.

I received two items yesterday that will go back. https://www.nordstrom.com/s/gibsonlook-off-the-shoulder-knit-top/5926565 in black. Very thin and a hand wash item, but the big issue for me was the neckline. there doesn't appear to be a seam in it. Its just supposed to fold under? I couldn't make it work and stay in place. Too much effort for a basic black shirt IMO.

Also thought I would wade into the shirt jacket world with the https://www.nordstrom.com/s/thread-supply-shirt-jacket/5934105. This sucker is thick. And I'm 5'4" so it hung way lower than the model, coat length not shirt length on me. And so thick! Hard to force the buttons through the holes, like really work it. Not for me. I actually have a really solid mens flannel with pockets from Costco last year that worked as a great shirt jacket. For $12 whole dollars. Guess I will stick with that.

I was influence by this thread yesterday to order the Timberland hiking boots. Thanks friends! They're going to be great with my Costco flannel shirt jacket!