Thailand for Breast Augmentation (implant)?

Hey ladies

I'm planning on going to Thailand for a BA this upcoming November or December. Does anyone have any experiences with Dr.Sanguan?

Also I'm travelling from Canada to Phuket, if anyone else is going, I'd love to have some buddies!!

Do not do your surgery in thailand. The thai surgeons are terrible with plastic surgery. I've invested in thai medical industry so i am extremely aware of how it all works. And despite being an investor I would never in my right mind get any surgeries done in Thailand because Im aware how shadey it is.

1) The large majority of thai surgeons are not actually surgeons. Only about 5 plastic surgery licenses is given out each year yet there are thousands performing plastic surgery in Thailand. Thats because most are GP doctors. In Thailand, it is legal for GP doctors to perform BA and other types of surgeries. These GP surgeons do not go through proper surgical training. Rather they pay to do a short course with one of the other thai surgeons or an overseas surgeon. This means they do not have a good anatomical understanding compared to actual plastic surgeons.

2) Even if its an actual surgeon, the techniques they use is outdated. One of the problems in Thailand is the plastic surgery discipline is very guarded by a group of old thai surgeons with a superiority complex who do not actively seek out new techniques. Some might say they learnt in Korea the techiques. But fyi this is how it works. They pay for an expensive session in Korea where they are only allowed to watch how surgeries are done. Under korean law they cannot touch the patient being monitored. They usually only pay for 1-3 of these sessions (meaning 1-3 days) due to the price. On top of that the koreans would also not teach them any intricate techniques. Its just how the culture is. After that they get some diploma "trained in korea under so and so program" which to the layperson assumes they can perform korean techniques. They cant.

3) Now this goes into how shadey the industry actually is. Photoshop is used all the time for their before and afters. False reviews are used all the time. For breast in particular, they might advertise "endoscopic breast surgery" When in actual fact none of the GP doctors and majority of the plastic surgeons know how to use the endoscopic technique. They simply give the patient the option to choose that technique and then mark up the price. As what a group of thai surgeons told me, "the patient won't know the difference and either way we need to use our hand to go in there anyway. The endoscope is just for more vision". To this statement, its true the patient won't know the difference especially if its their first surgery. A patient with medical knowledge who is doing a revision might be able to feel a difference though. The 2nd part is false and ignorance on the part of the thai surgeons. The koreans for example, when using the endoscope, will use the fiber wire laser to carefully disect tissue by tissue to create the pocket for the implant. So no, if they truly were trained to use the endoscopic technique they wouldn't have to shove their hand in to hack and slash.

My advise is avoid thailand like the plague for plastic surgery. There is a reason why the wealthy thais go to korea and wouldnt do it in Thailand. And remember, when it comes to breast surgery, two of the several factors which increase risk of capsular contracture is to do with the surgeon's skill and surgical technique used

Do not do your surgery in thailand. The thai surgeons are terrible with plastic surgery. I've invested in thai medical industry so i am extremely aware of how it all works. And despite being an investor I would never in my right mind get any surgeries done in Thailand because Im aware how shadey it is.

1) The large majority of thai surgeons are not actually surgeons. Only about 5 plastic surgery licenses is given out each year yet there are thousands performing plastic surgery in Thailand. Thats because most are GP doctors. In Thailand, it is legal for GP doctors to perform BA and other types of surgeries. These GP surgeons do not go through proper surgical training. Rather they pay to do a short course with one of the other thai surgeons or an overseas surgeon. This means they do not have a good anatomical understanding compared to actual plastic surgeons.

2) Even if its an actual surgeon, the techniques they use is outdated. One of the problems in Thailand is the plastic surgery discipline is very guarded by a group of old thai surgeons with a superiority complex who do not actively seek out new techniques. Some might say they learnt in Korea the techiques. But fyi this is how it works. They pay for an expensive session in Korea where they are only allowed to watch how surgeries are done. Under korean law they cannot touch the patient being monitored. They usually only pay for 1-3 of these sessions (meaning 1-3 days) due to the price. On top of that the koreans would also not teach them any intricate techniques. Its just how the culture is. After that they get some diploma "trained in korea under so and so program" which to the layperson assumes they can perform korean techniques. They cant.

3) Now this goes into how shadey the industry actually is. Photoshop is used all the time for their before and afters. False reviews are used all the time. For breast in particular, they might advertise "endoscopic breast surgery" When in actual fact none of the GP doctors and majority of the plastic surgeons know how to use the endoscopic technique. They simply give the patient the option to choose that technique and then mark up the price. As what a group of thai surgeons told me, "the patient won't know the difference and either way we need to use our hand to go in there anyway. The endoscope is just for more vision". To this statement, its true the patient won't know the difference especially if its their first surgery. A patient with medical knowledge who is doing a revision might be able to feel a difference though. The 2nd part is false and ignorance on the part of the thai surgeons. The koreans for example, when using the endoscope, will use the fiber wire laser to carefully disect tissue by tissue to create the pocket for the implant. So no, if they truly were trained to use the endoscopic technique they wouldn't have to shove their hand in to hack and slash.

My advise is avoid thailand like the plague for plastic surgery. There is a reason why the wealthy thais go to korea and wouldnt do it in Thailand.
Dang :sad: I was hearing they were okay for anything under the neck. Guess not then.

thanks for your response, I wasn’t looking into Thailand as a whole just this one surgeon since he’s one of the ones that works on foreigners quite often. But I understand your point about outdated techniques

where would you suggest then? Is Korea even known for breast augmentation? I might just stick to USA or Canada then, but I figured asian surgeons would know how to work with my very very flat chest a bit better I barely fit a 34AA

Yeh i am aware of who that surgeon is. He works with mostly foreigners because he is signed with many agents in Australia and the US and Canada. He doesn't actually work at one practice or hospital. In thailand many clinics do not have their own surgeons so what really occurs is they hire gp doctos and sometimes surgeons to come into the clinic just to perform the surgery. If the patient booked through a medical tourism agency, he simply books an OR at one of the hospitals he has a good rate at. This is not exclusive to him its what most of the surgeons and doctors do in Thailand. A surgeon performing surgery on foreigners has got nothing to do with their skill and solely their marketability and business practices.

Korea has many surgeons who are actually skilled in modern breast augmentation techniques. You just need to find the right one. Ive had friends from vancouver who did it locally with good results. Asian friends. I don't know the surgeon name though i never asked. Im sure there are good surgeons in the US too but I am only familiar with thai and korean medical industry so I can't comment on surgeons from other countries

I believe Sanguan is from CosmediTour?

I got mine done with CosmediTour in 2019 by Dr Veerawat. The surgery itself went well, no bruising and pain. However, I’ve always been feeling that my implants feel weird. I can feel that one is lower and just an extremely uncomfortable feeling, and the other has this itch inside that I can’t seem to get rid of. It’s below the breast crease and on the rib. I don’t know if anyone’s felt the symptoms I’m feeling but it’s extremely annoying.

I’m thinking of going to someone here in SG to get it checked. Is there anyone you’ll recommend?

Sanguan and veerawat arent from cosmeditour strictly speaking. They sign with multiple agencies, cosmeditour included and don't practice at any particular clinic or hospital. They do have special contracts with certain hospitals to get better rates when booking the OR, but that is marked up to the patient. They are basically freelance surgeons.

It sounds most likely to be internal scar tissue developing that is becoming bothersome. That happens much more often when the surgeon doesnt use the endoscope, which in thailand, the large majority of surgeons fall into this category. Mount E and tantokseng (i think thats how u spell it) are good hospitals to go do an MRI and ultra sound to check out whats going on.