Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Always remember the country of the speaker matters. This could be exactly what MM had to deal with while in the UK. The listeners heard her comments in their own language rather than remembering she is not from that country. She meant one thing, they heard another. imo
This would be an issue faced by everyone who works internationally. I once had to mediate a dispute between two colleagues who argued over the word "confirmation". This was with regards to booking an air ticket. The British guy "confirmed" the trip and expected the ticket to be issued. The Asian woman argued that he only "confirmed" the itinerary was correct but did not "confirm" that the trip was going ahead.

If this was the root cause of the problems MM faced as well as the accusations of her bullying behaviour, what I'd find strange is, Methane is supposedly a humanitarian working on an international platform, who gave a speech to the UN and travelled to many countries. She should have factored in a common communication issue like this. And she married into the BRF - a longterm commitment which would see her travelling extensively and meeting many foreigners. It's a given that her support staff would be briefing her on cultural nuances. Did she expect all the adjustment to come from others?

Sadly I think that is what it has come to, total and complete fabrication. By the time the book is released Harry will have lived away from the royal family for nearly three years, if you count them running away to Canada months before their official Megxit.

There is nothing he can say that hasn't already been rehashed many times. What can he do to top the "an unnamed family member wondered about Archie's skin color" accusation that Meghan baited Oprah with during the interview?
He might go with Methane's version of the tale since they contradicted each other during that infamous interview.

I think for future monetizing purposes, his book is going to create more questions than provide answers. Huge swathes of his life will be glossed over. Tribute will be paid to Methane. The ghost writer, if he values his reputation and future, would not create a life cut from whole cloth, unless that is all that is provided to him to craft the story.

Interestingly, I found a collection of quotes from Scabies' book which claims Methane and Hazard both checked each other out online. I suppose Mr Cheerleader's version is just fiction?

‘He liked what he saw but didn’t necessarily think of drinks as anything more than a chance to be introduced to a woman he found attractive. He certainly could not have foreseen she would be the woman he would one day marry. What Meghan may have seen online could have easily convinced her to call the whole thing off.’

– The scene is painted for Meghan and Harry’s first date as they both check each other out online before they meet.

And for those who say M is his H's pseudo-mom, there is also a weird piece of praise that he was impressed because she could pack a bag really efficiently. Dare I say Hazard has never had to pack his own suitcase before? So he was enchanted by "domestic goddess" skills?

I agree. This author/podcaster I like just wrote a great book, and she really wanted to make the NYT bestsellers list, worked so hard to promote the book, etc, and it didn’t happen. From what I’ve read that NYT list is not really based on numbers, which makes it more annoying.
For many reasons, I don't have any faith in the NYT any more, whatsoever.

This would be an issue faced by everyone who works internationally. I once had to mediate a dispute between two colleagues who argued over the word "confirmation". This was with regards to booking an air ticket. The British guy "confirmed" the trip and expected the ticket to be issued. The Asian woman argued that he only "confirmed" the itinerary was correct but did not "confirm" that the trip was going ahead.

If this was the root cause of the problems MM faced as well as the accusations of her bullying behaviour, what I'd find strange is, Methane is supposedly a humanitarian working on an international platform, who gave a speech to the UN and travelled to many countries. She should have factored in a common communication issue like this. And she married into the BRF - a longterm commitment which would see her travelling extensively and meeting many foreigners. It's a given that her support staff would be briefing her on cultural nuances. Did she expect all the adjustment to come from others?

He might go with Methane's version of the tale since they contradicted each other during that infamous interview.

I think for future monetizing purposes, his book is going to create more questions than provide answers. Huge swathes of his life will be glossed over. Tribute will be paid to Methane. The ghost writer, if he values his reputation and future, would not create a life cut from whole cloth, unless that is all that is provided to him to craft the story.

Interestingly, I found a collection of quotes from Scabies' book which claims Methane and Hazard both checked each other out online. I suppose Mr Cheerleader's version is just fiction?

‘He liked what he saw but didn’t necessarily think of drinks as anything more than a chance to be introduced to a woman he found attractive. He certainly could not have foreseen she would be the woman he would one day marry. What Meghan may have seen online could have easily convinced her to call the whole thing off.’

– The scene is painted for Meghan and Harry’s first date as they both check each other out online before they meet.

And for those who say M is his H's pseudo-mom, there is also a weird piece of praise that he was impressed because she could pack a bag really efficiently. Dare I say Hazard has never had to pack his own suitcase before? So he was enchanted by "domestic goddess" skills?
I thought it was a blind date and Megain had no idea who he was? :angel:

I thought it was a blind date and Megain had no idea who he was? :angel:
It's so complicated that it's giving everyone a migraine because here, we have a situation that involves his truth, her truth, their truth, our truth, the media truth, google search truth, SoHo House truth, anybody's truth, everybody's truth. Hell, I forgot, my dog's truth, someone dog's truth, someone's cat's truth etc..:wtf::eek::panic:

Agree in theory. In reality, when people are stressed-out as she surely would have been, I believe the experts say people revert to their most familiar (?) communication styles. IDK H or M and I have no idea why she struggled. I mentioned the communication issue because it reminded me of this clip from my favorite show - :heart: hope everyone gets a chuckle out of it:

Tough talk, almost no action. H&M will still get the invites, still get $$$, still get pampered as needed. Nothing has changed, IMO.

I am still hopeful that their shelflife will expire as they go “stale” as celebrities. When you put them under the microscope they have really accomplished nothing in a year and a half other than a bunch of contracts they haven’t delivered on and a tell-all interview full of lies.

They aren’t getting any invites from other celebrities in Hollywood. I can’t think of a single movie star or famous producer who is publicly supporting them anymore. Meghan and Harry will either sink or swim and there are definite signs of floundering.

I am still hopeful that their shelflife will expire as they go “stale” as celebrities. When you put them under the microscope they have really accomplished nothing in a year and a half other than a bunch of contracts they haven’t delivered on and a tell-all interview full of lies.

They aren’t getting any invites from other celebrities in Hollywood. I can’t think of a single movie star or famous producer who is publicly supporting them anymore. Meghan and Harry will either sink or swim and there are definite signs of floundering.
IMO she doesn't have star power....their big asset is his royalty. we'll see how long they can retain interest using that while attacking his royal family

Agree in theory. In reality, when people are stressed-out as she surely would have been, I believe the experts say people revert to their most familiar (?) communication styles. IDK H or M and I have no idea why she struggled. I mentioned the communication issue because it reminded me of this clip from my favorite show - :heart: hope everyone gets a chuckle out of it:

Loved the clip!
As for why Methane struggled, my view is that first, she or her PR team built her up to be more than she was capable of achieving, and she had trouble living up to her hype. She expected a meteoric rise to fame and that was what happened. Sustaining that fame was the problem as, despite many promises to hit the ground running, she didn't achieve much. The second reason, which IIRC she herself mentioned in the OW interview, was that she was expecting the BRF to be equivalent to Hollywood stardom, and she wasn't happy that it wasn't. She may, as narcs would do, even feel that she was conned into being a civil servant with a tiara.

Loved the clip!
As for why Methane struggled, my view is that first, she or her PR team built her up to be more than she was capable of achieving, and she had trouble living up to her hype. She expected a meteoric rise to fame and that was what happened. Sustaining that fame was the problem as, despite many promises to hit the ground running, she didn't achieve much. The second reason, which IIRC she herself mentioned in the OW interview, was that she was expecting the BRF to be equivalent to Hollywood stardom, and she wasn't happy that it wasn't. She may, as narcs would do, even feel that she was conned into being a civil servant with a tiara.

And it was a loaned tiara….

I agree. This author/podcaster I like just wrote a great book, and she really wanted to make the NYT bestsellers list, worked so hard to promote the book, etc, and it didn’t happen. From what I’ve read that NYT list is not really based on numbers, which makes it more annoying.

The NYT list does not claim to be an accurate representation of sales. They actually had a court case in 1983 that went up to the Supreme Court where they argued that they weren’t responsible for any inaccuracies and that the lists are an “editorial product.”

The list is based on “weekly sales reports from independent, chain and wholesalers”.

So The Man He Has Become and his wife can’t just buy 18,000 books on amazon and make the list. You have to buy case lots across the country to get on the list.

There was a huge brouhaha in Young Adult Lit back eight, maybe 10 years ago when a truly awful book hit #1 on the list. Twitter found receipts, found evidence that the author had in fact hired a company to buy each and every copy of the book (to give out at cons, as one does) and NYT removed it from the list. (I remember it because it was such a terrible book. It made Twilight look like Shakespeare. Heck, by comparison, The Bench was almost palatable. And no one could believe it could knock the (excellent book that’s still being read today and whose name I just can’t recall right now) out of the number 1 spot. So KidLitTwitter went researching and literally found the receipts)

Turns out, there are businesses who will game the system for you, and buy enough books at enough of the right places to get you on the list. It used to cost about $250,000 to get onto the list - however, you can help yourself along a bit if you agree to accept book purchases as a part of your speaker fees (aka, a corporation will pay you $50,000 to speak, payable in $40,000 cash and $10,000 worth of books distributed to attendees)

Last edited:
Haha wonder what they will say about this. :coolio:
Meghan Markle's brother Thomas Markle Jr joins Big Brother VIP

https://mol.im/a/9812763

Channel 7 here in Australia are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with these nobodies. First Katie Hopkins (who was deported swiftly for flouting our quarantine laws) now this loser who''s been previously charged with holding a gun to a woman's head during an argument, domestic violence and alcohol issues.

I predict the ratings to be as high as this guy's score on the celeb-ometer.