Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021

Will have to exchange my Timb boots, one arrived like this.

I also bought the Sky Bay lace up booties from Timberlands, very cute! Ima buy the all black version too from Timberland directly. Lol

Attachments

• 391AF180-0764-41C5-BB09-4389D2E2107C.jpeg
    391AF180-0764-41C5-BB09-4389D2E2107C.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 45
Alright, first-world problems you guys. The Barbour rain boots were just delivered and welp...I can't decide. Barbours are olive green with black trim (hard to see in pic) and the Hunters are obviously black with a gray buckle. The Barbour boots hit about 1/2 inch lower on the leg than the Hunters. Weight is about the same. The Barbour boots have a super cute tartan plaid lining, and are slightly easier to get on/off. Hunters have a little more cushion inside. Sizing is identical (both 7's). Would it be weird to have 2 of the same style? :giggle:Any opinions?

I own both, Hunter in green and Barbour in Navy, and both are great! You can’t go wrong. I do tend to gravitate toward the Barbour on days where I’m going to be on my feet a lot. The small amount of cushioning on the Hunter don’t make a huge difference IMHO. I also like the rim on the back that helps with pulling them off. Both have held up well. I don’t think it’s at all weird to own two pairs:cool:

I have a pair of Hunters with the side buckle and it bothers me that it snags on things (tights, for example). If you need extra cushioning you can switch out the default insole for one of your choice.
I also find the side buckle annoying when I cross my legs. That’s more with the tall version, but I basically can’t cross my legs when wearing them.

Dose she have security camera or a ring doorbell? If so she should check it to see if it was actually delivered. At work we've had a lot of issues with FedEx deliveries. One driver literally dumped everything one day at our receiving door, rang the doorbell and left. We had a guy back there and literally the time it took for him to get to the door the guy was gone despite the fact that items delivered required a signature for delivery. The driver just wrote c19 on the signature capture. Another item for one of our departments is a item that requires a signature for delivery showed as delivered and receiving had no record of it being delivered. They requested the signature capture and the driver forged a signature of one of our guys who works in receiving. This employee was not working this day and the time of delivery was after 5pm so even if he was working this day he's done by 12:30pm. This was in the course of a week and a half.
This is helpful, I’ll tell her thanks!

So I was planning on going to get my in store pick up when they opened and was lazy. My laziness paid off and my big Friday order came. I have a few items still on the way. I was able to check everything out and return what didn't work for me and my in store pick up at the same time. My store is a smaller one and it felt like half of the floor was dedicated to sale items. It was almost somewhat reminiscent of stores pre covid with how much stuff was on the sales floor. My return went smoothly and my pick up was also quick. They gave me a scratcher with out asking for one. I won a free drink at the ebar. They also gave me a small beauty samples with my in store pick up which I didn’t notice until I got home. I didn't pick up anything additional in store but I did look around.

My take on the items I received and returned. The biggest surprise was the Jenny Kane mule 100% believed that they would go back because they would not fit me I have wide feet. Not only did they fit they're so much better in person than in pictures. I always see ads for them but no one near me sells them so it's hard to want to try them knowing that they probably won't fit my wide feet. I do have some hesitations about them. I don't know if I would wear them enough to justify the cost of them. I'm also curious about the wear of them I would spray them with suede spray first to protect them. I think that they will crease at the toes which will make them look old quickly. I am leaning towards keeping them despite my hesitations.

JENNI KAYNE Mule

20210721_111810.jpg

I also got the Tom gold glitter shoes. These are a tad snug on the top despite that I am keeping them. They're the perfect glitter, smooth nothing flaking off.

20210721_111303.jpg

Some of the items that I got that went back were the Nike phantom fly knit shoes. They were cute but way too snug over the top of my foot to be comfortable. I grabbed a pair of the beyond yoga leggings and omg they are smooth as butter now I know why they have such a cult following. The color however was not good for me and the others available are also not good for me. I will buy a non sale pair in a color that works for me. I also got the joggers and matching top. The top was a true crop top which I don't do. The joggers fit well but are so similar to a pair of black camo joggers I have from vuori I can't justify keeping them. I got the ugg black leopard sweater and I didn't like the fit on me. I also felt like it would be too hot for me.

I included a picture of the p448 high top we've talked about unfortunately they only had 3 pairs in store so I couldn't do a low top high top comparison color wise. A picture of the beauty samples I got with my in store pick up. And a pic of the beyond yoga leggings color. If I wasn't so pale it would look better.

20210721_134111.jpg

20210721_125228.jpg

20210721_112933.jpg

I own both, Hunter in green and Barbour in Navy, and both are great! You can’t go wrong. I do tend to gravitate toward the Barbour on days where I’m going to be on my feet a lot. The small amount of cushioning on the Hunter don’t make a huge difference IMHO. I also like the rim on the back that helps with pulling them off. Both have held up well. I don’t think it’s at all weird to own two pairs:cool:

Well you're no help! :lol: I'm over here trying to find a way to justify keeping both.."Well I could use this pair for this, and that pair for that..". I'm the worst.
I've been slowly streamlining my wardrobe over the last year or two, so keeping both kind of goes against that.
I don't know why I'm making such a thing of this, they're just rain boots for crying out loud!:panic:

:x anyone try the fendi sunglasses the ones with the fendi logo on the frame (not the aviator) in brown? I keep debating them if they come back in stock. I need more shirts now though and all the nice ones are OS :sad:
Fendi and Tiffany are my sunglass obsessions. They both make very light ones, which are a must for me. I have a similar pair to the oversized square ones in NAS. I recommend trying them out to see if it fits your face and style. These do have a 5 star rating iirc.

Of all the NSale disappointments on here, the thought of your little pup sitting around feeling too fat for the sweater, waiting for the right size and color to come back in stock upsets me the most. Pls give extra scritches and treatos on behalf of tpf.

Don't feel bad, you're not alone. I got the dog sweater in Dusk for my 25 lb animal, which would have fit okay had the size chart been correct. It's kind of small. The color is lovely so I won't be returning but hopefully my pet will lose a little weight....we had followed the posted size chart though.