2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see. What did you love about them?
They open wide so you can easily see everything and they are rather shallow so it is easy to access everything. I love how they look petite IRL. They came in some gorgeous finishes, including pleated, patent, croc, and embossed. All 6 of mine were very different from each other. I hated how they looked with the short shoulder strap.

Just received my Go Forth Goods Bag. I think weight wise it will be fine. It is 1lb and 9.View attachment 5142284View attachment 5142285View attachment 5142286View attachment 51422873/8oz . The strap needs to be softened a bit. I just need to wiggle it a bit to do that. The back pocket I added will be perfect for my phone. It is completely empty in the pictures so once loaded I think it will take shape. All in all quite satisfied. I am going to have fun changing straps and adding a little decoration on it now and then.
I love the colour you chose. You and the bag look fabulous!

I carried my chalk dinky - uk/england flag @dcooney4

I received my second blue bag so now I'll have two blue bags to wear this month @JenJBS ! Now I just need something to carry them to before this month ends...

View attachment 5142510
Great picture of your chalk Dinky. I am mesmerized by your avatar pic, the leathers, the colours, the top handle … :heart:

Tried on my new burgundy bag in the house and test packed. It really surprised me by being comfortable and easy to access. I can’t tell if the color is supposed to be a soft burgundy or if it needs a bit of moisture but other than that I really like it. I want a bag in this exact shape and size but a bit more refined in black for the holidays.
I have also found I am not a fan of wearing bags with chain straps. I love the way they look but then rarely wear them.

I still have not disposed my shredder which stopped working only after a year of me buying it. Suffice it to say, that has discouraged me from getting a new one. In any case, I may really have to go through my boxes! :sad:

Thanks for your take on it. :smile: In a way I’d feel violated if somebody would read the personal letters in my boxes!

Personal letters or files or photos being seen by total strangers is always a breech of privacy and it can be so hurtful when these things go into the wrong hands.
When I did the house clearance for my late aunt I found so many papers nobody else should ever lay hands on (many of them I didn´t read myself because it felt an inappropriate thing to do) and ended up tearing them all apart into the smallest pieces, mix the pieces and finally stuff them into big bags for recycling.
The same happened when my Dad passed away and I had to sort his belongings.

I still very much enjoy going through garbage at the curb. The tip meanwhile has moved location and it´s not possible to go treasure hunting there anymore. But as much as I love to hunt I never even attempt to read other people´s letters or documents. I just put them back.