Does anyone have a regular doctor for anti aging maintenance in NYC?

jemk927

O.G.
Apr 30, 2009
I have finally caved and gotten dysport on my entire forehead but I see the results starting to wear off after just six weeks so am looking for a doctor that can do regular anti aging procedures - some dysport or botox, perhaps filler for smaller lines, smaller touch-ups. etc. I need a regular maintenance routine. I felt like the first doctor I went to didn't offer up as many solutions as I was looking for (I am getting a few pucker lines on my upper lip and also have puffiness and wrinkles under my eyes but she didnt give any suggestions).

Anyone have a regular doctor they go to?

Just moved from NYC. I used Paul Lorenc on the UES for botox regularly (a few times a year for a few years). He did a great job. My mom’s plastic surgeon recommended him to me. However, neither ever recommends extra procedures to me (something that also bothers me to some extent). I think this is something you might want to bring up to them to make sure they’re aware that you’re interested in other treatments.

I have one and she's very nice, leans towards less is more philosophy, and is one of the "hailed" docs in local media I think, tho that's not how I found her. Nice, new ofc, midtown.

Mine sounds like shed be perfect for you bc she's all about anti aging routine. And she has tons of experience and suggestions depending on what you want.

However, I feel the practice, and therefore their docs, push business, albeit softly. Each time I go, they always get me to make appt for next treatment or procedure. And be there can be a lot of waiting sometimes...to see her, in btwn icing and treatment, etc.

I just happened to call today and she's booked months in advance. DM if interested.

Laser & Skin surgery center of NY. Specializes in dark skin (I have olive Asian skin) laser and other non cosmetic, medical procedures. They are fantastic. They pioneered dark skin laser and have many different ones on premises. I use picosure for overall facial rejuvenation - helps with skin texture and collagen. They also do a stellar job (natural, yet long lasting) of Botox and filler, and they do not push services; if they don’t think you need a service, they will tell you.
i also use lasemd and pico+ for hyperpigmentation and brown spots, and they also do laser hair removal.
Note: they are not inexpensive and you should budget a lot of extra time for numbing cream.

Last edited:
I see this is an older thread so the op has probably found someone, but I know this doctor personally. I was the program coordinator when she trained in dermatology. She is smart, her medical ethics are strong, and she's just as nice as she is beautiful, lol. If I lived in NYC, I would not hesitate to see her.

Laser & Skin surgery center of NY. Specializes in dark skin (I have olive Asian skin) laser and other non cosmetic, medical procedures. They are fantastic. They pioneered dark skin laser and have many different ones on premises. I use picosure for overall facial rejuvenation - helps with skin texture and collagen. They also do a stellar job (natural, yet long lasting) of Botox and filler, and they do not push services; if they don’t think you need a service, they will tell you.
i also use lasemd and pico+ for hyperpigmentation and brown spots, and they also do laser hair removal.
Note: they are not inexpensive and you should budget a lot of extra time for numbing cream.

Hi 880, I know you posted this a while ago but I was wondering what your experience was like with Picosure. I had one treatment a week ago and was wondering how long it took you to see results. How many treatments did you need? I was also wondering what the cost was. I paid about $600 for one treatment and was wondering if this was a decent price. Thanks.

Hi 880, I know you posted this a while ago but I was wondering what your experience was like with Picosure. I had one treatment a week ago and was wondering how long it took you to see results. How many treatments did you need? I was also wondering what the cost was. I paid about $600 for one treatment and was wondering if this was a decent price. Thanks.

I had at least five treatments (multiple lasers each), spaced one month apart, and of all of them, I was happiest with picosure. But I had really extensive damage — my skin is much worse than my moms skin, and she sunbathed for many years (the damage is bc of my own idiotic experiementing with essential oils). They totaled it up for me and I don’t recall the breakdown, but 600 usd sounds about right if I broke it down. . . Am going to see the dr this week for some other things; will inquire and if that price is totally off, I will let you know! (The Only reason why I stopped was bc they didnt recommend laser work in the summer due to sun exposure, but i will probably resume in fall). I also have a really low pain tolerance, and multiple laser treatments at once is a lot

note: my dr. was adamant that if you do any of this laser work, you must wear sunscreen. Regular sunscreen gives me milia so I bought a powdered sunscreen (hugely expensive — I think it was 130 usd for a small container — andwho knew there was such a thing) and the damn built in brush doesn’t work. I think Sephora has a less expensive version, if you go that route, but honestly I ended up just using a Helen kaminski visor hat and mask. (But basically, I’m almost never in the sun as DH and I are couch potatoes who are outside for exercise only in the early morning).

by the way, re anti-aging regimens, as per OP, i space (Botox and filler) more than 3 months apart. Doesn’t look shiny, weird or artificial. The difference is subtle but IMO makes me feel a lot better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emily1830
I had at least five treatments (multiple lasers each), spaced one month apart, and of all of them, I was happiest with picosure. But I had really extensive damage — my skin is much worse than my moms skin, and she sunbathed for many years (the damage is bc of my own idiotic experiementing with essential oils). They totaled it up for me and I don’t recall the breakdown, but 600 usd sounds about right if I broke it down. . . Am going to see the dr this week for some other things; will inquire and if that price is totally off, I will let you know! (The Only reason why I stopped was bc they didnt recommend laser work in the summer due to sun exposure, but i will probably resume in fall). I also have a really low pain tolerance, and multiple laser treatments at once is a lot

note: my dr. was adamant that if you do any of this laser work, you must wear sunscreen. Regular sunscreen gives me milia so I bought a powdered sunscreen (hugely expensive — I think it was 130 usd for a small container — andwho knew there was such a thing) and the damn built in brush doesn’t work. I think Sephora has a less expensive version, if you go that route, but honestly I ended up just using a Helen kaminski visor hat and mask. (But basically, I’m almost never in the sun as DH and I are couch potatoes who are outside for exercise only in the early morning).

by the way, re anti-aging regimens, as per OP, i space (Botox and filler) more than 3 months apart. Doesn’t look shiny, weird or artificial. The difference is subtle but IMO makes me feel a lot better.
Thanks so much for your detailed reply! Ok, I guess I had unrealistic expectations since I had Fraxel (almost positive) ten years ago but Picosure last week. The difference between procedures was huge—so I somehow thought I was getting Fraxel when I was actually getting Picosure (since it was so long ago I had forgotten the name). I saw slight improvement in my skin but nothing like Fraxel. However, I wonder if I got more hyperpigmentation since the (Fraxel) procedure since I have so many spots now.

And thanks for the heads up about sunscreen. My doc said the same and I wear sunscreen everyday anyway, but now I am more careful to reapply. Actually I am also wearing my mask out even though I am vaccinated since I want to protect my skin from the sun.

Is there a consultation fee for your doctor or just a copay? Just curious as I read some places charge a lot just for a consultation. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 880
Thanks so much for your detailed reply! Ok, I guess I had unrealistic expectations since I had Fraxel (almost positive) ten years ago but Picosure last week. The difference between procedures was huge—so I somehow thought I was getting Fraxel when I was actually getting Picosure (since it was so long ago I had forgotten the name). I saw slight improvement in my skin but nothing like Fraxel. However, I wonder if I got more hyperpigmentation since the (Fraxel) procedure since I have so many spots now.

And thanks for the heads up about sunscreen. My doc said the same and I wear sunscreen everyday anyway, but now I am more careful to reapply. Actually I am also wearing my mask out even though I am vaccinated since I want to protect my skin from the sun.

Is there a consultation fee for your doctor or just a copay? Just curious as I read some places charge a lot just for a consultation. Thanks!
Entirely out of pocket (ouch, lol). But my insurance really is beyond terrible, will ask for specifics this week :smile:

Reactions: Emily1830
I went to two now and I completely understand the caving in part.:P One is CPW Medspa in the W80s, but the owner and proprietor is not a doctor (she is a skilled Nurse Practitioner). Her specialty is vein treatment. I am very happy with the results, my spider veins are gone, but I need maintenance every year. I see new ones coming up but not as bad. She also does Botox and fillers in addition to Coolsculpting which I did pre-pandemic. It worked but I gained back the weight in other places during lockdown. I also went to Dr. Sobel at the UES for his Pico4 laser treatment of my facial scars. I had to research about this as I also have olive skin like 880, and the scars are from a botched plastic surgeon's treatment of facial warts that could have been easily removed by cauterization (long story).My scars looked like big freckles and with my olive skin, Pico is my only option. The scars did not go away completely with Pico (8 treatments 3 weeks apart) but my face looks better now. Thinking of going for Emsculpt NEO now or maybe I should go ahead and do a mini or fully tummy tuck - the problem being the downtime. It's for my C-section pouch....oh well!!!!

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
Somewhat related to anti-aging maintenance (at least in my mind). I feel and look a lot better lol

upneeq eye drops to open up the eye (prescription) I see an enormous difference ( as I got older I felt my eyes somehow got smaller or my face got bigger, IDK

nano eyebrows, eyeliner, and watercolor lips (brows by renee/ le kitsune) ( more definition, more polish, still natural, and my upper lip seems more evenly sized (not as thin as before) and the color is even ( no gray tinge) but the lip hurts.

also the eye liner caused my eye lid to temporarily swell up, but my eye doctor said my body is unusually sensitive to trauma. (he ruled out an infection or allergic reaction, and then asked me who did the work bc he has a lot of interested patients lol

C69D6084-112E-4D6C-AC45-682FC4A63CA2.jpeg

A newer laser has been improving my skin texture and stimulating collagen

clear and brilliant laser

I do numb an hour beforehand bc of the stinging feeling

Reactions: haute okole