The JADE thread!

Guess who got a rainbow bubble wrapped delivery today?! I just love the envelope lol.

81F27811-AFBA-4AC4-990E-20F4C168BC4C.jpeg

Virtual unpacking time!
322BC120-C1F1-4F04-B0D3-E1184A1AE45F.jpeg
E6FBAC82-5DBF-47B2-992F-EA6601F5437E.jpeg

Ta-da!
41392881-51D0-42F5-9020-B6E659EC1AF3.jpeg

I know quite a few fellow jadies got the chameleon bangles from the same stone so hello bangle sisters! My new bluish green bangle has a lighter part and a darker part and looks almost like 2 different bangles depending on which side is visible.
15449BCA-0CAC-42B4-9B6E-0BFD12498523.jpeg

Checked with Joey (from Lihong) and she confirmed that it’s of Myanmar origin and also that there are two different bluish-green boulders - one that is darker and less translucent (and I recall with some yellow?) and I think what I’d tried the first time and this other boulder that is lighter color/more translucent.

For my bangle I actually like the lighter color part more and would have preferred a slightly thicker bangle but Li-Hong has a limited selection of princess round that’s in my size so this one it is.

Much more pleasant experience with Joey vs my earlier visit and I got to wear the bangle myself so no bruises and didn’t feel violated.

She didn’t allow me to take pics of the store interior so sorry no extra store/eye candy pics for you ladies.

Guess who got a rainbow bubble wrapped delivery today?! I just love the envelope lol.

View attachment 5141798

Virtual unpacking time!
View attachment 5141799
View attachment 5141800

Ta-da!
View attachment 5141801

I know quite a few fellow jadies got the chameleon bangles from the same stone so hello bangle sisters! My new bluish green bangle has a lighter part and a darker part and looks almost like 2 different bangles depending on which side is visible.
View attachment 5141802

Checked with Joey (from Lihong) and she confirmed that it’s of Myanmar origin and also that there are two different bluish-green boulders - one that is darker and less translucent (and I recall with some yellow?) and I think what I’d tried the first time and this other boulder that is lighter color/more translucent.

For my bangle I actually like the lighter color part more and would have preferred a slightly thicker bangle but Li-Hong has a limited selection of princess round that’s in my size so this one it is.

Much more pleasant experience with Joey vs my earlier visit and I got to wear the bangle myself so no bruises and didn’t feel violated.

She didn’t allow me to take pics of the store interior so sorry no extra store/eye candy pics for you ladies.

Congrats, bangle sister!!! Your bangle is absolutely beautiful and it's really amazing that the 2-tones are so distinct :biggrin: My fave shot of it is the top row in the right corner in your collage :biggrin:

I'm not ashamed to admit that I still keep that rainbow bubble wrap, LOL! I think mine could have been from the first boulder since it has some yellow. I bought via their online store and also was WhatsApping them for more pictures before my purchase. So far, Joey has been the one who has taken care of all my online purchases :biggrin:

View attachment 5141798

Virtual unpacking time!
View attachment 5141799
View attachment 5141800

Ta-da!
View attachment 5141801

View attachment 5141802

Scrumptious ❤️

Thank you Juju ! Agree about it being hard to find one that checks all our boxes. That’s one of the cool things about jade that it is almost like selecting one’s wedding dress; it’s personal and unique in many ways. And Yes Width and thickness is something that can make a lot of difference . Hope you find your “check all the boxes” bangle soon
Thanks J! Do you mind sharing which vendor you got this beauty from? Not to many vendors seem to carry narrower widths.

View attachment 5141798

Virtual unpacking time!
View attachment 5141799
View attachment 5141800

Ta-da!
View attachment 5141801

View attachment 5141802

Omg! It's gorgeous! Love the 2 tones!

Reactions: Icyjade
Hey, anyone wearing tennis/DBTY bracelet with jade bangle on same hand/wrist? If not, do you wear both your diamond bracelets and jade bangles?

Am afraid of scratching my bangle so have been trying to wear my diamond bracelet on my right hand and jade bangle on left but really cannot get used to wearing anything on my right wrist.

hahahah I haven’t thrown mine yet too.

I love the color of your bangle!
Thank you
hahahah I haven’t thrown mine yet too.

I love the color of your bangle!
thank you very much. It’s amazing beauty who I mentioned in this post - it’s got a line/flaw inside it but it is the most lovely chartreuse yellow green & it was so reasonable I couldn’t resist

View attachment 5117086My collection is growing. Yellow-green round bangle. I haven’t thought up a name for this one yet :lol:

Hey, anyone wearing tennis/DBTY bracelet with jade bangle on same hand/wrist? If not, do you wear both your diamond bracelets and jade bangles?

Am afraid of scratching my bangle so have been trying to wear my diamond bracelet on my right hand and jade bangle on left but really cannot get used to wearing anything on my right wrist.

I think you need a buffer bracelet in between. Knowing that the Moh's hardness of diamond is 10 vs jadeite's 7, it would be risky.

I think you need a buffer bracelet in between. Knowing that the Moh's hardness of diamond is 10 vs jadeite's 7, it would be risky.

Thanks! My diamond bracelet moves around so I think a buffer bracelet wouldn’t work and also it becomes too much for me on one wrist if I add more…

So everyone wears their bangles/diamonds separately?

6C072852-1108-470F-9DC7-4BA547C4EF94.jpeg

Thanks! My diamond bracelet moves around so I think a buffer bracelet wouldn’t work and also it becomes too much for me on one wrist if I add more…

So everyone wears their bangles/diamonds separately?

View attachment 5142866
I think as long as the diamond's are wrapped around with any sort of precious metal, there's less chance of the bangle being scratched by your diamond bracelet, especially since there isn't anything sharp sticking out of your diamonds (I hope :lol:)

I think as long as the diamond's are wrapped around with any sort of precious metal, there's less chance of the bangle being scratched by your diamond bracelet, especially since there isn't anything sharp sticking out of your diamonds (I hope :lol:)

The cutlet sticks out! But I couldn’t stand wearing anything on my right wrist so I switched it back to my left wrist.

Top is the lighter side, bottom the darker side. Left is in morning sun, right is in shaded indoor light. 5B55E284-ACF6-45A7-AB31-D73547E40C12.jpeg