Your New Dooney: A mini reveal thread!

I knew it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW, that's a really nicely made interior!!!
How are you gonna start ruining(I mean using) it???
Thanks SM! I love the interior because I can put bills and coin in the red zipper compartment and they're not in the way like they were in my smaller zip around wallet. I used it this morning and it's so easy to use.

I'll tell you how I'm not going to ruin it, by letting my sister and a friend of ours touch it! Last night my sister wanted to hold it and I asked her if her hands were clean. :lol: When I got back from the store this morning a friend of ours, who also lives in this building, was standing at the door talking to my sister. She asked to see my wallet (my sister told her I only went out so I could use it :lol: ). I told her I'll show it to her but no touching! I'll have no friends, and a sister who won't speak to me, but I'll have the cleanest white wallet in SF! :roflmfao:

Thanks SM! I love the interior because I can put bills and coin in the red zipper compartment and they're not in the way like they were in my smaller zip around wallet. I used it this morning and it's so easy to use.

I'll tell you how I'm not going to ruin it, by letting my sister and a friend of ours touch it! Last night my sister wanted to hold it and I asked her if her hands were clean. :lol: When I got back from the store this morning a friend of ours, who also lives in this building, was standing at the door talking to my sister. She asked to see my wallet (my sister told her I only went out so I could use it :lol: ). I told her I'll show it to her but no touching! I'll have no friends, and a sister who won't speak to me, but I'll have the cleanest white wallet in SF! :roflmfao:
Oh man!! I know the feeling!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ILD: Pebble Grain Medium Zip Around Wallet.($59.00 with code: NINES) White, not red! :lol: They didn't have red and I really wanted this size wallet in pebble grain. (They have red in saffiano.) I've always wanted a white wallet so I thought this was a good time to step out of the red zone.
P.S. I saw this wallet in saffiano on a relatively new youtuber's channel. She's very good and always displays the bag and the contents. Worth checking out if you like W.I.M.B. videos. Dazzle Me 77
View attachment 5108758View attachment 5108759

What a beautiful wallet RN :smile:. That white looks so fresh and crisp — love it. And it’s got that yummy pebbled leather and lovely red lining. You made a great choice — after all, if you got a red wallet, it might blend in with all your other red items and be hard to find quickly in the sea of red inside your bag.

• Love
Reactions: RuedeNesle

It's beautiful! Put some leather conditioner on it. It'll make it more resistant to stains.

• Love
RN: you inspired me to load up my white pebbled leather Dooney Kendra satchel.... several years old,
still white and looking good. (It helps that the handles are dark brown, but the rest of the bag is all white.) BTW, you are right not to let others pet your new wallet until you supervise
their hand washing with soap and water. :biggrin:

• Love
What a beautiful wallet RN :smile:. That white looks so fresh and crisp — love it. And it’s got that yummy pebbled leather and lovely red lining. You made a great choice — after all, if you got a red wallet, it might blend in with all your other red items and be hard to find quickly in the sea of red inside your bag.
Thanks Minda! :smile:
You said everything I love about it! Fresh and crisp looking, yummy pebbled leather, and the red lining! :hbeat:
My red wallets compete with each other to be used, so white may have an advantage. But then again, my non-red wallets compete with each other, and I use red wallets more often, so I guess it's still better to be a red wallet in my closet than a non-red wallet. :confused1: :roflmfao:

It's beautiful! Put some leather conditioner on it. It'll make it more resistant to stains.
Thanks WE! :smile:
I have leather conditioners from Coach and MK. I wonder if they'll work on Dooney. I have not used them on my Dooney bags.

RN: you inspired me to load up my white pebbled leather Dooney Kendra satchel.... several years old,
still white and looking good. (It helps that the handles are dark brown, but the rest of the bag is all white.) BTW, you are right not to let others pet your new wallet until you supervise
their hand washing with soap and water. :biggrin:
YAY! :ghi5: I'm happy I inspired you to load up your white pebbled leather Kendra satchel! I hope you enjoy carrying it! It's encouraging to know yours is several years old and still white and looking good. Thanks for the back-up regarding clean hands! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thanks Minda! :smile:
You said everything I love about it! Fresh and crisp looking, yummy pebbled leather, and the red lining! :hbeat:
My red wallets compete with each other to be used, so white may have an advantage. But then again, my non-red wallets compete with each other, and I use red wallets more often, so I guess it's still better to be a red wallet in my closet than a non-red wallet. :confused1: :roflmfao:

Thanks WE! :smile:
I have leather conditions from Coach and MK. I wonder if they'll work on Dooney. I have not used them on my Dooney bags.

YAY! :ghi5: I'm happy I inspired you to load up your white pebbled leather Kendra satchel! I hope you enjoying carrying it! It's encouraging to know yours is several years old and still white and looking good. Thanks for the back-up regarding clean hands! :biggrin:
You can generally use any brand of leather conditioner on any brand of leather.

• Love
Let's talk about leather conditioner and white leather..... I don't know the answer and I'm not an expert....
but it would seem to me that a leather conditioner would soften the leather and also add moisturizing elements. And, I would be concerned that would make it easier for dirt to stick to the leather.
Just like when you put on hand cream, your hands get dirtier faster.

I've never used a water repellant product for leather. But, logically, wouldn't that serve to
repel things from sticking or being absorbed into the leather?

Also, to the best of my knowledge, white leather is NOT drum dyed, even white pebbled leather.
I remember hearing a long time ago that all white leather is surface colored. So, if that is true,
we want to avoid as many chemicals as possible, as they can break down the color. We also
want to clean the surface as gently as possible to avoid scrubbing off the white color.
Just like a fancy car or high end watch, good leather handbags require the proper maintenance.
:smile:

Let's talk about leather conditioner and white leather..... I don't know the answer and I'm not an expert....
but it would seem to me that a leather conditioner would soften the leather and also add moisturizing elements. And, I would be concerned that would make it easier for dirt to stick to the leather.

I've never used a water repellant product for leather. But, logically, wouldn't that serve to

Also, to the best of my knowledge, white leather is NOT drum dyed, even white pebbled leather.
I remember hearing a long time ago that all white leather is surface colored. So, if that is true,
we want to avoid as many chemicals as possible, as they can break down the color. We also
want to clean the surface as gently as possible to avoid scrubbing off the white color.
Just like a fancy car or high end watch, good leather handbags require the proper maintenance.
Thanks LJ!
You made some good points. That's it, I'm switching back to one of my red wallets. I don't want to carry anything that needs more maintenance and attention than I do! :roflmfao: Just kidding. I'm enjoying it too much to switch. I've never babied any of my Dooney bags, not even the Florentine line. We'll see how well I do with white.

I think you are correct that white leather is surface colored. If you continually clean a white bag you will wear off the surface color. I've conditioned my white pebbled leather bags with Blackrocks and it has helped keep them clean and prevented color transfer.

Poshmark find: Patent leather double pocket satchel. I've always wanted a red patent leather satchel. It holds what I need without having to dig to get things out. I wish it was one long outside front pocket. I've always struggled with what to put in the the two pockets. My phone is too big. One pocket holds a PocketBac and hand wipes, and the other pocket will hold my Daisy Rose key pouch (it's inside the bag just for the picture.) I keep my Clipper card in the key pouch. It came with the shoulder strap and a wristlet strap (not sure if she meant to include it. It was in the inside zipper pocket. It wasn't included in the listing. Gift?) I'm using my Amazon CBB strap. I'm hoping today will be her first outing. I think we'll go to Peet's to get the free drink I finally "earned" (after buying 15 beverages). :smile:

20210710_050219.jpg20210710_050915.jpg