New Balenciaga Bag - Le Cagole

Amortentia

O.G.
Dec 30, 2012
So I was in Selfridges the other day minding my own business, when this bag caught my eye. I did a double take, and then had a mini meltdown. HELLO OLD SCHOOL BALENCIAGA!! This bag is like an eclectic mash-up of the Day, Hip and Town. I really miss their moto style handbags, and will consider adding this to my collection at some point. It comes in four sizes (apparently), pictured below is the small.

It would be fabulous if it was available in Gold or Rose Gold hardware.

Thoughts?

26645F4D-8246-4E0B-889D-5CD58D866BF8.jpeg

Last edited:
So I was in Selfridges the other day minding my own business, when this bag caught my eye. I did a double take, and then had a mini meltdown. HELLO OLD SCHOOL BALENCIAGA!! This bag is like an eclectic mash-up of the Day, Hip and Town. I really miss their moto style handbags, and will consider adding this to my collection at some point. It comes in four sizes (apparently), pictured below is the small.

Thoughts?

View attachment 5128757
While it's good to see some elements of the original moto bags it's a little busy for me personally. I'd love to see some sort of larger hobo...:pray:

Thoughts?

View attachment 5128757
I think it’s cool. Was the leather soft or stiff?

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
I first saw this bag in a video by Cassie Thorpe:

She talks about it with her friend (on and off) from 2:55-4:36 and they also try it on. Some slightly harsh opinions on it. I think they were at Selfridges too.

I think it has that Barbie rock 'n' roll y2k vibe. I wouldn't like it on myself but could imagine someone else pulling it off!

Reactions: NYERINLONDON
I first saw this bag in a video by Cassie Thorpe:

She talks about it with her friend (on and off) from 2:55-4:36 and they also try it on. Some slightly harsh opinions on it. I think they were at Selfridges too.

I think it has that Barbie rock 'n' roll y2k vibe. I wouldn't like it on myself but could imagine someone else pulling it off!

I saw this video afterwards too, and I laughed @ the Claire’s Accessories comparison. I think it’s rather edgy and timeless in Black. The other colours however..:shocked:

I found this definition and it fits. Cheeky Demna. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatever the truth may be, the 'Cagole' is all about being 'too much': too much make-up, too much bling, too much voice, too much perfume, too much chest hanging out, too much jewellery, too much improbable clothing, too much drama, too much gesticulating – in short, too much of everything… The 'Cagole' speaks loudly, she is vulgar, you can see her coming a mile off, she is provocative and she manages to turn an expensive, classy object into a pig's ear (e.g. the Vuitton bag, Dior glasses, Chanel and Louboutin shoes). In fact, the 'Cagole' is someone to be reckoned with – and we adore her!