Please help with pink Birkin

kim_mac

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
for the longest time I wanted my first birkin to be in blue jean togo/epsom. then black togo/clemence with GHW. now, i'm thinking seriously about pink. pink is my favorite color, and i think it would be a great pop of color against my mostly black wardrobe.

i went to the boutique today to check out the various shades, and i like rose shocking chevre. cyclamen epsom looked more purplish IRL (pretty too). i did not see anything in fuschia chevre.

does anyone know if hermes is currently making birkins in any shade of pink (besides rose dragee?)

any votes as to which shade i should hold out for?

thanks so much, ladies!

kim_mac, I have seen Rose Shocking birkin 30 in chevre mysore, and I recently saw the same color/leather on a plume. So I think this color/leather combo is available at the moment. If you like pink, these are some you can consider:
  • Fuchsia - Chevre, Ostrich, Croc
  • Rose Shocking - Chevre Mysore
  • Rose Dragee - This is a very pale pink with lilac undertone, in Swift.
I had a glimpse of the leather swatches for SS2008 recently and there is one that looks like Salmon pink...but I cannot recall the name of the color & leather..HTH :smile:

thank you gigi leung. i am in love with rose shocking. also considering fuschia. don't know as i've never seen them IRL side by side (only on a few threads which compared the two colors). rose dragee is too pale (and the new salmon pink sounds similar).

on the hunt for rose shocking or fuschia!!! so excited!

kim_mac, I have seen Rose Shocking birkin 30 in chevre mysore, and I recently saw the same color/leather on a plume. So I think this color/leather combo is available at the moment.
I was very happy when I saw the plume in the store and I asked the SA about the possibilities of making one in a 30cm birkin. Her answer is: "Rare." :sad:

thank you gigi leung. i am in love with rose shocking. also considering fuschia. don't know as i've never seen them IRL side by side (only on a few threads which compared the two colors). rose dragee is too pale (and the new salmon pink sounds similar).

on the hunt for rose shocking or fuschia!!! so excited!

I just got my Fuschia Ostrich Birkin in size 30 this year, it's stamped K, so they're definitely still being produced at the moment. Pink is also my favorite color :heart:... but like you, I didn't really like rose dragee cuz it's too pale. I love the baby rose, as seen in one of the threads, but I heard it's very rare, and I've never seen one in person... So finally I settled with fuschia, because especially on ostrich, the color comes out a little softer, so it's more gentler than when it's in chevre. Rose shocking is also very pretty!
Here's a pic of my Fuschia 30 Ostrich...

Attachments

• Fuschia Ostrich.jpg
    Fuschia Ostrich.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 428
Oh my! Whitebirkin, you have the nicest bags always!!

attachment.php