Goyard Cap Vert

Help me decide Cap very users! I am contemplating getting a good size Goyard crossbody bag (Cap vert or Belvedere perhaps) for travel, or well when I need a small bag for when lunching out.haha
I like the simplicity of the cap vert but wondering if it's worth the money given the limited size amd material. I dont exactly baby my bags. I have the trusty gucci marmont bag that has been abused but has held up. Everyone has the same bag though so it's time to go.

Updating this
Went with the Sac Cap Vert in Black/Tan. It was a "blind buy" (in that I've never seen it IRL before the purchase), but yaasss it definitely was the right choice! Plus, it can fit so much inside.
Sharing this image for reference in case you're still deciding whether it's worth the buy:
my passport (and its thick holder!), ccy envelope, iPhone 7, big-ass Anker power bank (thicker than the Samsung S20+, which can also still fit inside!), 2 charging cables, small wallet, card holder, key holder, 50ml hand sanitizer, 25g lucas papaw ointment (haha), lip moisturizer..and yet there's still some space left (i.e. top of the phones) plus the internal pocket (can fit my cardholder) and the external pocket. 20210507_191720.jpg

Updating this
Went with the Sac Cap Vert in Black/Tan. It was a "blind buy" (in that I've never seen it IRL before the purchase), but yaasss it definitely was the right choice! Plus, it can fit so much inside.
Sharing this image for reference in case you're still deciding whether it's worth the buy:
my passport (and its thick holder!), ccy envelope, iPhone 7, big-ass Anker power bank (thicker than the Samsung S20+, which can also still fit inside!), 2 charging cables, small wallet, card holder, key holder, 50ml hand sanitizer, 25g lucas papaw ointment (haha), lip moisturizer..and yet there's still some space left (i.e. top of the phones) plus the internal pocket (can fit my cardholder) and the external pocket. View attachment 5077114
Wow thanks for sharing this!

In total how much did it come out to? Thinking about getting the black/black!

Wow thanks for sharing this!

In total how much did it come out to? Thinking about getting the black/black!

HK store price is 13,400HKD (about 1,740 USD)
Yes, go for it! :smile:
At first I thought I was crazy dropping the $$$ on a canvas bag, but I super love it! It has a thick lining so more durable (than St Louis at least). And the leather quality is really good!

HK store price is 13,400HKD (about 1,740 USD)
Yes, go for it! :smile:
At first I thought I was crazy dropping the $$$ on a canvas bag, but I super love it! It has a thick lining so more durable (than St Louis at least). And the leather quality is really good!
I agree! It actually keeps its shape really well and is lighter than most other bags plus the canvas is water resistant. I’m going to pull the trigger on the Belvedere pm next!

Reactions: Ironishii
Wondering if anyone has had the same issue -- I'm noticing wrinkling in the leather along the zipper. I'm assuming this is from opening the bag, but I thought the leather would have just gradually softened, not wrinkle like this. I've only had it for about 6 months and haven't used it all that much. Also seems odd that it's only happening on one side of the zipper. Is this normal? If anyone else has seen this, does it get better with time and normal use?
IMG_0725.jpg
IMG_0726.jpg

Wondering if anyone has had the same issue -- I'm noticing wrinkling in the leather along the zipper. I'm assuming this is from opening the bag, but I thought the leather would have just gradually softened, not wrinkle like this. I've only had it for about 6 months and haven't used it all that much. Also seems odd that it's only happening on one side of the zipper. Is this normal? If anyone else has seen this, does it get better with time and normal use?
View attachment 5097471
View attachment 5097472
I think this is normal due to wear. This leather seems more rigid than the one they use on the mini Saigon.

Reactions: ShoppingInSeattle
View attachment 5097471
View attachment 5097472
I've had mine for a few years now and have worn it daily without babying--I have some rubbing/peeling, but don't have any vertical creases.

Congrats! I just picked up a Black and Tan cap vert. Apparently this bag style is quite exclusive. They never show the Black and Tan colorway on the display… always a special color and you must ask for it. Even so, they shuffle to off somewhere to show you the Black and Tan

View attachment 5097471
View attachment 5097472

I just received my Sky blue one today and mine already has these creases on one side. I’m guessing as soon as the SA opened the bag to take the stuffing out the opening of the bag already caused these. Looks to me this leather is very rigid. I think it’s normal tho I’m not super happy on a new bag…

ECBB8A84-C05B-46EB-A9F1-E570A7FA7686.jpeg

Awww, but the color looks great! How do you like the bag?

I haven’t used it obviously since I just got it. I like the blue color. The bag is very lightweight and the size is just right for my daily essentials. Here’s me trying on the bag. Plz excuse my dirty mirror lol!

Attachments

• 6010C34E-D6EF-402D-8132-A7FB028DD5BA.jpeg
    6010C34E-D6EF-402D-8132-A7FB028DD5BA.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 381