The new (but old) Diana bag

Just posted on Instagram with photo and description. Isn’t on the US website yet. I like this. Thoughts? Anyone have an older version? I have an old simple black bamboo handle but not “Diana”. View attachment 5108885View attachment 5108886

I think you may have a Peggy(?) I have a TF for Gucci Bamboo woven-patent-leather basket with suede insert, I think it has a similar code to a Peggy.

Most 1990s Diana's were a larger size, and '00s ones without the GG on the tab, but they are pretty much the same model of bag. From looking at the preloved versions, I'd say they hold-up really well through time, that's one sturdy baby.

If anyone wants a previous version Diana, you'd better hurry before the pre-loved prices rise :shocked: .

I think you may have a Peggy(?) I have a TF for Gucci Bamboo woven-patent-leather basket with suede insert, I think it has a similar code to a Peggy.

Most 1990s Diana's were a larger size, and '00s ones without the GG on the tab, but they are pretty much the same model of bag. From looking at the preloved versions, I'd say they hold-up really well through time, that's one sturdy baby.

If anyone wants a previous version Diana, you'd better hurry before the pre-loved prices rise :shocked: .
Funny because as soon as I saw this on Instagram I went to Fashionphile and a “Diana” is listed. $250! While I love it, not in as good condition as I’d want. You are right the prices of the older bags will go up when the “new” Diana is released. That’s what seemed to happen with the Jackie’s. 9C172EE1-1A8E-4CED-A0AC-E76CE9B36433.jpeg

Funny because as soon as I saw this on Instagram I went to Fashionphile and a “Diana” is listed. $250! While I love it, not in as good condition as I’d want. You are right the prices of the older bags will go up when the “new” Diana is released. That’s what seemed to happen with the Jackie’s. View attachment 5109091

Not sure what they stored that baby next to :shrugs:

Absolutely...and like the vintage sig-print GAC bags when Ophedia came out. But that's what they want. They know the resale market effects standing in the ranks.

What were those little straps on the bamboo handles for? I've seen it on the old Diana bags and they are on this new one too!

Are they there for a reason?

Nevermind! It said why in the picture! Looks cool, I kinda want this bag!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tote Ali and snibor
What were those little straps on the bamboo handles for? I've seen it on the old Diana bags and they are on this new one too!

Are they there for a reason?
They are there to keep the curved bamboo handles from straightening back out. They are like "retainers" for the handles (I'm sure that's not what they are called, but they work like retainers to keep the teeth straight), and they were made of plastic. They were not meant to be kept on the bag during use.

The new Diana bag transforms these "retainers" into leather accessories that can be used to decorate the bag while preventing the curved handles from widening over time.

To add to my response @Yoshi1296 , here are images of what happens over time to the handles without the straps:
m_5b340ad8d6dc52bd161e135e.jpg

GUC146351_1_enlarged.jpg

They start to straighten back out a bit and pull the hardware below outwards.

They are there to keep the curved bamboo handles from straightening back out. They are like "retainers" for the handles (I'm sure that's not what they are called, but they work like retainers to keep the teeth straight), and they were made of plastic. They were not meant to be kept on the bag during use.

The new Diana bag transforms these "retainers" into leather accessories that can be used to decorate the bag while preventing the curved handles from widening over time.
To add to my response @Yoshi1296 , here are images of what happens over time to the handles without the straps:
m_5b340ad8d6dc52bd161e135e.jpg

GUC146351_1_enlarged.jpg

They start to straighten back out a bit and pull the hardware below outwards.

Wow interesting! Thank you !!

Good thing they give the straps! I had no idea the bamboo would straighten out

Not sure what they stored that baby next to :shrugs:

Absolutely...and like the vintage sig-print GAC bags when Ophedia came out. But that's what they want. They know the resale market effects standing in the ranks.

I found a confirm email from 6/15/16 (almost exactly 5 years ago LOL) for a Gucci Bamboo bag I purchased from Neiman's. I was so sad when it arrived with the bamboo handle unwrapped and flopped down, pressing indentations into the leather. Being new but already damaged was truly disappointing. So I'm sure this happened a lot with these handles..hopefully retainer straps will prevent this.

My email had a link to the webpage which still exists, so pic below. Oh, and it was originally $999, on sale for $749.25. How I would love to buy a new leather Gucci bag for under $1K now!

1624119835189.png

Last edited: