Is canvas being discontinued??

Im not sure but I was at one of the CA store yesterday hunting a speedyb25 mono she said the speedy in canvas is being discontinued! I was shock! I walked acrossed the street to another boutique and they have the bag. So glad i was able to get it before they for real DC it in canvas

Im not sure but I was at one of the CA store yesterday hunting a speedyb25 mono she said the speedy in canvas is being discontinued! I was shock! I walked acrossed the street to another boutique and they have the bag. So glad i was able to get it before they for real DC it in canvas
They can’t discontinue the Speedy in canvas, it’s like Chanel discontinuing their flap bags.

No, not completely, but I do believe they’re taking the focus off canvas pieces. I’m just not as interested in LV’s all-leather items, so it’s bad news for me.

I been the opposite. I took some interest with some leather bags. It pricier but different. Never have I seen so much Mahina bags offered on the display for the first time in the women department. There definitely few pieces of leather bags in the men department I definitely would want.

Reactions: Sunshine mama
I been the opposite. I took some interest with some leather bags. It pricier but different. Never have I seen so much Mahina bags offered on the display for the first time in the women department. There definitely few pieces of leather bags in the men department I definitely would want.

Definitely, some of them are very beautiful, it’s just that in my experience the leather products, particularly when it comes to bags, aren’t nearly as durable as the canvas. I suppose that’s to be expected, really. I’ve had bags in Taiga and calfskin and neither leather held up particularly well. I haven’t had great experience with Epi either, I find it wears a lot faster than any LV canvas item I’ve ever owned. With the exception of Gucci, all my other bags from other brands are leather, I guess I just prefer canvas when it comes to LV. I’d definitely be bummed if they stopped producing canvas bags altogether!

It seems like there is always a rumor that canvas is going to be discontinued. I remember when multicolore was discontinued, along with the old model pochette accessoires that sent people into a panic. My thought is that LV will always continue to push their leather handbags above canvas, because of the higher price point. Canvas will always be around, however, especially for trunks and novelty travel items, because it's famous for durability and is one of the oldest, most iconic logos around.

I think LV is definitely phasing out their canvas pieces. I visited the LV store in London and the SA told me they only had one Siena PM in stock in the whole country! It's been on my wishlist for years so I decided to buy it there and then. He confirmed that the Toiletry 26 is no longer available. I also had a browse on the LV website and the slgs are not available/not in stock like the pochette accessories and mini pochette. It's crazy, as I prefer the canvas pieces than leather.