Bottega Veneta in Action!

Good afternoon, from the sunny tropics.
I have been away from this forum for too long, licking my scales in sorrow as I sold off (in part) my TM-era BV collection, then slithered away for a while to hiss at DL's new direction and venomous betrayal.
Of late, however, I scored a few holy grail Maier designs on resale websites (bless their previous owners!) that have reinvigorated me, so I'm sliding out from my burrow to venture out again.
Here's Fume Shadow Embroidered large veneta (hobo) in cervo and snakeskin (python) leathers.
Again, bless you if I inherited it from any of you BVettes on TPF. I love it so much!1.jpg

I have been away from this forum for too long, licking my scales in sorrow as I sold off (in part) my TM-era BV collection, then slithered away for a while to hiss at DL's new direction and venomous betrayal.
Of late, however, I scored a few holy grail Maier designs on resale websites (bless their previous owners!) that have reinvigorated me, so I'm sliding out from my burrow to venture out again.
Here's Fume Shadow Embroidered large veneta (hobo) in cervo and snakeskin (python) leathers.
Again, bless you if I inherited it from any of you BVettes on TPF. I love it so much!View attachment 5108081
Stunning! Never seen this one before. I’ve found some incredible gems on the secondary market. You have as well!

If you don’t mind me asking, what pieces did you part with and why?

Reactions: Doncaster42
Again, bless you if I inherited it from any of you BVettes on TPF. I love it so much!
Stunning!! :love:
(I also wish I were in the beautiful tropics right now lol)

I unfortunately missed out on the heyday of TM’s tenure but I too am so grateful for a second opportunity to finally be a proud owner of TM’s beautiful pieces.:tup::heart: Wear in good health as they say!

Reactions: Doncaster42
Stunning! Never seen this one before. I’ve found some incredible gems on the secondary market. You have as well!

If you don’t mind me asking, what pieces did you part with and why?
Good morning, Couturequeen and Weezer. Not an issue sharing at all :smile: I basically culled from my collection the light-coloured pieces that I've always been too terrified to freely carry. Anxiety about my handbag situation is more stuff than I can cope with right now amidst the constant mask-wearing, and app- and token-scanning we still do for every establishment that we visit in Singapore.

Because I have neck issues, any handbag that I used to tote around on my arm also got the boot including some stunning Lidos. The workmanship still makes me sigh. But, I have admired and caressed the artisanal details long enough; someone else can enjoy them now.

I kept my single Cabat and ALL the large Venetas from 2015 onwards. And bought some. Understatement. The flat strap from the previous incarnation of the Veneta just didn't work for me. Sloping shoulders? Like what we old-school fans know, there's a special BV design (in the past, sigh again) that we are partial to and it just screams us - be it the Baseball Hobos, or the stunning Cabats or the tres elegant Knots. I discovered carefree hobo-wearing is me and it fits my lifestyle.

I still haven't bought a single item from DL's collections. I'm warming to the intrecciato Pouches and Jodies - it's been 2 long years (almost) - but I'm still waiting to see how the weave wears in time. I had a few sad incidents in the past with the tight weave (leather glue, it works fine) so I'm flummoxed how the wide weave remains snag-free IN REAL LIFE. I'm also suspicious as to why the bags seem to sag in such a short period of wear when the good old Venetas still hold their shape after years. If I'm paying for luxury, then, to me, it needs to last till the day I die.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

Last edited:
Good morning, Couturequeen and Weezer. Not an issue sharing at all :smile: I basically culled from my collection the light-coloured pieces that I've always been too terrified to freely carry. Anxiety about my handbag situation is more stuff than I can cope with right now amidst the constant mask-wearing, and app- and token-scanning we still do for every establishment that we visit in Singapore.

Because I have neck issues, any handbag that I used to tote around on my arm also got the boot including some stunning Lidos. The workmanship still makes me sigh. But, I have admired and caressed the artisanal details long enough; someone else can enjoy them now.

I kept my single Cabat and ALL the large Venetas from 2015 onwards. And bought some. Understatement. The flat strap from the previous incarnation of the Veneta just didn't work for me. Sloping shoulders? Like what we old-school fans know, there's a special BV design (in the past, sigh again) that we are partial to and it just screams us - be it the Baseball Hobos, or the stunning Cabats or the tres elegant Knots. I discovered carefree hobo-wearing is me and it fits my lifestyle.

I still haven't bought a single item from DL's collections. I'm warming to the intrecciato Pouches and Jodies - it's been 2 long years (almost) - but I'm still waiting to see how the weave wears in time. I had a few sad incidents in the past with the tight weave (leather glue, it works fine) so I'm flummoxed how the wide weave remains snag-free IN REAL LIFE. I'm also suspicious as to why the bags seem to sag in such a short period of wear when the good old Venetas still hold their shape after years. If I'm paying for luxury, then, to me, it needs to last till the day I die.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!
Thanks for sharing. Lifestyle changes definitely had an impact on my collection. Now that I drive more vs using public transport, I’m reaching for my Cabats and Lidos over my shoulder carry bags. I parted with two Venetas. And with the pandemic I’ve made the greatest use of my Pouch 20 crossbody - my first and only DL piece.

I hear you on the light bag anxiety. I now have a bit of it since the BV workshop couldn’t perfectly remove very tiny/light stains on my camel Ball or silver Lido. I don’t think I’ll ever own a white bag.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Lifestyle changes definitely had an impact on my collection. Now that I drive more vs using public transport, I’m reaching for my Cabats and Lidos over my shoulder carry bags. I parted with two Venetas. And with the pandemic I’ve made the greatest use of my Pouch 20 crossbody - my first and only DL piece.

I hear you on the light bag anxiety. I now have a bit of it since the BV workshop couldn’t perfectly remove very tiny/light stains on my camel Ball or silver Lido. I don’t think I’ll ever own a white bag.
I love how interesting and different we all are - and there's a bag for that too.
Have a good one, all.