Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Has anyone applied Renapur AND BR to a bag and if so how did it turn out? Just curious.

I used both on my jade Kimball when dunking, CPR and Renapur didn't completely restore the rubbed areas on the piping. I was hoping to avoid mixing acrylic paint colours to match the gorgeous shade of jade for a "colour refresh". It worked! :tup:

IMG_8700.JPG

I'm going to start my next rehab project with Baxter. Just received it on Tuesday and the leather definitely needs some love, but it feels supple and I have a good feeling this one will turn out amazing.
View attachment 5099801
Quoting my own before picture to show the difference. This bag rehabbed beautifully. While would guess this baby is over 26 yrs old?
20210611_142443.jpg

Quoting my own before picture to show the difference. This bag rehabbed beautifully. While would guess this baby is over 26 yrs old?
View attachment 5107739
I know...doing a NYC Dinky at the moment and my mum says she cant believe that the bag is over 40 years old....just goes to show you the quality and ease that we can rehab some of these bags

I know...doing a NYC Dinky at the moment and my mum says she cant believe that the bag is over 40 years old....just goes to show you the quality and ease that we can rehab some of these bags
Isn't that the truth! I've rehabbed two NYC Pocket Purses and they were some of my most impressive before and after.

Hello everyone,
Has anyone had any issues dunking an Ergo with Kiss lock? Mine arrived in the mail today and the interior is a hot mess.

I have and it came out fine, I even laundered it in the washer! See before and after pics at link below:

And here's a little more info about my Ergo rehab, good luck!

Last edited:
I have and it came out fine, I even laundered it in the washer! See before and after pics at link below:

Thanks for the information Katev. My Ergo is a different style. I should have attached a picture. If anyone has had experience with dunking this style, please let me know.

Screenshot_20210611-175512_Chrome.jpg

Thanks for the information Katev. My Ergo is a different style. I should have attached a picture. If anyone has had experience with dunking this style, please let me know.

View attachment 5107870

Duh! You said Kisslock but I was thinking Turnlock, sorry!

I've dunked and rehabbed 2 kisslock ergo bags and they both turned out well, see the links below for my tan patent ergo.

Tan Ergo Pleated Framed Satchel 12520

Before:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/page-1446#post-33230510

After:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/page-1447#post-33230539

She’s finally dry!
And the pen marks all came out once I dunked and lightly scrubbed with a toothbrush! :eek:I was expecting those pen marks to be more of a challenge.. was already planning to try that Debi the restorer cuticle remover trick… really glad I didn’t have to haha
One of the pen marks was a little more stubborn on the front of the bag and I think I scrubbed too much and actually lifted off some of the dye :frown: I think it’s not that noticeable to others (but it’s noticeable to me:crybaby:) I ordered some Angelus leather paint in English tan and I might go over that section and along some of the piping.. or I might just leave it and call it character:biggrin:
Before:
363A2167-EE0F-4739-A350-44A14EE5144D.jpegFA3F206E-9E5A-4934-B6D3-EB7041A3EAD6.jpeg
After:
D7AB6390-DF22-499C-B550-D7D83237B35B.jpegA90B23AE-A8CF-447B-84D8-794612A4C38E.jpeg

Attachments

• B805751C-768E-404A-BA34-A8D4034A0005.jpeg
    B805751C-768E-404A-BA34-A8D4034A0005.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 28
Duh! You said Kisslock but I was thinking Turnlock, sorry!

I've dunked and rehabbed 2 kisslock ergo bags and they both turned out well, see the links below for my tan patent ergo.

Tan Ergo Pleated Framed Satchel 12520

Before:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/page-1446#post-33230510

After:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/page-1447#post-33230539

Interesting, your bag does not have leather encasing your metal frame of the Kisslock. My frame is encased in leather and that's what I'm concerned about.

Attachments

• 20210611_192823.jpg
    20210611_192823.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: LadaZuri
Interesting, your bag does not have leather encasing your metal frame of the Kisslock. My frame is encased in leather and that's what I'm concerned about.

Maybe it is only the patent Ergo bags from that era that don't have a leather covering on the frame. Here's the other one that I rehabbed and it was a black patent Ergo kisslock 12520

Before:

After:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LadaZuri

This isn't an Ergo, it's a Rose Legacy Bridget, but it is from the same era and it has a leather covering over the kisslock frame. I gave it a bath and it came out fine:

Last edited:
This isn't an Ergo, it's a Rose Legacy Bridget, but it is from the same era and it has a leather covering over the kisslock frame. I gave it a bath and it came out fine:

Katev, thank you so much for sharing your experience! This has given me the courage to go ahead and dunk this bag along with the others. I'm excited and look forward to tomorrow! Once again, thank you!