2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the challenges:

Bag storage. I am not sure I have already posted this? There are from a few weeks ago. I won’t claim these are all my bags and the display in this, my main closet, changes with the seasons. But I have really streamlined my wardrobe, bags and clothes (I used to have a walk in closet, and moved to this) and I have not much more than this (bar coats). I like to be able to look at the bags and have air around them. I have learnt that when things are cramped, or stored away, no matter how tidily, I just don’t see them.

View attachment 5106522

In the wild: I know this feels like Winter but it is only a few days ago. With my latest bag, BV.

View attachment 5106537

Good question. I do change bags with the seasons, but upon consideration, I think it is more about materials and style than color for me. I guess I do tend to wear warmer colors in Winter and cooler ones in Summer. A white or very light bag in Winter can be difficult, but I would most definitely wear black in Summer.
Your closet is perfection! Your dogs are adorable .

@880 @Cookiefiend Thank you so much to you both! :heart:

That dark fuchsia crossbody is the Foley & Corinna Medium Lady in pebbled leather with gold-tone hardware I got from Neiman Marcus in 2015. I'm 5'3" and the strap is so very comfortable! And she packs nice and flat so I've traveled domestic and international with her a ton.

I agree with your seasonal color breakdown. I'd add white to Spring and Summer, yet I love using bags as pops of color during Winter.

@doni That's a gorgeous closet—love love love!
Thanks! So pretty!

Reactions: BowieFan1971
Storage- my H and LV are in the cubby, SLGs in the fake DE (bought it knowing it was fake to see what a fake looked/felt like but would never wear it out) and the rest are on the top shelf to the left of the H bags. Since my closet gets mysteriously dusty, they are all in dust bags. Shoes are in clear plastic boxes. The other half of the top shelf to the right of the H bags are the bags that I mean to go.

Attachments

• 6D2E431D-7ECD-4229-B85C-D35D64284B39.jpeg
    6D2E431D-7ECD-4229-B85C-D35D64284B39.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 32
  • 80F2FB53-905C-4B57-9F02-C4C379569653.jpeg
    80F2FB53-905C-4B57-9F02-C4C379569653.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 32
On the challenges:

Bag storage. I am not sure I have already posted this? There are from a few weeks ago. I won’t claim these are all my bags and the display in this, my main closet, changes with the seasons. But I have really streamlined my wardrobe, bags and clothes (I used to have a walk in closet, and moved to this) and I have not much more than this (bar coats). I like to be able to look at the bags and have air around them. I have learnt that when things are cramped, or stored away, no matter how tidily, I just don’t see them.

View attachment 5106522

In the wild: I know this feels like Winter but it is only a few days ago. With my latest bag, BV.

View attachment 5106537

Good question. I do change bags with the seasons, but upon consideration, I think it is more about materials and style than color for me. I guess I do tend to wear warmer colors in Winter and cooler ones in Summer. A white or very light bag in Winter can be difficult, but I would most definitely wear black in Summer.
GOALS!
So gorgeous!
@doni that’s my dream closet!!

Here’s how I organize my bags, a bit more cramped than I would prefer but I will hopefully be moving in some months and have a wardrobe custom designed.

I have a large closet compartment with shelves that I use for larger and medium bags - all filled and in their dust bags.

View attachment 5106627

Then I have a drawer for pochette type bags that can be stacked together. I only keep one bag outside (in dustbag) which is the LV Noe bucket that is too bulky to store filled in the closet. I have hooks on the wardrobe sides that I use for that plus hanging the bag I wear on the day.
Love it - mine are stored like this too! :ghi5:
I really don't wear any pastel colors (bags or clothes). Summer tends to be tans or LV Daimler Azure.
This summer, I bought this to shake it up a bit. Couldn't resist the sale price!View attachment 5106772
❤️❤️❤️

On the challenges:

View attachment 5106522

View attachment 5106537

Your closet looks like a boutique display! I don't dare show mine. :no:

You know, I suspect doni's closet is from the same famous Swedish store as mine, but hers is completely fab while mine is... tidy and restful. I'm going to keep telling myself that. :lol: (self, would lights make my closet look fab? self, you do not need lights in your closet. do not buy lights.)

Anyway, all my purses and SLGs, aside from what's currently in use, my gym bag, a few things on their way to H spa, and totes whose purpose at this point is holding other stuff and not actually leaving the house:closet-relevant.png

The top shelf is Longchamp Cuirs*, stuffed with the matching Neo if I have one. Clearly I was wearing the purple that day. The second shelf is all my "taller" bags**, plus my leather care products, moved in from the high shelf in the bf's workshop, where they were never used, to here, where it's possible they might be. And the drawer holds SLGs along the left (H in the H box), small purses*** in the back, and "flat" purses**** in the front right. (I'm not sure "flat" is a heretofore known purse category... :biggrin: )

* in light gray, dark red, purple, and black

** light gray Ted Baker, 2 black Hermes Yeohs (bag deflated because 1 is going to spa), black Hobo Lola, white Longchamp Roseau, black no-name laptop bag from a trip to Florence

*** black fur muff, red bag made by my mom's mom, red Hobo wristlet, multicolor Lulu Guinness clutch, black no-name clutch, black Longchamp WoC, silver Rodo clutch

**** light gray H Trim, BV bronze and dark red Venetas, black Coach Poppy satchel, black H clutch

A better picture of the drawer:
closet-slgs.png

And the whole closet section:
closet-full.png

This PAX lives in my bf's apartment, which is used for entertaining (terrible kitchen but brighter rooms and much less cat hair) and as a guest suite, so all the other drawers are full of guest and other extra bedding, and the boxes hold pretty gothy masks and other things that I had hanging on my apartment's walls but recently took down to put up cat trees. I think that makes me middle-aged. :-s

As said middle aged person, apologies for the info dump and I think I should save this post for my insurance records. :amuse:

You know, I suspect doni's closet is from the same famous Swedish store as mine, but hers is completely fab while mine is... tidy and restful. I'm going to keep telling myself that. :lol: (self, would lights make my closet look fab? self, you do not need lights in your closet. do not buy lights.)

Anyway, all my purses and SLGs, aside from what's currently in use, my gym bag, a few things on their way to H spa, and totes whose purpose at this point is holding other stuff and not actually leaving the house:View attachment 5107324

The top shelf is Longchamp Cuirs*, stuffed with the matching Neo if I have one. Clearly I was wearing the purple that day. The second shelf is all my "taller" bags**, plus my leather care products, moved in from the high shelf in the bf's workshop, where they were never used, to here, where it's possible they might be. And the drawer holds SLGs along the left (H in the H box), small purses*** in the back, and "flat" purses**** in the front right. (I'm not sure "flat" is a heretofore known purse category... :biggrin: )

** light gray Ted Baker, 2 black Hermes Yeohs (bag deflated because 1 is going to spa), black Hobo Lola, white Longchamp Roseau, black no-name laptop bag from a trip to Florence

*** black fur muff, red bag made by my mom's mom, red Hobo wristlet, multicolor Lulu Guinness clutch, black no-name clutch, black Longchamp WoC, silver Rodo clutch

**** light gray H Trim, BV bronze and dark red Venetas, black Coach Poppy satchel, black H clutch

View attachment 5107327

View attachment 5107329

This PAX lives in my bf's apartment, which is used for entertaining (terrible kitchen but brighter rooms and much less cat hair) and as a guest suite, so all the other drawers are full of guest and other extra bedding, and the boxes hold pretty gothy masks and other things that I had hanging on my apartment's walls but recently took down to put up cat trees. I think that makes me middle-aged. :-s

As said middle aged person, apologies for the info dump and I think I should save this post for my insurance records. :amuse:
So organized!!!!!! :smile:

Anyway, all my purses and SLGs, aside from what's currently in use, my gym bag, a few things on their way to H spa, and totes whose purpose at this point is holding other stuff and not actually leaving the house:View attachment 5107324

View attachment 5107327

View attachment 5107329

Love this! Very serene and restful as you say.

And yes you do need lights!

On the challenges:

View attachment 5106522

View attachment 5106537

I am in awe of your closet! :love:

View attachment 5107327

View attachment 5107329

This is a great closet. And if you have cats, I can see why the bags need to be protected.

But (just askin') why do you think you don't need lights? I think lights would be a terrific idea. As a more-than-middle-aged person, I can tell you that lights in a closet are not a luxury. They're a necessity. Maybe even a medical deduction? :lol: