New Hobbies During The Pandemic

Drop the recipe pls
I referenced https://brewbuch.com/how-to-make-kombucha/

For the starter I used GTS Original flavored kombucha. It must be plain kombucha and not flavored!

to make pellicle/ scoby:
1 gallon jar w/ cloth covering
1 rubber band
1 cup of GTS Original flavored kombucha (this will be your starter)
1/2 cup of sugar
4 bags of black tea (don't start with flavored tea or english breakfast)
7 cups of water
---
1. boil 7 cups of water and then remove from heat
2. stir in sugar and tea bag mixture
3. after letting it sit for 20 minutes remove tea bags
**tea must be room temperature before the next step**
4. add 1 cup of starter to your gallon jar and then add tea mixture
5. cover the top of jar with cloth and secure with rubber band

Now you wait until you see your live culture! usually takes about 10 days to a month depending on the climate :smile: Afterwards you can double the recipe to make your booch!

Wow I feel so behind. The only "hobby" I picked up was running. It's been less than a year. I just ran the longest distance I ever have this weekend: 6.5 miles.

Any other new runners?
That is awesome, congrats! I get in phases where I love to run and then can’t stand it and like to walk. Its easier for me to run on the treadmill, I usually need a distraction like tv or music. I do walks that far but I don’t think I have ever ran that far yet....

Not necessarily a new hobby, but I got back into baking! I try to do one recipe during the weekend and will probably continue even after we get back to more "normal" times. Most of the time they come out good, but there are some flops, haha!

My husband and I also decided to keep making our own bread each week instead of buying it so I bought a bulk container of yeast to keep in the freezer. I also make us homemade pizza a lot more often than grabbing a frozen one (which we still buy and eat.)

I always loved baking but stopped over the last few years because I "didn't have time." I totally did, I was just lazy, haha. Well I definitely had time this past year so I had no excuses. It was a nice escape from sitting working all day during the week and not being able to go hang out with family on the weekends like I usually do.

That is awesome, congrats! I get in phases where I love to run and then can’t stand it and like to walk. Its easier for me to run on the treadmill, I usually need a distraction like tv or music. I do walks that far but I don’t think I have ever ran that far yet....
Wow that’s even more dedication because walking takes longer to go further! Good job! Hope the weather is nice where you’re at. That totally helps

Reactions: 880 and Kevinaxx
I got into houseplants during the pandemic. I was spending so much time in my small apartment, and I have large south-facing windows in both my living room and bedroom, so I thought it would be good to put some of that sunlight to use. I started with a small plant in November, and eventually that grew into 30-ish plants. I went a little crazy in the beginning of the year, but I've scaled back some and only kept ones that I really liked. Now I have about 20, and it is more than enough. It brightens up my space and gives it some life. I am pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy them and how well most of the plants are doing.