PRADA: CLASSIC or TRENDY Shapes...Help?

Butterfly*

Dancing with Myself
Jul 13, 2007
Hey Ladies,

These were my first PRADA purchases. I'm pretty new in the game to designer bags/shoes. My taste is a bit edgy/classic.

Question: Are these shapes pretty classic?

I sometimes feel as if the first two shapes kind of resemble a dog bone (the way the outer edges look when the middle is covered by an arm.) Or, Maybe I'm analyzing too much (haha).

Thanks!

Attachments

• prodImage.ms.jpg
    prodImage.ms.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 57
  • zzz11.jpg
    zzz11.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 71
  • prada small3.jpg
    prada small3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 68
Jill,

Thanks for your feedback!:flowers:

I'm not too worried about the material, only because I love animal print, patent leather, metallics etc. (They just suit my personality...and personality=style/fashion...right! :wlae:

I know there are "classier" PRADA bags, but I just feel as though classic shapes will carry you further than classic materials...no?

Jill took the words out of my mouth. I was basically going to say the same thing.

I have to disagree that a classic shape will over-ride the metallic or animal print. That sort of detailing jumps out before the shape or styling of the bag would. If it suits you that's fine, but if you really want something classic, plain, uncomplicated leather is the way to go.

If you want to take it to the ridiculous, think of the Holy Grail handbag: the Hermes Birkin. If for some reason Hermes decided to put it out in an animal print or metallic finish Birkin for a season or two, everyone would be able to date it. A simple black leather is timeless. I saw a Birkin recently that was plain black leather. It could have been purchased last week. As it was, the bag is over 30 years old (very well maintained obviously). See what I mean?

If you want to take it to the ridiculous, think of the Holy Grail handbag: the Hermes Birkin. If for some reason Hermes decided to put it out in an animal print or metallic finish Birkin for a season or two, everyone would be able to date it. A simple black leather is timeless. I saw a Birkin recently that was plain black leather. It could have been purchased last week. As it was, the bag is over 30 years old (very well maintained obviously). See what I mean?
Very true. Thanks for all your feedback, ladies! Much appreciated. :flowers:

I guess I don't mind the "unconventionally" used material for these PRADA bags only because I hope to get a "timeless" black CHANEL handbag in the future. :graucho: