Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Think about getting a lavender amethyst ring. Just a single impressive stone. It'll be quartz so the price point and the wearability will be good. I like lavender, too. All shades of mauve are good, I like the deep mauves especially.. There are H scarves in this colorway. The H Secret Garden 90cm comes in medium mauve, it's a vintage floral. Might not be your style . . .

It's fine. I got the right size so it wasn't too tight, it was comfortable. It's a pretty striking look.

An amethyst ring sounds amazing! Do you have an inspirational pic. I’m thinking of a vintage sapphire band these days to contrast with my diamond band. There seems to be many different shades of blue though.

Good to know about the CDC. You have to share mod pic please. I still like the Galop but just never pulled the trigger. May be when the pandemic is over and I go back to the office or if I find a pre-loved one in a good condition online (don’t know my size though).

I looked up the Secret Garden. It’s so pretty! I‘m a winter-ish colorway so I can do lavender but it has to have some darker color accents or I look totally washed out. I find that the older I get the more washed out I look already. :nuts:

I had wante
I took some silversmithing classes, introductory, at the Art League, but I learned fairly quickly that I was much better (that is, it was much easier) to do beading rather than making a wax mold to be cast. The latter is sculptural, 3D, so it's harder (for me).

Did not like soldering. There are fumes from that and the darkening solution, liver of sulfur, is pretty pungent. The local guy doesn't want to do what he calls "antiquing" -- darkening the silver to highlight aspects of the chassed or repousse design -- probably b/c the stuff is pungent.

Cutting metal with a jeweler's saw was ok, now I know what handmade jewelry looks like. The classes were probably worth it for that.

I really prefer sewing if I've going to be working in a 3D context.

I always admire people who can create whether it’s art, jewelry, music, etc. It’s great that you can sew and make jewelry. I think the pieces you make yourself give you so much more joy when you wear them. I know that when someone gave me something that she made herself, I treasure it so much more.

• Love
Reactions: eagle1002us
IMO the worst predator of all has been hunters. It's my understanding that in the late 1880s to around the 1920s, koalas were hunted for their pelts which supposedly made clothing rain resistant. Millions died and of course that kind of population size is long gone, impossible to recover from such carnage. Thankfully President Hubert Hoover put a ban on the koala skin trade, this might have been when he was working for the Dept. of Commerce. The guy doesn't necessarily get any kudos in the US b/c he didn't stop the financial chaos that become the worldwide Great Depression. Well, the guy gets kudos in my book for banning the koala trade -- the hundreds of pelts collected in a hunt would make you (and me) sick -- there are pictures. Anyhow, economists generally say WWII ended the Depression. So, we're good again! :smile:

Well, habitat loss and the stress that causes fosters disease in koalas, notably chlamydia and my understanding is that there is also a koala retrovirus. I've read of autopsies in koalas where the cause of death is this, that, and the other thing. Before I got into koalas I did not realize how animals can suffer from concurrent conditions b/c habitat loss makes them, well, nervous wrecks. One day your home's there and the next day somebody chopped it (and lots of others) down to build a motel. I've seen pictures of how koalas get dazed and confused looking for a tree that's just flat-out disappeared. Multiply that situation across the Country and it's just not good.

I found this article when I looked up this disease: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...ood-times-cafe.882228/page-1675#post-34502810.

An amethyst ring sounds amazing! Do you have an inspirational pic. I’m thinking of a vintage sapphire band these days to contrast with my diamond band. There seems to be many different shades of blue though.

Good to know about the CDC. You have to share mod pic please. I still like the Galop but just never pulled the trigger. May be when the pandemic is over and I go back to the office or if I find a pre-loved one in a good condition online (don’t know my size though).

I looked up the Secret Garden. It’s so pretty! I‘m a winter-ish colorway so I can do lavender but it has to have some darker color accents or I look totally washed out. I find that the older I get the more washed out I look already. :nuts:
I used to like dark colors like burgundy, dark green or dark teal, etc. I still do to some degree and have outfits mostly from work in those colors (each with coordinating HS!). Nowadays, citrus colors draw me. Like in that seasonal personal color analysis, I've gone from a soft autumn to a spring. I don't wear makeup, which could make a difference wearing dark colors but I am prone to acne (can't believe this!) so I use a prescription retinoid. And just soap and water.

Anyhow, what I also wanted to say was that someone in this forum mentioned a piece of jewelry of a witch riding a VW. Now that sounded really intriguing!

I have 3 of these fish, different metals, bronze, white metal, etc. DH won't let me wear them. I wore one to a craft show ages ago and the crafts people were gaga over it. I imagine if I had the witch with the VW I'd get a similar response. (@etoupebirkin here's something for you to gag on!).1620252660978.png

This necklace is pure mid to late 60's. I have some other sixties necklaces (no time for photo) which I feel I should wear. But I wanted to find out what Chat folks think about this:

When I run into someone wearing a fish necklace like this I:

(a) think they like a distinctive look in accessories;

(b) they're a little wacko;

(c) it takes getting used to;

(d) all of the above.

So here's a little survey for you guys. BTW, the fish is signed Louis Giusti.

I used to like dark colors like burgundy, dark green or dark teal, etc. I still do to some degree and have outfits mostly from work in those colors (each with coordinating HS!). Nowadays, citrus colors draw me. Like in that seasonal personal color analysis, I've gone from a soft autumn to a spring. I don't wear makeup, which could make a difference wearing dark colors but I am prone to acne (can't believe this!) so I use a prescription retinoid. And just soap and water.

Anyhow, what I also wanted to say was that someone in this forum mentioned a piece of jewelry of a witch riding a VW. Now that sounded really intriguing!

I have 3 of these fish, different metals, bronze, white metal, etc. DH won't let me wear them. I wore one to a craft show ages ago and the crafts people were gaga over it. I imagine if I had the witch with the VW I'd get a similar response. (@etoupebirkin here's something for you to gag on!).View attachment 5075716

This necklace is pure mid to late 60's. I have some other sixties necklaces (no time for photo) which I feel I should wear. But I wanted to find out what Chat folks think about this:

When I run into someone wearing a fish necklace like this I:

(a) think they like a distinctive look in accessories;

(b) they're a little wacko;

(c) it takes getting used to;

(d) all of the above.

So here's a little survey for you guys. BTW, the fish is signed Louis Giusti.

I would say that someone wearing a fish necklace has a unique sense of fashion and is confident in her taste. Good for that someone to pull it off! While I like bright bold colors (love pastels too but they wash me out), unfortunately I can’t wear any big and/or bold necklaces. I’m only 5’ 1” so I try to draw the eyes upwards instead (whatever helps including 4” heels before working from home during the pandemic). I do wear the longer Farandole necklace—it’s my favourite!

• Love
Reactions: eagle1002us
I would say that someone wearing a fish necklace has a unique sense of fashion and is confident in her taste. Good for that someone to pull it off! While I like bright bold colors (love pastels too but they wash me out), unfortunately I can’t wear any big and/or bold necklaces. I’m only 5’ 1” so I try to draw the eyes upwards instead (whatever helps including 4” heels before working from home during the pandemic). I do wear the longer Farandole necklace—it’s my favourite!
Thank you for your obs, Fabfashion. :flowers::flowers::flowers: Last time I was Paris (the 2nd of 2 times in my life) I got the licol necklace, not the short versionb but the one with an open silver teardrop shape with a "drop" of a silver tassel at the bottom. Haven't worn it once!!! (Both trips were 2019, a last hurrah before the pandemic altho I didn't know that at the time). The other necklace i have considered is a silver chain with a 2 inch long chaine d'ancre pendant. I think there is a variation of this is on H.com, not the original of like 5 years ago. which (I think I like large pendants and chunkiness if possible).

I have noticed that the people who like the long Farandole necklace really like it and wear it. It's a pretty necklace, a true H classic, something you can wear everywhere and for every occasion.

I loved the short Licol necklace when I tried it on when it first came out a long time ago. The design features a one-sided (asymmetrical)drap of silver chains. It is a striking design but the drop moves to the center, the asymmetrical drape doesn't stay put when you move.

I shrunk an inch and a half a while back. I take calcium supplements now and I'm supposed to walk a whole bunch. Well, I use the stationary bike, which doesn't not have the beneficial aspect of going against gravity compared with walking. However, the bike does strengthen the leg muscles very well. I think we walked from FSH to the Musee d'Orsay and I was fine. (I did find that the Parisian cobblestones with their rough edges gored my fav shoes on the side where the top leather is fastened to the sole. AWWWW! ).

Four inch heels! Irrespective of politics, I did like the way Melania ***** dressed while she was in the White House, she always looked beautiful and fashionable. And she always wore 4 inch heels, she could carry them off, she moved gracefully with them on. I cannot wear high heels.

Reactions: Fabfashion
Fabfashion, Is your avatar two little girls hugging each other? Very charming.
@eagle1002us, yes, those are my twin DDs. I think they were 4 or 5 at the time. We usually go to Hawaii every March break and we took that pic in front of the H boutique. I had one from when they were 3 as well. The store renovated in 2019 and is now much bigger. We were there last year just before our Canadian border was shutting down due to the pandemic. We checked out the new H boutique quickly as we were in Honolulu only for 2 days then we went to the Big Island. When we came back to Honolulu again, the stores were closed. I usually get myself a H souvenir whenever we visit a country with a H boutique but wasn’t able to get anything last year. I don’t mind though since I got 2 H bags in 2019—one of which I’ve never carried. May be you and I need to set a date—you bring out your Kelly and I’ll bring out my Constance. ;)

Thank you for your obs, Fabfashion. :flowers::flowers::flowers: Last time I was Paris (the 2nd of 2 times in my life) I got the licol necklace, not the short versionb but the one with an open silver teardrop shape with a "drop" of a silver tassel at the bottom. Haven't worn it once!!! (Both trips were 2019, a last hurrah before the pandemic altho I didn't know that at the time). The other necklace i have considered is a silver chain with a 2 inch long chaine d'ancre pendant. I think there is a variation of this is on H.com, not the original of like 5 years ago. which (I think I like large pendants and chunkiness if possible).

I have noticed that the people who like the long Farandole necklace really like it and wear it. It's a pretty necklace, a true H classic, something you can wear everywhere and for every occasion.

I loved the short Licol necklace when I tried it on when it first came out a long time ago. The design features a one-sided (asymmetrical)drap of silver chains. It is a striking design but the drop moves to the center, the asymmetrical drape doesn't stay put when you move.

I shrunk an inch and a half a while back. I take calcium supplements now and I'm supposed to walk a whole bunch. Well, I use the stationary bike, which doesn't not have the beneficial aspect of going against gravity compared with walking. However, the bike does strengthen the leg muscles very well. I think we walked from FSH to the Musee d'Orsay and I was fine. (I did find that the Parisian cobblestones with their rough edges gored my fav shoes on the side where the top leather is fastened to the sole. AWWWW! ).

Four inch heels! Irrespective of politics, I did like the way Melania ***** dressed while she was in the White House, she always looked beautiful and fashionable. And she always wore 4 inch heels, she could carry them off, she moved gracefully with them on. I cannot wear high heels.
I love the look of the Licol! It’s so pretty and unique. I’m surprised it doesn’t stay put. That would certainly bug me. When you mentioned the Chain D’ancer, you just reminded me that I have a short one with 3 dangling chains. I have it upstairs but found this image on Google. I don’t wear it as often as I should (like may be 4 times since I got it) as it has a strange length. It’s not quite long enough for a round neck top and it’ll flip into the inside of my top so I can only wear it with a deeper V-neck or an open-neck shirt, both of which I rarely wear. It’s rather cute though.0C9E7F41-F332-4DFC-AEB2-9CA21414DD4F.jpeg

As for high heels, I doubt I’ll be able to wear 4” heels again after all this time. Lol.

Reactions: Ms Stressa
I love the look of the Licol! It’s so pretty and unique. I’m surprised it doesn’t stay put. That would certainly bug me. When you mentioned the Chain D’ancer, you just reminded me that I have a short one with 3 dangling chains. I have it upstairs but found this image on Google. I don’t wear it as often as I should (like may be 4 times since I got it) as it has a strange length. It’s not quite long enough for a round neck top and it’ll flip into the inside of my top so I can only wear it with a deeper V-neck or an open-neck shirt, both of which I rarely wear. It’s rather cute though.View attachment 5076973

As for high heels, I doubt I’ll be able to wear 4” heels again after all this time. Lol.
I have gotten some necklace extenders from Lord & Taylor (RIP) for $10 a pop way back when. They are a small chain of, oh, I don't know, 2.5 inches with small lobster clasps on each end to lengthen the necklace in the back. I made a few on my own with my beading tools. I would think extenders are available somewhere, maybe even at a jeweler, a craft store like Michael's (I guessing), a bead store. or somewhere on the web.
It is a cute necklace, it would be nice to wear it.

@eagle1002us, as I searched for vintage/antique Tiffany things, I came across these earrings. They’ll go with the fish necklace.

View attachment 5076974
Very Nice! Do you remember the price? I have a pair of Mexican silver fish earrings which I had converted to pierced from screw-backs. I used to have a nice silver fish necklace, also Mexican, that fastened in the center front., head connecting to tail. And had scales. And looked nice for many years. Now, the effect is too much of a choker, I look better in sautoirs.

@eagle1002us, yes, those are my twin DDs. I think they were 4 or 5 at the time. We usually go to Hawaii every March break and we took that pic in front of the H boutique. I had one from when they were 3 as well. The store renovated in 2019 and is now much bigger. We were there last year just before our Canadian border was shutting down due to the pandemic. We checked out the new H boutique quickly as we were in Honolulu only for 2 days then we went to the Big Island. When we came back to Honolulu again, the stores were closed. I usually get myself a H souvenir whenever we visit a country with a H boutique but wasn’t able to get anything last year. I don’t mind though since I got 2 H bags in 2019—one of which I’ve never carried. May be you and I need to set a date—you bring out your Kelly and I’ll bring out my Constance. ;)

Good idea! I'd wear two shoulder-bag kellys, both from 2019, the lime one and also a big gold one --and never carried. So one was a Constance? That's a pretty bag. Can you post pix of your two bags?

I have gotten some necklace extenders from Lord & Taylor (RIP) for $10 a pop way back when. They are a small chain of, oh, I don't know, 2.5 inches with small lobster clasps on each end to lengthen the necklace in the back. I made a few on my own with my beading tools. I would think extenders are available somewhere, maybe even at a jeweler, a craft store like Michael's (I guessing), a bead store. or somewhere on the web.
It is a cute necklace, it would be nice to wear it.
That’s a great idea! Thanks, @eagle1002us. I’m sure I can find it on Amazon or Etsy. I have a few necklaces like that where the length is neither here nor there. I have one silver Tiffany necklace (my only one) that I ended up having Tiffany added a few inches but it costed $50 when the necklace was only $350. Could have used the $10 extender instead! Oh well.