Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Ditto to this. I started shopping at Hermes during the pandemic and I'm enjoying it. I love the appointment system because I like the one on one time as well. My SA was telling me how insanely busy the store was pre-pandemic and I'm glad I'm shopping there during the pandemic because I don't like crowds! I think it's a good time because you'll actually get to spend time with your SA without other people trying to grab their attention. Also not interested in a B or K or in a rush to get any item, though, so low inventory doesn't bother me.

Me too, I quite like the Covid shopping. I relcatated to US from UK in early 2020 and started a relationship with a SA in my city. Due to Covid, I was allocated a SA when I booked my appointment. We slowly get to know each other, she is sweet and helpful. I visited the store about once every month. Finally, I received an email from my SA and purchased my very first Constance this weekend.

My H journey made me appreciate more of the H brand and it certainly has widen my choice of H fashion and homeware. I can only say this is the beginning my journey!

Hi everyone, i'm trying to understand what the challenges are for someone who isn't a famous celebrity but wealthy enough to afford a Birkin to be able to develop a first-time relationship with Hermes (ie get an in) that enables them to then buy a Birkin at retail/at a store. Would love to get some insight about this.

Reactions: Bereal
Hi everyone, i'm trying to understand what the challenges are for someone who isn't a famous celebrity but wealthy enough to afford a Birkin to be able to develop a first-time relationship with Hermes (ie get an in) that enables them to then buy a Birkin at retail/at a store. Would love to get some insight about this.

this thread has a lot of info: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...et-a-birkin-or-other-bag-reading-room.505926/

and also this entire thread has points on how to get your first quota bag... but my major takeaway would be:
1- shop with ONE STORE and one SA to build a profile.. be loyal
2- buying items outside of Bags will help building up your profile faster - such as RTW, Homes & Fine jewlery
3- maintain good professional relationship with SA. to be considered a quota bag, SA will need to get you approved by SA.
4 - if you dont want to play the hermes game, then buy preloved

Last edited:
I started my H relationship the second half of last year and have only bought from one SA. Recently in response to a text I sent to my SA, I received a reply from the boutique stating my SA is out for two weeks and another SA will contact me "on behalf of <insert my SA's name>." So another SA reached out to me, who was the same SA that helped me one day I had an appointment with my regular SA but she had called out sick. (I ended up not buying anything because they did not have what I was looking for.). I would like to stay loyal to my regular SA. My question: since the covering SA is contacting me on behalf of my regular SA in her absence, does that mean my regular SA will get credit for items I purchase? Not sure how that works since that seems like it would be unfair to the SA covering her. And, will said items be under my one profile with my regular SA, or separate and now under a profile with the covering SA?

I started my H relationship the second half of last year and have only bought from one SA. Recently in response to a text I sent to my SA, I received a reply from the boutique stating my SA is out for two weeks and another SA will contact me "on behalf of <insert my SA's name>." So another SA reached out to me, who was the same SA that helped me one day I had an appointment with my regular SA but she had called out sick. (I ended up not buying anything because they did not have what I was looking for.). I would like to stay loyal to my regular SA. My question: since the covering SA is contacting me on behalf of my regular SA in her absence, does that mean my regular SA will get credit for items I purchase? Not sure how that works since that seems like it would be unfair to the SA covering her. And, will said items be under my one profile with my regular SA, or separate and now under a profile with the covering SA?
Your profile will show all purchases made by you, regardless of which store or which SA, and even including website purchases.

If another SA is helping you, they will likely ring up the items with their name as the “cashier” and your SA’s name under each item, and thus your SA will get the credit. Or they could have an arrangement where your SA will be covering for this other one’s vacation time next week so they each just take whatever sales they make while covering for one another. Regardless, if this is how the store wants you to shop while your SA is out on vacation then there won’t be an issue in regards to your profile.

Your profile will show all purchases made by you, regardless of which store or which SA, and even including website purchases.

If another SA is helping you, they will likely ring up the items with their name as the “cashier” and your SA’s name under each item, and thus your SA will get the credit. Or they could have an arrangement where your SA will be covering for this other one’s vacation time next week so they each just take whatever sales they make while covering for one another. Regardless, if this is how the store wants you to shop while your SA is out on vacation then there won’t be an issue in regards to your profile.
Thanks @acrowcounted ! This is what I was thinking and hoping it to be.

These questions really should not be your concern and should not affect your actions.
What is very important is that in your chosen store the SAs are working together for your benefit.
Obviously the store wishes to retain your custom.
If you are more concerned about how this will affect your likelihood to get a quota bag you should ask them outright.

In a world with such low stock, how are people maintaining their relationships? I simply can’t keep asking me SA if they have certain items only for her to respond w no :sad:

When I go to the boutiques, I always send a list of what I'm looking for the day before so the SA can have things ready when I get there. The last time I went, every single thing I asked for wasn't in the store, but my SA was able to get it from other stores and ship it to me. Maybe you can ask your SA if the items you're looking for can be ordered and shipped.

In a world with such low stock, how are people maintaining their relationships? I simply can’t keep asking me SA if they have certain items only for her to respond w no :sad:

How about asking your SA what have they gotten in store and see what’s there? I do think stores are still getting shipments. Do make it clear you aren’t asking about bags shipments though since they get too many of those ;) Other than that, probably just have to be patient!

How about asking your SA what have they gotten in store and see what’s there? I do think stores are still getting shipments. Do make it clear you aren’t asking about bags shipments though since they get too many of those ;) Other than that, probably just have to be patient!
i agree with that... you may need to pivot based on what they have in stock since stock and styles do vary from store to store. being honest of what you can or cannot pivot on will help the experience. For example, I wanted a RTW piece a while back for a trip, my SA couldn't locate one in my desired size/color, so i just asked what she got in store and got a piece that I know i love and enjoy just as much as the original choice.

it is def a waiting game if you want to transfer or place an order ;)

Reactions: momoc