**Hermes Chat**

Hi everyone!
I hope this is the correct place to ask.
I’m pretty new to Hermes however I did make some purchases from 2 separate boutiques back in 2015.
I bought a Jige Clutch, a set of 4 children’s towels, some fashion jewelry, few tableware items & some fragrances. Not a huge amount by any means, but I was just wondering since it’s been 6 years now since my last purchase, do those items still show under my profile & count towards my “spend” towards a quota bag Or am I starting fresh?
I would assume they do show but that id need to start fresh as far as my spending towards a quota bag? But thought I’d ask here with so many wise Hermes experts who would know for sure. Thanks in advance !
Hermes USA changed/updated their Client management system in 2016. So any purchases prior to that if you weren't shopping regularly were erased and refreshed. Possibly, archived somewhere but when I went with my husband they couldn't find his profile in the end of 2016. And it's always best to find a store you like and stick with 1 SA. They don't like it when client's jump around from store to store. They really want you to build a relationship and "demonstrate" your brand loyalty. When you jump around to different stores the first thing they assume is that you are trying to play a game and get as many bags as you can. But all the stores talk to each other once you have a profile and it's been flagged. I'm not implying you are shady, just letting you know what H SA's think.

Hermes USA changed/updated their Client management system in 2016. So any purchases prior to that if you weren't shopping regularly were erased and refreshed. Possibly, archived somewhere but when I went with my husband they couldn't find his profile in the end of 2016. And it's always best to find a store you like and stick with 1 SA. They don't like it when client's jump around from store to store. They really want you to build a relationship and "demonstrate" your brand loyalty. When you jump around to different stores the first thing they assume is that you are trying to play a game and get as many bags as you can. But all the stores talk to each other once you have a profile and it's been flagged. I'm not implying you are shady, just letting you know what H SA's think.
Hi!
ohhh really they refreshed their system, ok so then looks like I’ll be totally starting fresh. Which is fine, it wasn’t like I had a huge spend anyway.
Completely agree with you, thanks for the warning re shopping at different locations! My home store is in California so I had all of my spend there, but while I was on vacation in Vegas for my bday, I had purchased the Jige Clutch there at the crystals boutique. That was the only item outside of my home store, mostly Bc I’ve never had an SA I work with since I wasn’t purchasing back then in order to get a quota bag lol
Now that I am, I’ll definitely do all purchases w 1 SA at 1 boutique.
Thanks so much for your help!

Reactions: Fabfashion
Aw...look at how he clutched the teddy.
I love that picture. Glad you do too, Fabfashion. These little tykes have a lot of emotion, they're very expressive. Her little paws on the teddy grab me too.

When I think about it, Mother Nature really outdid herself on koalas. They embrace trees, teddies, Mum's back, belly or head, people, they're so consistent. I could go on.

So, how ya been lately?

Fabfashion, did you ever see a polar bear IRL? In their natural setting? What'd you think?

I only have a sense of the Artic from what I've read about Alaska -- pipelines, melting permafrost, brown bears from down south coming into Alaska, melting ice floes, etc. You worked in natural resources? How are things going in your neck of the woods? It could well be that there are some bright spots in Alaska that I just don't know about. I certainly hope so. The environment is such a huge huge challenge to respond to, much less manage.

I saw a polar bear in a local zoo a gazillion years ago. He was contained in a small place for such a big animal. And he was hot. The zoo was fairly warm but it was evident that he was suffering. For display.
Disgusting and outrageous! I thought about complaining but what was the alternative? You can't just let a polar bear loose in the zoo's back yard. I assume and hope the zoo is much more enlightened by now. The zoo renovated not long after my visit.
@eagle1002us, I’ve only seen polar bears at the zoo too. And, we had panda bear pairs that came and stayed at our zoo for a while and had a baby panda! They moved to another city now.

I‘m in marketing and branding. I’m a city girl so it helps when they’re trying to reach people like me who don’t know much about nature and how to help protect it. In turn I learned so much about nature, wildlife, biodiversity, invasive species and so on.

Hi!
ohhh really they refreshed their system, ok so then looks like I’ll be totally starting fresh. Which is fine, it wasn’t like I had a huge spend anyway.
Completely agree with you, thanks for the warning re shopping at different locations! My home store is in California so I had all of my spend there, but while I was on vacation in Vegas for my bday, I had purchased the Jige Clutch there at the crystals boutique. That was the only item outside of my home store, mostly Bc I’ve never had an SA I work with since I wasn’t purchasing back then in order to get a quota bag lol
Now that I am, I’ll definitely do all purchases w 1 SA at 1 boutique.
Thanks so much for your help!
If you remember the SA at your home store and the person is still there, see if you can go back to that SA. These H SAs have amazing memory! You may have to jog his/her memory a a little but at least there would be some existing relationship to further build on.

Reactions: Bentley1
I love that picture. Glad you do too, Fabfashion. These little tykes have a lot of emotion, they're very expressive. Her little paws on the teddy grab me too.

When I think about it, Mother Nature really outdid herself on koalas. They embrace trees, teddies, Mum's back, belly or head, people, they're so consistent. I could go on.

So, how ya been lately?
It’s been crazy busy at work since last Thursday, @eagle1002us! I think it should be a little better now (knock on wood!). I have some surprising good news. I took a look at my 2 CSGMs that have the giant pull yesterday and they don’t seem as bad as I thought. For 2 years I stuck them under my pile of sweaters. When I went to pull out one sweater, I saw the shawls and decided to pull them out (and cringed the whole time). I’ll take pics tomorrow in daylight and you tell me what you think.

It’s been crazy busy at work since last Thursday, @eagle1002us! I think it should be a little better now (knock on wood!). I have some surprising good news. I took a look at my 2 CSGMs that have the giant pull yesterday and they don’t seem as bad as I thought. For 2 years I stuck them under my pile of sweaters. When I went to pull out one sweater, I saw the shawls and decided to pull them out (and cringed the whole time). I’ll take pics tomorrow in daylight and you tell me what you think.
Sure, I'll be happy to take a look. Might be late afternoon or early evening. Sleeping schedule got messed up.

@eagle1002us, I’ve only seen polar bears at the zoo too. And, we had panda bear pairs that came and stayed at our zoo for a while and had a baby panda! They moved to another city now.

I‘m in marketing and branding. I’m a city girl so it helps when they’re trying to reach people like me who don’t know much about nature and how to help protect it. In turn I learned so much about nature, wildlife, biodiversity, invasive species and so on.
Interesting! And that's really a job encompassing contemporary concerns about ecology and sustainability, etc.

We have pandas in our zoo. But no hippo. Used to have a dude named Happy but Happy got trucked to Milwaukee. This was a shame. Happy had his own fenced pool and he could duck inside the enclosure and let a running faucet pour water into his mouth. Apparently he loved that faucet.

Milwaukee is cold!!! Our climate is warm and getting warmer. Perfect for a hippo. I bet he had a real shock stepping out of his trailer and getting into that cold water. Supposedly he was sent to a zoo which had a mother and daughter hippo, both prospects for mating. As I recall, he got in a bit of a snit when he arrived -- which hippos are prone to do -- and ignored everyone and wouldn't ham it up for the onlookers. This was like a decade ago, easily. I'll have to check on how he's doing.

I used to love seeing Happy in person. He was just so darn big, unbelievable! I was into hippos (we have several hippo knick-knacks, all with variations of toothy smiles).

We have a National zoo. We should have a hippo.

I just checked the Milwaukee zoo site. Happy has a new pool which is glassed on one size so visitors can see him paddling under water. It's a nice look, we went to the Toledo zoo to see their glassed-in enclosure.
Patti is 10 years older than Happy and she's no cougar. She doesn't like him and leaves the pool to him.
Well, I hope it's heated very well. There is some kind of Japanese monkey that lives among [volcanic?] hot springs. Winter snows + hot spring + monkeys = very nice photo op.

If you remember the SA at your home store and the person is still there, see if you can go back to that SA. These H SAs have amazing memory! You may have to jog his/her memory a a little but at least there would be some existing relationship to further build on.
Thank you for the advice that’s a great idea . I had actually found the receipt from my last purchase in 2017 lol so thankfully I can see who it was . I’m going to try and make an appt with him this week if he’s still there!

I just checked the Milwaukee zoo site. Happy has a new pool which is glassed on one size so visitors can see him paddling under water. It's a nice look, we went to the Toledo zoo to see their glassed-in enclosure.
Patti is 10 years older than Happy and she's no cougar. She doesn't like him and leaves the pool to him.
Well, I hope it's heated very well. There is some kind of Japanese monkey that lives among [volcanic?] hot springs. Winter snows + hot spring + monkeys = very nice photo op.
I used to love visiting the hippos at the zoo when I was a kid. I thought they were so cute until I learned later that they’re actually quite predatory. I think I had it in my mind that they were rather cute and cuddly from watching Disney’s Fantasia. Lol.

So I finally took some pics today of my 2 CSGMs that got pulls from wearing the coat with a little chain at the back of the collar. I was rather surprised and delighted when I finally looked at them the other day that they weren’t as badly damaged as I’d thought. Plus my eyesight is so much worse now than then (no kidding!). I think I was very traumatized when it happened back in 2018. I vaguely remembered tugging the fabric a bit to try to fix it. The pulls on the Cavalcadour weren’t that bad. In fact I don’t think I knew it had any pull until I saw the pulls on the Duo d’Etriers which were big loopy ones. Here’s the Cavalcadour. I really love this colorway—so simple with a pop of red.

06391983-EE1C-496D-A90E-E61AC38FE98C.jpeg

There are some small loopy threads that I’m not sure if I should try to fix them. I don’t want to make things worse.
F75A5208-B2BA-45F5-88D2-62F9D7D7CB94.jpeg

This is the back part where I can see the red threads in the cream area.
B2AE3756-5B44-4E03-9587-CE2EEF139E84.jpeg

Now the Duo d’Etriers. I was really upset when this happened. It was a souvenir from when we visited Paris and FSH. Then the first time I wore it, it got pulls! The pulls run both vertically and horizontally. Not sure if they’ll show up clearly on camera because of the busy pattern. If I were to wear it, it won’t be noticeable but when inspected closely, I can see the orange thread in the blue/purple section and vice versa. Both this shawl and the Cavalcadour have been sitting under a pile of sweaters for over 3 years. Well, I guess they won’t get any worse. I did try to fix the longer loops when it first happened that’s why they don’t so bad now. For some reason I kept thinking the long pulled threads were still there—I guess it got burned into my brain.

0B3D1DDE-02B7-4E8F-A42F-09855D636B52.jpeg
6E3841A3-4C38-4F9D-847A-49CA1AD306C9.jpeg

9F1D9918-E773-431E-9F80-4CE84B54D4D6.jpeg

Reactions: Gnuj