Considering Caramel Cassette...

Fashion412

Jul 2, 2017
I posted this in the Chanel thread but thought it was only right to get opinions in the BV thread also!

To preface, I am a huge fan of caramel / camel toned shoes and bags, and have been (im)patiently trying to get my hands on either the spring Chanel 19 in camel or the future fall Chanel 19 in tan but unless I trade in my organs, I don't think I will be lucky enough to score a variation of this bag. Also, it's starting to drive me nuts how impossible it is to get seasonal colors and styles in popular bag silhouettes at Chanel.

That aside, I am debating getting the Bottega Veneta padded cassette bag in caramel in place of the Chanel 19 just so I can add a beautifully colored caramel bag to my collection before the weather is consistently warm. I tried it on recently and was very impressed with the color, quality, and look on my frame. I have the BV mini pouch in this color and absolutely love it, but need the day to day crossbody version for my life.

I'd love my fellow BV lovers thoughts on whether this might be a decent alternative and whether you have this bag in your collection also.

TY in advance :smile:

I have the padded cassette in black and absolutely love it. It is very lightweight and unique. I’m even considering getting another color. The caramel is color is gorgeous, the boutique I went to were sold out of this color in all the styles. I want caramel in the small Jodi.

Reactions: Fashion412
I have the padded cassette in black and absolutely love it. It is very lightweight and unique. I’m even considering getting another color. The caramel is color is gorgeous, the boutique I went to were sold out of this color in all the styles. I want caramel in the small Jodi.
I have it in the mini interaccio pouch and I used it 24/7 last summer (see attached)

CSV Bags.jpg.

It truly is the perfect shade of tan. Some tans can be too orange, some can be too brown - this isn't at all. I was hesitant getting another bag in this same tan color, but it's a totally different bag with more capacity, so I may pull the trigger today.

I tried on the Almond color - while beautiful, I have pale skin and blonde hair and it just feels like it's an extension of my skin lol. I need more caramel tones I think.

I have it in the mini interaccio pouch and I used it 24/7 last summer (see attached)

View attachment 5074003.

It truly is the perfect shade of tan. Some tans can be too orange, some can be too brown - this isn't at all. I was hesitant getting another bag in this same tan color, but it's a totally different bag with more capacity, so I may pull the trigger today.

I tried on the Almond color - while beautiful, I have pale skin and blonde hair and it just feels like it's an extension of my skin lol. I need more caramel tones I think.
Your mini in Caramel is so beautiful! I love your collection

Reactions: Fashion412

View attachment 5074003.

Am currently considering caramel in a small Jodie. In your photo the small pouch looks very mustardy, orangey but you describe it as more neutral. Is your photo very accurate colorwise?

View attachment 5074003.

Yea caramel is definitely the perfect brown shade. It’s a color I never get tired of looking at!

Am currently considering caramel in a small Jodie. In your photo the small pouch looks very mustardy, orangey but you describe it as more neutral. Is your photo very accurate colorwise?

Attached are more close up photos that is a more accurate reflection of both the cassette and the mini pouch shade of tan. I think it's a great neutral:

bvc2.jpgbvc1.jpg

Thanks for posting. I think I have to pass...just looks too yellow to my eye. I guess what I am more interested in is a light cocoa type brown rather than tan. A cooler tone. In looking on the BV website and sorting to see a comparison of all the browns and I find Cammello to be more appealing but I don't care for any of the styles in that color. Guess I’ll have to abandon hopes of returning to BV anytime soon.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I think I have to pass...just looks too yellow to my eye. I guess what I am more interested in is a light cocoa type brown rather than tan. A cooler tone. In looking on the BV website and sorting to see a comparison of all the browns and I find Cammello to be more appealing but I don't care for any of the styles in that color. Guess I’ll have to abandon hopes of returning to BV anytime soon.
Of course! Here’s another shot in the daylight. If you can get to a store or FaceTime a sales associate lol it’s worth it because they have so many shades of brown and tan.

40B02AD2-ACD0-4001-AB43-C11A8DF6F26A.jpeg

I love this bag.

Big difference in the color in this photo. Thanks for posting.
Here are some helpful videofor this colour as well:

also if you have Instagram you can check the padded cassette tag. There are quite a few caramel bags. Of course people can edit etc but it might be nice to see some variety.

Of course! Here’s another shot in the daylight. If you can get to a store or FaceTime a sales associate lol it’s worth it because they have so many shades of brown and tan.

View attachment 5089080

I love this bag.
Gorgeous!!

Here are some helpful videofor this colour as well:

also if you have Instagram you can check the padded cassette tag. There are quite a few caramel bags. Of course people can edit etc but it might be nice to see some variety.

Gorgeous!!

Checked the gram and found plenty of caramel under the Jodie feed. Thanks for the suggestion. I’m too lazy to go to the store in person. After a year plus of sheltering I’m not very motivated to do any old school shopping!

Reactions: Cardamom