Dooney Lovers--Post Up Your NON-DOONEY Favorites

Enjoy your new handbag. I love the print in that color combo. Always thought that was
the nicest print that other brand does. Glad to see similar vibe in the print in your handbag. Very
nice.
Thank you @lavenderjunkie! This is a special bag that will always remind me to have hope. It commemorates my journey to wellness after suffering from adenomyosis, and having a recent hysterectomy.

Reactions: RadhaDB and MKB0925
Is this area still deserted? I remember your post of this area(I think) when covid lockdown had just started.
Hi SM!
Yes, it's still pretty empty in Union Square. The restaurants and stores that are re-opening around Union Square are bringing people slowly back to the area. I went to Macy's last Wednesday and I was one of only two customers in the handbag section. It felt very strange walking around Macy's, like I wasn't supposed to be there yet. I left about five minutes after I got there. I'm seeing more hotels re-opening and I see Napa tour buses loading when I walk in the morning.

• Love
Reactions: Sunshine mama
Hi SM!
Yes, it's still pretty empty in Union Square. The restaurants and stores that are re-opening around Union Square are bringing people slowly back to the area. I went to Macy's last Wednesday and I was one of only two customers in the handbag section. It felt very strange walking around Macy's, like I wasn't supposed to be there yet. I left about five minutes after I got there. I'm seeing more hotels re-opening and I see Napa tour buses loading when I walk in the morning.
RN: news stories indicate the SF area is doing very well in terms of beating back Covid. I expect you
will see more and more people milling about. Same thing is going to happen in NY. That's good news,
and yet, a little disconcerting. The lack of crowds had some benefits. Even with the 'rules' in place, not
everyone observed social distancing or proper mask wearing indoors. With rules relaxed, it will be the
wild west in some places.

RN: news stories indicate the SF area is doing very well in terms of beating back Covid. I expect you
will see more and more people milling about. Same thing is going to happen in NY. That's good news,
and yet, a little disconcerting. The lack of crowds had some benefits. Even with the 'rules' in place, not
everyone observed social distancing or proper mask wearing indoors. With rules relaxed, it will be the
wild west in some places.
You are so right! I'm already seeing people more laxed with regards to masks. Apparently if you've been vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask outdoors when you're walking. You just have to assume (hope!) everyone not wearing a mask has been vaccinated. But some people weren't wearing a mask long before the vaccine was available. I see more people stopping and asking for directions, which means tourism is back. Most tourist are wearing masks. I'll know things are truly back to "normal" (when am I going to be able to write "normal" without quotation marks? :lol: ), when the Hop on Hop off tour buses start running again.

You are so right! I'm already seeing people more laxed with regards to masks. Apparently if you've been vaccinated you don't have to wear a mask outdoors when you're walking. You just have to assume (hope!) everyone not wearing a mask has been vaccinated. But some people weren't wearing a mask long before the vaccine was available. I see more people stopping and asking for directions, which means tourism is back. Most tourist are wearing masks. I'll know things are truly back to "normal" (when am I going to be able to write "normal" without quotation marks? :lol: ), when the Hop on Hop off tour buses start running again.
Even in places that should know how to follow protocols, like doctors offices, I see a lot of things that
don't 'conform' to common sense practices.... unsafe practices from staff as well as the public.

Even in places that should know how to follow protocols, like doctors offices, I see a lot of things that
don't 'conform' to common sense practices.... unsafe practices from staff as well as the public.
My daughter is a First Responder. She said so many police and fire fighters were testing positive for Covid because they were not always following protocols. But they were the first to get vaccinated and hopefully things have gotten better.

• Wow