Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-4-3-2-1
Designers who have done 5 or fewer scarves

Whenever we have designer theme weeks, those artists who are prolific producers tend to be the stars. This week, we turn the spotlight on new designers and those who produced only a few works of scarf art. I must admit that when we came up with this theme, several fave artists were still at 5 and below, but this season alone, a couple of them exceeded five designs. So I'm not going to be strict about this. The more the merrier :biggrin: And if your taste runs to vintage or you love to do research, show us the first five designs produced by someone who now has lots of scarves to their credit. Every designer, after all, started with one first design!

Octave Marsal has created about 5 scarf designs for Hermes, either on his own or in collaboration with others.

Quite coincidentally, I acquired both his collaborations with Theo de Gueltzl in monochromatic cws. L'Ombre des Pivoines in gold and Faubourg Tropicale in Blue Jean. I love the finesse feel of these two scarves.
View attachment 5072323
View attachment 5072300

Edouard Baribeaud has two scarf designs to his credit. With the designs inspired by Shakespeare and mythology, it was a no-brainer for me to quickly acquire them. Acte iii in 3 cws and La Danse des Amazones.
View attachment 5072328
View attachment 5072315

Some designers do one-offs for H. The magnificent Kawa Ora by Te Rangitu Netana and L'Arbre du Vent by Montserrat Gonzalez-Lugo fall in this category.
View attachment 5072346
View attachment 5072309

Even further back, I have Marcelina which was a one-off by Natalie Rich-Fernandez and Le Monde du Polo by Chantal de Crissey.
View attachment 5072319
View attachment 5072318

You can also show us those scarves which are by Anon. This cute gav has a numerical theme so suited for this week, but I have no clue who is the artist.
View attachment 5072301
Thank you for the introduction, and for hosting us again! I have no idea how many scarfs any designer has made for Hermes, but in youre introduction I know how I can participate :smile:

• Haha
Reactions: xincinsin and Nomad
Wonderful, intro, dear Xincinsin, and beautiful examples. Pivoines and Faubourg Tropicale are stunning. Here is an on-theme Baribeaud (and coincidentally, on-theme last week, too, because it was really cold this am on my walk with SOTD. Acte III and my 25+yo London Fog raincoat, that still fits! Yay!! I experimented this morning with two looks, one involving Washington’s Carriage CS losange with Acte III, but went out just wearing Acte III. View attachment 5072408View attachment 5072413
I love this acte III, also because it was one of my best friends first H-scarf :heart: and I was there with her, what a moment! And... full of envy ( and staying as calm as i could) because itssuch a stunning peace of art and perfect colors - and only one left in the H-shop. (still hope she doesnt use it much so she could sell it to me, hehe).

Last edited:
I own 2 Roeckl‘s ... and you know what, I found Roeckl design at Wolff & Descourtis, Gal. Vivienne, Paris.

That looks like a wonderful shop, I'll definitely go there the next time I visit Paris! The Galerie Vivienne must be a real treat in itself and the architecture alone will be worth a visit. I'm glad to hear that there are stockists in Paris, too, because Roeckl almost went bankrupt a couple of years ago and I hope that can be avoided.

Felipe Jardim designed modernism tropicale, and Sea surf and fun. IDK if there are other H designs by him. Wearing Modernism today, View attachment 5073250and here is Sea and surf from the archives. I LOVE them both! View attachment 5073264View attachment 5073265

Super cool with the moto! :coolio:

"Jeu des Omnibus et Dames Blanches" is often described as the first H carre design, and is also one of the few scarves designed by Robert Dumas. A specimen of that first scarf was displayed at an exhibition at the Singapore H flagship a few years ago, complete with an interactive app showing how the game was played.
View attachment 5073253

The design has been re-invented several times. I have it in a 70cm in 2 cws.
View attachment 5073251

Robert Dumas' daughter-in-law Rena Dumas designed the interiors of the H boutiques. She also designed at least one scarf: Les Bolides, while another, Belle Epoque, is sometimes also attributed to her.
View attachment 5073254

View attachment 5073266

Did not know this about Belle Epoque! So pretty!

thank you, dear Awillow! :heart: Yes, we had indeed. good to know others feel like this, too!

splendid, Croisette! This colourway is lovely!

those colours are complementing each other, LKBNOLA!

great post, Redbirdhermes!

thank you so much, Bunnycat! And thank you for hosting a delightful week!

gorgeous, Thelittlefoxes!

well, the same is true for me - but even more so showing me what I want without having known about it before...

all perfectly tied, Moma!

Your collection never ceases to make me admire it, Xincinsin!

It was my pleasure! :flowers:

I had to take the car to the shop to get the tires changed today, felt like a totally exciting excursion to get out of the house in real clothes :panic:
With my acte III by the very talented Edouard Baribeaud, may he make many more scarves for Hermès!View attachment 5073335View attachment 5073336

Completely fab!

• Love
Reactions: Agrume
Thanks, Nomad! So easy.
Small elastic hair tie.
View attachment 5071107
Position scarf folded in quarters with the side you want to highlight facing front. (I like my knots a little off to one side, so asymmetrical for me.)
View attachment 5071121
Near the midpoint of the tail, gather one of the closer edges and a similar point from a middle pleat from the longer tail and one from the midpoint near edge of the shorter tail. Make a little tail of these three points and wrap with the band twice.View attachment 5071112
Pull similar midpoints from the two outer edges and pull them through the band with the others.
View attachment 5071113
Fluff the gathered points out like petals.View attachment 5071114

Hope that helps. Super easy!View attachment 5071119

Add extra edges as you need to get the look you want. Retied closer with an extra edge added this time.View attachment 5071127
And again lower, this time with tails fluffed too.View attachment 5071130
Thank you so much!! I am going to try it soon, Great instructions!

Reactions: Awillow
I think maybe Ardmore Artists just make the cut for this week (for sure if "twillies don't count" :lol: )

But let's see they did Savana Dance, Flowers of South Africa, Marche du Zambeze, Baobab Cat and the Tree of Song twilly. Did I get them all?

Here's Baobab from last week:

baobabspring.jpg

And this week with Marche du Zambeze (plus pattern on pattern on pattern...and double denim! I should get an award for all that in one outfit...) :lol:

ardmore<5.jpg

Another mystery scarf with Filigrane. It could have been a one off designer, or maybe not, or maybe even one of the random one off no designer prints H sometimes does for the men's collections. It feels like it ought to have an artist name attached, but I have not made any headway on this in several years of searching. (And hello to all my scarf ring twins out there! :wave: )

filigrane1?.jpg

Last edited:
A prolific artist, but my only one by Jean de Fougerolles, The Royal Mews. I HAD to have this because of the subject matter. I love it! But I don’t reach for it much, I think because of light color and also because I love the center and struggle to highlight it. So I am purposefully going through my least reached for scarves and wearing them to see if I will keep or re-home. My shirt has a baby blue undertone in the animal print so I went for it hahaBE7F8D9C-DEB7-4746-A7B9-FC40B348D342.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.