Movies Starring Hermes

Fun thread! Not sure if anyone has posted these already, but here are Tilda’s bags in I Am Love (my second favorite movie of all time):

View attachment 5072833View attachment 5072834View attachment 5072835View attachment 5072836View attachment 5072837
Oh yes, it‘s a superb film! I‘ve always admired the exquisite wardrobe of Tilda Swinton‘s character, particularly the dress she designs for herself which helps set the tragic events of the last act into motion. But for me, the real star of the show is Villa Necchi Campiglio, the Milanese Art Deco villa inhabited by the Recchi family.

Last edited:
Oh yes, it‘s a superb film! I‘ve always admired the exquisite wardrobe of Tilda Swinton‘s character, particularly the dress she designs for herself which helps set the tragic events of the last act into motion. But for me, the real star of the show is Villa Necchi Campiglio, the Milanese Art Deco villa inhabited by the Recchi family.
yes! That villa was everything! And her wardrobe was by Raf Simons.

yes! That villa was everything! And her wardrobe was by Raf Simons.

Raf Simons also designed her wardrobe for "A Bigger Splash", her next collaboration with Luca Guadagnino. It was deceptively simple and I thought I might be able to find some of the pieces and buy them off the rack. But when I discovered it was from head to toe custom Dior/Raf Simons I knew I didn't stand a chance.

I read that Tilda Swinton's hairstyle in the second to last photo you posted was inspired by the hairstyle worn by Kim Novak as "Madeleine" in Alfred Hitchcock's "Vertigo". Two very different characters but definitely a great look.

Fun thread! Not sure if anyone has posted these already, but here are Tilda’s bags in I Am Love (my second favorite movie of all time):

View attachment 5072836
It's so great to see a less-hyped bag like the Massai get a bit of screen time! Thank you for sharing those, I'd completely forgotten about it.

I just found this thread, don't know how I missed it! Here's a photo from the MTV show The City, season one, episode two, filmed at Bergdorf Goodman in Manhattan. The 32 cm bleu de prusse kelly with PHW was on my shoulder, I'd just purchased it September 2008 and this scene was shot right after I bought the bag. The show was new and had not yet aired and I had to sign a release to have my image in the show.View attachment 5072945
You signed a release, but what about Miss Kelly, was she OK sharing the screen with the other two? :lol:
This is so cool. I remember seeing this in another thread (either posted by you or by another member, many moons ago). The colour is absolutely gorgeous. If I may be nosy, do you still have it? How has it evolved over the years?

It's so great to see a less-hyped bag like the Massai get a bit of screen time! Thank you for sharing those, I'd completely forgotten about it.

You signed a release, but what about Miss Kelly, was she OK sharing the screen with the other two? :lol:
This is so cool. I remember seeing this in another thread (either posted by you or by another member, many moons ago). The colour is absolutely gorgeous. If I may be nosy, do you still have it? How has it evolved over the years?
I actually don't have it anymore, replaced it with a basic black 32 that has become my workhorse. Slouchy and juicy beyond belief, I love it.

If this has been mentioned before, I apologise, but I did do a search of this thread.
Surely the most important movie with Hermes should be Alfred Hitchcock's 'To catch a thief'.
This is the film where he allowed the designer, accompanied by Grace Kelly, to shop for Hermes accessories. Grace Kelly fell in love with what was then called the Sac à dépêches à mains. She bought some for her own use. Its style became closely linked with her and the name was officially changed some 20 years later.

Even if it does not seem to appear in any if the usual stills from the film, it is the point where the association started.

Last edited: