Your new Coach: a mini-reveal thread!

Sorry, I wasn't sure if this thread is a good place to post...

What do y'all think of the quality of these, is this acceptable for the price?
---
I recently purchased a Coach Turnlock Clutch.

Bag #1 is uneven along the profile? The top line along the top handle, it's more slanted on the left, and more horizontal on the right. Stitching is.. well I think I can tell that it is machine made rather quickly because where it first turns, it gets smaller, than on the "home run" it's back to normal.

Bag #2: some of the stitching is pointy/rough/sharp. It also has a few ity-bity pits? an "enlarged pore"?

Both bags: There seems to be some sort of.. like the leather got pressed around the edges before it was sewn? Also. the trim pieces where the stitching is, is uneven. Thinner on one side, thicker boarder on the other.

Some wrinkles/texture in the leather seems normal.

But for a MSRP $395... I feel like I should expect better craftsmanship?

I'm a little disappointed that I can't really fit my switch in there nicely, but I can just barely fit in a sheet of paper..

Attachments

• bag 1 and 2.jpg
    bag 1 and 2.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 50
  • bag 1.jpg
    bag 1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 48
  • bag 1_4.jpg
    bag 1_4.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 46
  • bag 2.jpg
    bag 2.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 45
  • bag 2_2.jpg
    bag 2_2.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 44
  • bag 2_4.jpg
    bag 2_4.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 45
  • bag 2_5.jpg
    bag 2_5.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 45
  • bag 2_6.jpg
    bag 2_6.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 41
  • bag 2_7.jpg
    bag 2_7.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Bag with switch.jpg
    Bag with switch.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: starbucksqueen
Sorry, I wasn't sure if this thread is a good place to post...

What do y'all think of the quality of these, is this acceptable for the price?
---
I recently purchased a Coach Turnlock Clutch.

Bag #1 is uneven along the profile? The top line along the top handle, it's more slanted on the left, and more horizontal on the right. Stitching is.. well I think I can tell that it is machine made rather quickly because where it first turns, it gets smaller, than on the "home run" it's back to normal.

Bag #2: some of the stitching is pointy/rough/sharp. It also has a few ity-bity pits? an "enlarged pore"?

Both bags: There seems to be some sort of.. like the leather got pressed around the edges before it was sewn? Also. the trim pieces where the stitching is, is uneven. Thinner on one side, thicker boarder on the other.

Some wrinkles/texture in the leather seems normal.

But for a MSRP $395... I feel like I should expect better craftsmanship?

I'm a little disappointed that I can't really fit my switch in there nicely, but I can just barely fit in a sheet of paper..
To me, those are nits.

Congrats!!! As much as I love online shopping, seeing things in person makes such a difference, right? Enjoy her!
Yes absolutely!! It's such a hard color to capture and so much peachier than my pic. I originally went in just to feel the pillow tabby since it's gotten such attention. They sadly were all sold out. The SA said they couldn't even get a discount on them. Other stunners in person were the beat saddle bags and the tea rose knot Madison. Had my hubs not been there I may have had a few come home with me lol. Have a great day :smile:

• Sad
Reactions: americandreaming
My two Alie babies in ivory white and forest green.
0965CD39-40D2-4F3A-A1FC-176B8FB2127D.jpeg
A2C9A72F-36A9-411A-84B2-6569F3BEEDF2.jpeg
It’s more butter yellow compared to the white on cassie.
C7B38A2D-B8D4-4C4E-AEF9-A324628C80C7.jpeg
The lining is in yellow leather.
B6B65884-50ED-46CD-9158-A9BC861B0A93.jpeg
The forest green has same color in and out.
0C2F101D-93D4-43BB-84F4-DF848823103B.jpeg
However, the forest green Alie has glovetanned leather flap, pebbled leather front and back, and suede on the side.
BAD03F37-B6C9-4274-A9AB-88EDB11CF82F.jpeg
Forest green is pretty dark, but it’s not that black.
2473084E-1F29-41DA-9BC6-D32A5EED7398.jpeg

My two Alie babies in ivory white and forest green.
View attachment 5072370
View attachment 5072371
It’s more butter yellow compared to the white on cassie.
View attachment 5072374
The lining is in yellow leather.
View attachment 5072376
The forest green has same color in and out.
View attachment 5072373
However, the forest green Alie has glovetanned leather flap, pebbled leather front and back, and suede on the side.
View attachment 5072372
Forest green is pretty dark, but it’s not that black.
View attachment 5072393
Gorgeous! I really like this bag.

I had my long-awaited trip to the bigger outlet today and had wanted a white crossgrain or pebbled small bag for the summer look... and walked out with a white Dinky! My first white and I'm very nervous about maintenance. But it's gorgeous!!! Plus it was priced at cheaper than all my chosen white MFF alternatives so even though I'm becoming a one-trick-small-turnlock-crossbody-pony, come on! I had to! The store was doing a huge bundle deal and my sister and aunty bought bags and shoes so we got 30 per cent off the total.

Customer service was amazing too - noticed when admiring the bag after lunch that the bead chain was missing. Went back and the SAs promptly brought me a replacement and attached it for me then and there.

ETA: they gifted us a mug too!

1619988912466.png

Last edited:
I had my long-awaited trip to the bigger outlet today and had wanted a white crossgrain or pebbled small bag for the summer look... and walked out with a white Dinky! My first white and I'm very nervous about maintenance. But it's gorgeous!!! Plus it was priced at cheaper than all my chosen white MFF alternatives so even though I'm becoming a one-trick-small-turnlock-crossbody-pony, come on! I had to! The store was doing a huge bundle deal and my sister and aunty bought bags and shoes so we got 30 per cent off the total.

Customer service was amazing too - noticed when admiring the bag after lunch that the bead chain was missing. Went back and the SAs promptly brought me a replacement and attached it for me then and there.

View attachment 5072623
Congratulations!! You picked a beautiful bag.

ETA: they gifted us a mug too!

View attachment 5072623
Good choice and great experience!