Florentine Smith Bag?

Have a Pebble leather smith coming. I'm conflicted...difference with florentine leather...never been a fan of pebbled but it's navy....couldn't pass it up.

I think that the bag works no matter the material ( type of leather/nylon).:smile:
I agree! If you like your nylon Smith bag I'm sure you'll like Pebble leather! I can't wait to know what you think when it arrives!

Reactions: Brendutch
Yes preloved...trying to find out more information about it
PF: just did a search to look at pebbled Smith....
came up with QVC video from years ago with lots of Smith bags....
all Florentine.... 4 colors of blue.... marine, navy, denim, ocean.
Any chance your new Smith is a Flo leather, but pebbled texture?
Possibly prior owner wasn't a Dooney leather expert.
If zipper tape is red.... as it was on both the marine and navy Flo Smith
on QVC, then it's a good chance you scored a Flo!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Do you have pics?

I think this is Pebble and not Florentine...I wish it was Florentine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-095243_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-095243_eBay.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20210504-095231_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-095231_eBay.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 7
I think this is Pebble and not Florentine...I wish it was Florentine
You are right.... with the beautiful trim, it's not Florentine.
And that red/white woven lining was used on Dillen collection.

I did some more searches, one bag had a Dooney hangtag with
a cut out duck.... I think that was from the Dillen collection.
Dillen is a high quality Dooney pebbled leather. Many of the styles in
Dillen were done with the contrasting trim. I love Dillen leather,
although it does have some weight. Next to Florentine and Alto,
I think Dillen is one of the top quality Dooney leathers. They also did
a collection called Portofino, with the same leather, but instead of darker
trim, Portofino had light trim.

Well I am nuts but bought another natural smith...this one is a beater and my other natural smith is newer so I want to keep it nice. My latest edition is totally broken in...had to do some elbow work...cleaned with Cadillac, then with Bick 4...sprayed down with Cadillac water repellent and then finished it off with Aussie. The inside was a bit dirty...vacuumed the inside red lining then pulled it out and handwashed the lining last night...I enjoy rehabbing the florentine leather LOL.

Natural is just my thing...love that color and the Smith bag suits my needs perfectly.

Well I am nuts but bought another natural smith...this one is a beater and my other natural smith is newer so I want to keep it nice. My latest edition is totally broken in...had to do some elbow work...cleaned with Cadillac, then with Bick 4...sprayed down with Cadillac water repellent and then finished it off with Aussie. The inside was a bit dirty...vacuumed the inside red lining then pulled it out and handwashed the lining last night...I enjoy rehabbing the florentine leather LOL.

Natural is just my thing...love that color and the Smith bag suits my needs perfectly.
PF: glad you enjoy the rehabbing process. You are getting lots of experience.
Enjoy your new bags..... natural Flo and navy pebbled.

Thank you so much! The Smith is it for me....fun to rehab such a nice piece. I've learned to love imperfections as character in a handbag...I think you have to with Florentine lol. I hope the Smith comes out again...I'd love a black one or ocean color... I think the double straps do distribute the weight well and so many good organizational pockets etc.