Limited Edition Alma BB releasing on May 7

Should I buy this limited edition $4000 Alma or not?

• yes it's beautiful

Votes: 36 40.4%
  • no it's too expensive

Votes: 53 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is not Taurillon but a slightly tanned VVN. Since it is more delicate, I find it even more luxurious.
You sound very passionate about it, it would be a mistake to let it go.
No it's not VVN, it's calfskin leather, the same leather that the capucines are made with. I wouldn't buy a bag made out of vachetta.

Thank you everyone! Very interesting - we have a 50/50 split in the voting right now. 8 people say yes, they love it and 8 people are saying no - too expensive.

Yes. It’s a showpiece.

I think it’d also be really cool to get the back of the clochette heat stamped with bright pink or red initials, but I guess resale is something to think about.

Basically: :tup: OP

Reactions: mixlv
Yes. It’s a showpiece.

I think it’d also be really cool to get the back of the clochette heat stamped with bright pink or red initials, but I guess resale is something to think about.

Basically: :tup: OP
I'm a classic and elegance type so no bright initials anywhere on anything for me. :smile: I don't have any items with heat stamping on them but had a neverfull and a couple of tags with my initials back in the day.

Reactions: maris.crane
No it's not VVN, it's calfskin leather, the same leather that the capucines are made with. I wouldn't buy a bag made out of vachetta.
So...
let me help.
- Calfskin is a generic term, it means nothing. Almost all Vuitton leathers for the non-exotic bags are calf. Épi, Empreinte, Vernis... everything is made from calf leather.
- the Capucines is one of their most 'diverse' bag leather-wise, there is no 'Capucines leather', but yes, most of them are made from cowhide, and some of them are Taurillon.
- Taurillon is the leather with the full-grain. It has very visible leather grain, while VVN is smooth. This bag is smooth. Very. It is not Taurillon, never was.
If you wouldn't buy a bag made from VVN, I'd stay away from this, because you'll be surprised.

What’s VVN leather?!
Vache Vegetal Naturel.
It is a completely untreated leather or lightly tanned with vegetable oils. If they treat it with more oils, it gets darker and they call it Nomade leather (Barenia at Hermès).
Then they let it dry out to be smooth, unlike the grained leathers like Taurillon, that are drummed thoroughly to have a deep leather grain.
All the leathers mentioned in the thread are calfskin.

Last edited:
So...
let me help.
- Calfskin is a generic term, it means nothing. Almost all Vuitton leathers for the non-exotic bags are calf. Épi, Empreinte, Vernis... everything is made from calf leather.
- the Capucines is one of their most 'diverse' bag leather-wise, there is no 'Capucines leather', but yes, most of them are made from cowhide, and some of them are Taurillon.
- Taurillon is the leather with the full-grain. It has very visible leather grain, while VVN is smooth. This bag is smooth. Very. It is not Taurillon, never was.
If you wouldn't buy a bag made from VVN, I'd stay away from this, because you'll be surprised.
Oh interesting! My SA is new to LV and I asked her specifically about the leather and she told me it’s the same taurilion leather my capucines galet is in. This smooth leather sounds more fragile. I prefer the pebbled leather which is probably sturdier. The plot thickens lol. I don’t want a bag that will scratch easily.

Reactions: Loriad and BULL
Vache Vegetal Naturel.
It is a completely untreated leather or lightly tanned with vegetable oils. If they treat it with more oils, it gets darker and they call it Nomade leather (Barenia at Hermès).
Then they let it dry out to be smooth, unlike the grained leathers like Taurillon, that are drummed thoroughly to have a deep leather grain.
All the leathers mentioned in the thread are calfskin.
I think my SA might have been confused then. We shall see on Friday

Reactions: Loriad
Oh interesting! My SA is new to LV and I asked her specifically about the leather and she told me it’s the same taurilion leather my capucines galet is in. This smooth leather sounds more fragile. I prefer the pebbled leather which is probably sturdier. The plot thickens lol. I don’t want a bag that will scratch easily.
She most probably is not yet fully familiar with the products.
But even in the available photos, the bag really shows all the charasteristics of the smooth leather.
I'd still recommend you to get it, because it is a stunner, and it would worth the extra care.