Chanel Metiers d’Arts 2021 (21A)

So happy to see its leather lined! :wtf: :amuse:
thanks for posting!

btw I feel the new way of putting a code into a bag is much more appropriate for these high end bags, it looks better and won‘t “rub off“ or something after many years like you see in vintage bags sometimes. Plus I can’t lose the cards anymore ...:tup:

Leather lining is always a plus, but I haven’t seen a coco handle I liked since they switched to leather lining...hoping to see a coco handle I like soon!

I definitely like the look of the RF chip design. I don’t think the current authenticity card+ serial number really deters fake (I mean it’s really just a plastic card with hologram and plastic sticker that has been studied by the fake manufacturer for many years now) but I am also curious how this RF chip will work...

Leather lining is always a plus, but I haven’t seen a coco handle I liked since they switched to leather lining...hoping to see a coco handle I like soon!

I definitely like the look of the RF chip design. I don’t think the current authenticity card+ serial number really deters fake (I mean it’s really just a plastic card with hologram and plastic sticker that has been studied by the fake manufacturer for many years now) but I am also curious how this RF chip will work...

I agree.
My beige with burgundy handle Coco from 20P is fabric lined and I am fine with that, but if I decide to buy another Coco for 300€ more now than my other one was last year, I would at least get leather interior :cool: which is awesome.
And the stitching on the edge is also a plus for me...

I hope you‘ll find one! It is such a beautiful bag!

Reactions: Pchul
Thank you. So the 33352 numbers means "shiny caviar". I remember they did a white in shiny 2017.
it really leaned towards ivory with yellow tone in the light. I did like the shine though. Had it not been such an off white I would have purchased since the shine was pretty. Oh boy....think 21A will be an off, yellow tinged white. :sad:
This is 21s ( same code of 21A), what do you think about?

Attachments

• 021DA844-E015-4D5D-81D2-F70C9CA23791.jpeg
    021DA844-E015-4D5D-81D2-F70C9CA23791.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 264
There is a picture of 21S white caviar next to a lambskin white classic. I've not been participating here for awhile so not in the loop but think I saw it on The 21S thread. Anyway the picture of the lambskin is whiter than the 21S caviar if that makes sense.

Even so, Chanel never repeats the exact same shade of white except for the shiny code part. Always a bit different.

I'm concerned about the shiny 21A (if it is indeed shiny) as on the top of the bag the shiny classic flaps wrinkle's quite a bit on the top of the flap when you open and shut the bag which I've seen even when new and can leave permanent marks. I'm type A personality and this is a no go for me. Others might not care. But for these $$$ I do.

Bottom line, I signed up for 21A and 21B to see if I like one of them - ayayayay!:love:

And if you like silver hardware wait for 21K as a kind poster here told me about. You know the silver hardware will come with a snow white beautiful bag! :smile:

I found the picture courtesy of Zaraha. On the left is 21S classic in caviar and the right is lambskin in white.
See the difference? It's big. If on a computer tilt your screen back to get more of an accurate picture. I'm looking for a white like the lambskin on right. Hope 21A or B is like lambskin, fingers crossed.

8F466D29-C2FF-4B2C-8617-13B1B1C30172 2 chanel whites.jpeg

My SA called me today to let me know that she just received "the 21A book".

She knows I'm usually interested in Classic Minis, Minis Top Handle and Coco Handle so she wanted to let me know what her stand alone store will be getting.

Not sure why but this is the first time my SA reaches out to me directly to propose me to choose and reserve a bag. I used to let her know well in advance about items I'm interested in (I have been a loyal customer for more than 10 years with her).

I was able to secure the one and only piece of Mini Top Handle in Burgundy (Lambskin only for 21A) the store is getting - arriving beginning of June :heart: Price will be CHF 4'110.- (more or less equivalent to USD) - so price increase has hit (was CHF 3'990.- for my Mini Top Handle in black caviar I purchased back in April)

Let's hope the quality will not be disappointing.. will keep you posted here when it arrives :yes:

She knows I'm usually interested in Classic Minis, Minis Top Handle and Coco Handle so she wanted to let me know what her stand alone store will be getting.

Not sure why but this is the first time my SA reaches out to me directly to propose me to choose and reserve a bag. I used to let her know well in advance about items I'm interested in (I have been a loyal customer for more than 10 years with her).

I was able to secure the one and only piece of Mini Top Handle in Burgundy (Lambskin only for 21A) the store is getting - arriving beginning of June :heart: Price will be CHF 4'110.- (more or less equivalent to USD) - so price increase has hit (was CHF 3'990.- for my Mini Top Handle in black caviar I purchased back in April)

Let's hope the quality will not be disappointing.. will keep you posted here when it arrives :yes:
Burgundy sounds wonderful! Do you happen to know which colors the classic flap and minus will be in? I know light grey, white, burgundy and olive green I think.

Congrats and thanks for sharing, sounds like it will be a beautiful piece! By any chance, did your SA mention what the new prices for the classic flaps will be in 21A?

By any chance, did your SA mention what the new prices for the classic flaps will be in 21A?
No, sorry she did not - I did not ask for CF prices, only for the Mini with Top Handle.
However, I just purchased a Medium CF and the new price was CHF 6'540.- which means the price increase already hit Switzerland. No mention of additional price increase coming up for the rest of the year tho.

No, sorry she did not - I did not ask for CF prices, only for the Mini with Top Handle.
However, I just purchased a Medium CF and the new price was CHF 6'540.- which means the price increase already hit Switzerland. No mention of additional price increase coming up for the rest of the year tho.
Hi, what was the price before?