What Other Jewelry Brands Do You Buy/Wear?

Hi! I have been eyeing the Picchiotti Xpandable line of tennis bracelets, but haven’t seen any reviews. Does anyone own or have experience with these pieces and is willing to share their thoughts? I have several Roberto Coin Primavera stretch bracelets and love this style. Here are some try-on pics. Thanks!

View attachment 5052106View attachment 5052107
Wow! It looks gorgeous with your watch and VCA!

The diamonds on the PB earrings were not as sparkley as the white diamonds on my frivole
By the way, I noticed the same thing too on PB. They looked kind of dark to me and some did not reflect light well. Do you think it's because the diamonds are not ideal/super ideal cut? I don't think it's the color as that is more about how faint yellow it shows, so I just concluded PB diamonds are not cut as well as VCA and don't reflect light as well. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. The VCA diamonds are just blinding and super sparkly as you already know.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 880
By the way, I noticed the same thing too on PB. They looked kind of dark to me and some did not reflect light well. Do you think it's because the diamonds are not ideal/super ideal cut? I don't think it's the color as that is more about how faint yellow it shows, so I just concluded PB diamonds are not cut as well as VCA and don't reflect light as well. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. The VCA diamonds are just blinding and super sparkly as you already know.
That’s interesting. I haven’t found that at all. The only thing I’ve noticed is that the PB diamonds are smaller. The rose gold pieces have champagne Diamonds and are edges with white diamonds but my pieces are very sparkly.

Thank you for your replies. I wish I could check them out in person, but nothing near me.
I just got two pieces of VCA and I think my husband will murder me if I purchase these earrings. I may have to wait a bit...
I’m leaning more towards to wg pair now, darn I wish I could check them out in person!
Hopefully one of the stores online will have another sale (20%) and I can snatch one up then.

beautiful. I’m really considering getting a pair. How do you like the champagne diamonds. Do they sparkle like white diamonds?

I find the diamonds on the PB pieces to be sparkly and appear good quality to the naked eye, but as @Notorious Pink mentioned the diamonds are smaller, so certainly have a more subtle effect than the VCA frivole. I will say that though the champagne diamonds are darker and thus don’t reflect white light as strikingly, they do add a 3D effect and thus more depth to the piece in combination with the white diamonds. I’ve actually seen knock off versions of the PB garden segreti collection with all white crystals and the PG pieces don’t look as interesting without the champagne gradient.

In terms of major brands, just VCA, Cartier, and Chanel for me (I also picked up some sterling silver earrings from Hermes recently but I've never tried their finer stuff). I have a bunch of jewelry from smaller jewelers, and I went to one of those wholesale-type retailers for a pair of larger pearl earrings recently. Basically if I don't need a particular design I see no reason to go to a name brand.

I also have a lot of pieces handed down by family.

I find the diamonds on the PB pieces to be sparkly and appear good quality to the naked eye, but as @Notorious Pink mentioned the diamonds are smaller, so certainly have a more subtle effect than the VCA frivole. I will say that though the champagne diamonds are darker and thus don’t reflect white light as strikingly, they do add a 3D effect and thus more depth to the piece in combination with the white diamonds. I’ve actually seen knock off versions of the PB garden segreti collection with all white crystals and the PG pieces don’t look as interesting without the champagne gradient.
I don’t have any PB, but I’ve always admired their 3D depth in ohotos posted on the forum here. Last year I was thinking about the VCA lotus ring (I decided in the end not to purchase bc my preference would be to wear the ring open position only) and it was very sparkly to the point where I wished for some depth. . . JMO though. I wish VCA would do a ring in black diamonds, but don’t think it’s their aesthetic. :biggrin:
@deedeedor, I love your butterflies!

@lisawhit, I love your lalaounis stretch bracelet. Are you stacking them or mixing them with other pieces?

@BigAkoya, @Notorious Pink, I love tennis bracelets on other people, (love the pic of @queen b blue ) but somehow they look weird on me:sad:

@fice16, love the serpenti on you. To my untrained eyes, it looks almost Art Deco, yet it’s so modern :biggrin:

Are there Pascuale BrunI retailers in the US?

Last edited: