So disappointed with my repair.

XoDena

Apr 2, 2017
I sent my vintage Speedy 30 in to have all the vachetta parts replaced and they did a horrible job, not to mention it came back with a tiny hole under one of the side tabs. I’m so upset, not to mentioned annoyed. I’ve never had a problem with a repair before so I don’t know how they’ll handle this. I’ll be taking the bag in store this week.

7D35DEA9-0B8D-4CE9-B47D-A2EF4F3BBD2F.jpeg

DD117242-BBBB-49EB-AD25-BC426CC355A9.jpeg

2657C728-F813-4DBB-A279-F016BC29490F.jpeg

I know it's not cheap getting repairs done so I'm sure they'll note the gaps and glue it together a little closer to the rivet point. Otherwise it all looks good. Unfortunate about the puncture in the canvas and curious as to what they'll say about that.

Repairs are pretty pricey $$$, wonder what’s up with the hole? That seem odd.

The gaps at the handles attachment above the diamond seem unfinished to me and the stitching goes above the stud from the LV website and on my speedy B

this is from the LV website

7CC51E16-F4C6-414A-8418-FB5D6A81DAB9.png

Last edited:
Reactions: _vee and XoDena
Pictures from my speedy b world tour, never repaired just for reference of Diamond stitching and stud.

someone with repair on speedy can respond.

my sister’s speedy was repaired by LV so if I see her later I will take pictures for you.

E72F311B-B636-4A69-950B-81AFEDF8D81D.jpeg

AF8AA3DE-9AC8-4EB0-841F-47073E0F4BF9.jpeg

Reactions: XoDena
Really lol. The champs are suppose to be tightly glued together and these aren’t. There is a obvious tiny hole under the yellow stitch under the side tab.

Curious do you own a Speedy? Cause surely your chaps don’t look like that?

While I understand that you are upset with the repair there is no need to lash out at other forum members. We are here to listen and offer advice ; we are not the bad guys in this situation. Yes, the repair looks shoddy especially since a full vachetta replacement is expensive. All you can do is go back to the store and hopefully something can be done.

Really lol. The champs are suppose to be tightly glued together and these aren’t. There is a obvious tiny hole under the yellow stitch under the side tab.

I also see there is no need to lash out at other members who try to offer help or advice. I have been on this forum for 20 years and want to keep this amazing forum to bring people together and help each other, no rudeness here. Please treat each other with respect or this is not the right place for you. Thank you!

I also see there is no need to lash out at other members who try to offer help or advice. I have been on this forum for 20 years and want to keep this amazing forum to bring people together and help each other, no rudeness here. Please treat each other with respect or this is not the right place for you. Thank you!
By no means was I being rude. It was late, I was sleepy and amused at someone telling me they see nothing thing wrong with (in my opinion) a very obvious shoddy repair so I said lol. Didn’t realize that was “rude”

Pictures from my speedy b world tour, never repaired just for reference of Diamond stitching and stud.

someone with repair on speedy can respond.

my sister’s speedy was repaired by LV so if I see her later I will take pictures for you.

View attachment 5072314

View attachment 5072317
The stitching is correct on the bag as it’s a vintage bag from the 80s. The stitching over the stud is relatively new. I think it looks a lot better over the stud.

Well, a used bag or pre owned or older bag , the cost of repair cost the same to repair so yeah it can be annoying to the person whose bag is repaired IMO if it’s not their satisfaction. To me it isn’t a cheap repair but everyone will have different levels of annoyance, especially if it’s not their bag. I haven’t had a any bags repaired but I would still expect customer satisfaction. And people come here to vent so...

I would love to see a vintagespeedy repair if anyone has one for comparison.

Reactions: XoDena
The tiny hole under the tab was probably there prior to the repair. They were trying to use the same holes in the canvas. I think it looks like a nice repair.

See my PM to you.
The tiny hole under the tab was probably there prior to the repair. They were trying to use the same holes in the canvas. I think it looks like a nice repair.

See my PM to you.

The little hole wasn’t there before I sent it in. Anytime I send anything in for repair I go over the canvas very thoroughly to make sure there are no rips, cracks etc in the canvas. This Speedy is especially well taken care of as it was my mother’s Speedy and she passed it down to me and was my first LV/luxury handbag, so I’ve taken extreme care of the bag as it holds a lot of sentimental value to me.

Also the chaps could have been glued together much tighter. I own 4 other Speedy’s and none of the chaps look like that. We can agree to disagree though. I’m taking the bag in on Tuesday and hopefully we’ll be able to come to some sort of resolution.

Well, a used bag or pre owned or older bag , the cost of repair cost the same to repair so yeah it can be annoying to the person whose bag is repaired IMO if it’s not their satisfaction. To me it isn’t a cheap repair but everyone will have different levels of annoyance, especially if it’s not their bag. I haven’t had a any bags repaired but I would still expect customer satisfaction. And people come here to vent so...

I would love to see a vintagespeedy repair if anyone has one for comparison.
My annoyance mostly stems from the fact that this was my mother’s bag and she passed it down to me and this is the bag that started my LV obsession lol. I get that the bag is old, but the hole wasn’t there and then the chaps aren’t glued correctly. The lack of quality control with LV has been so off putting lately