Ode to Hermes Poncho

Hi, what do you guys think about the Kelly Poncho? Anyone has it?

I bought one earlier this year and I have worn it every day.
It is so convenient and easy to pull over your shoulders and you can wrap it around you with panache.
The weave is visually interesting and it is amazingly crease resistant.

(Sorry, I misread. It is not the Kelly Poncho and any fixed fastening like that would have limited its usefulness for me.)

Last edited:
I bought one earlier this year and I have worn it every day.
It is so convenient and easy to pull over your shoulders and you can wrap it around you with panache.
The weave is visually interesting and it is amazingly crease resistant.

(Sorry, I misread. It is not the Kelly Poncho and any fixed fastening like that would have limited its usefulness for me.)

I tried on an “Exceptional” Kelly Poncho at the SF store last week when my husband picked up his Exceptional Bucket Bag. It was basically a “So Black” model. Very beautiful...wish I’d taken photos wearing it, but after I was told the price ($6k), I was pretty eager to get it off me LOL

I think had it been half the price and no fringe (I’m just not into fringe), I would’ve been sold.

The server won’t let me search for the silk Petit H poncho, does anyone have it?

I considered it, but was able to find several listed on eBay, which gave me a chance to look at some different designs, and all the silk patterns seem very challenging to work with from an outfit standpoint.

I ended up ordering the other Petit H cape with the Alligator clasp instead, which was actually a tad cheaper, it should arrive tomorrow.

The Crocodile clasp model is still available on the web here.

Reactions: Etriers
I tried on an “Exceptional” Kelly Poncho at the SF store last week when my husband picked up his Exceptional Bucket Bag. It was basically a “So Black” model. Very beautiful...wish I’d taken photos wearing it, but after I was told the price ($6k), I was pretty eager to get it off me LOL

I think had it been half the price and no fringe (I’m just not into fringe), I would’ve been sold.

I considered it, but was able to find several listed on eBay, which gave me a chance to look at some different designs, and all the silk patterns seem very challenging to work with from an outfit standpoint.

I ended up ordering the other Petit H cape with the Alligator clasp instead, which was actually a tad cheaper, it should arrive tomorrow.

The Crocodile clasp model is still available on the web here.

Thank you! I’ll be interested to hear what you think about it when it arrives. The fabric is beautiful. Just looked at the Croc—For the price, I am surprised that they serged the seams instead of doing a rolled French seam.

Thank you! I’ll be interested to hear what you think about it when it arrives. The fabric is beautiful. Just looked at the Croc—For the price, I am surprised that they serged the seams instead of doing a rolled French seam.

The capes came mid-week...I have to start keeping track of where I'm posting and following up appropriately lol!

They're MUCH thinner than the Kelly Poncho, which explains the price-point, but that's fine because the Kelly felt too heavy and warm for me anyway. I took some photos of both up-close for here...the black with red clasp is going back. I did find it odd that they both came in different sized boxes, and one didn't have the little Petit-H pamphlet. As far as the rolled-seam, is that a common thing they do on RTW? I know Petit-H isn't really "RTW", but I assume they'd use similar techniques.

Pic of me wearing it at the end...going to take it in and have it shortened a few inches, it's definitely a bit long.

1EA2A6C6-3CC1-4B15-983D-2EE81CB62F7F.jpegB29E6EE3-22CC-4CBC-B1B4-EC7D2CD17619.jpegBD047062-941B-4650-BF52-B451AB754F53.jpeg5C96802D-1FEE-4B33-B41D-8EAA1706A06F.jpeg5E91115A-15D0-4A06-B3DB-85993555958B.jpegA5B6ECA9-A28E-4992-AFDF-78B5B1E456F4.jpegD735F42E-2134-4E05-9DE6-A6B067098FC2.jpeg
4C0A4557-5413-4480-A22B-14EEC5A61013.jpeg

The capes came mid-week...I have to start keeping track of where I'm posting and following up appropriately lol!

They're MUCH thinner than the Kelly Poncho, which explains the price-point, but that's fine because the Kelly felt too heavy and warm for me anyway. I took some photos of both up-close for here...the black with red clasp is going back. I did find it odd that they both came in different sized boxes, and one didn't have the little Petit-H pamphlet. As far as the rolled-seam, is that a common thing they do on RTW? I know Petit-H isn't really "RTW", but I assume they'd use similar techniques.

Pic of me wearing it at the end...going to take it in and have it shortened a few inches, it's definitely a bit long.

View attachment 5044521View attachment 5044522View attachment 5044523View attachment 5044524View attachment 5044525View attachment 5044526View attachment 5044527
View attachment 5044528
You look great!

Reactions: duggi84

View attachment 5044521View attachment 5044522View attachment 5044523View attachment 5044524View attachment 5044525View attachment 5044526View attachment 5044527
View attachment 5044528
The poncho is very cute on you but can I just say that I'm drooling over your plants???

• Haha
Reactions: Etriers and duggi84

View attachment 5044528

And here's a pic post-alteration! We took 2.5" off so now it rides comfortably above my knee vs at my knee.

885ACCFF-F53A-4DB1-AF15-02B1C96F946B.jpeg