Whats the best bag for work?

Thank you for the response! I haven’t been able to find a video on it as they are all the mini ones . My laptop will not be necessary at all times but ideal to have fit. I wish LV made more stylish backpacks for diaper bags/work for women.

I haven't tried on the Lock Me Backpack but I have a bag of a simialr size at home and I don't think it's a good work bag, you wouldn't be able to fit your laptop in it, I think there are a few videos on YouTube, and it depends what you carry, but I'd go for a NM Montsouris PM, it's a bit larger.

I think the mens backpacks are more so made for work though if a laptop is an essential item.

Ladies, am looking for a work tote that is not flashy and doesnt have a whole lot branding/logo all over it? Any recommendations? Will need to hold laptop and some other misc items. Doesnt have to be a LV brand. TIA for your response

I have a few nonLV suggestions. I have a Neverfull GM and dislike it intensely. I find the straps too stiff and short and they hurt my shoulder even with the bag barely packed.
1. I just purchased a Telfar bag. Got the medium and the large. Depending on what you carry either would work for you as a work bag. The large is big enough to be a travel or overnight bag IMO.
2. Coach Field Tote in the Horse and Carriage print. I really like this print. I have the brown in the 40cm size. It is very big but pretty light. It has top handles and also an adjustable strap for shoulder or crossbody. The older model comes with a large clutch, new one has a large zip pocket. I got the old model at Macy’s a few months ago for $100 cheaper than coach had new ones.
3. The always popular Longchamp Le Pliage. I prefer the Neo in black.

The NF or Speedy in DE would be a goof choice. Under the radar and not overtly LV
had a NF and sold it, just wast a it fan of the wide top and narrow base style. thanks though!

I have a few nonLV suggestions. I have a Neverfull GM and dislike it intensely. I find the straps too stiff and short and they hurt my shoulder even with the bag barely packed.
1. I just purchased a Telfar bag. Got the medium and the large. Depending on what you carry either would work for you as a work bag. The large is big enough to be a travel or overnight bag IMO.
2. Coach Field Tote in the Horse and Carriage print. I really like this print. I have the brown in the 40cm size. It is very big but pretty light. It has top handles and also an adjustable strap for shoulder or crossbody. The older model comes with a large clutch, new one has a large zip pocket. I got the old model at Macy’s a few months ago for $100 cheaper than coach had new ones.
3. The always popular Longchamp Le Pliage. I prefer the Neo in black.
Thanks! I will look at the Longchamp one

Longchamp Le Pliage is amazing and alternative to NF. It has zipper as well, and the strap is slightly longer than MF makes it more comfortable to carry.

thanks, Will look at the longchamp bag
If you want leather there's always Saint Laurent or Mulberry has some "reasonably" priced totes
Really like the Mulberry but the colors are not appealing…like the YSL so might go try it at the store this weekend

Reactions: MooMooVT
I have a Longchamp Neo Le Pliage and I have to say, if you need to carry your laptop daily, it's really annoying. The shape is squared at the bottom so a laptop just doesn't naturally stay secure unless you buy a special liner and, because the fabric is so thin, your laptop might just be bouncing around hitting stuff as you set it down/walk about/etc. I still do it some days, especially if I need the extra space it provides, but it's not the best for work. I actually prefer to use my Neverfull if I have to carry a laptop - I tuck the laptop behind the inner pocket and it stays pretty secure. :smile: But it's painful if you carry a lot more stuff in addition to the laptop due to the thin straps.

I cycle between those 2 and a Tumi backpack depending on the day. The ones they make for women are actually pretty cute but this isn't everyone's style for sure.

So i tried the Longchamp and the YSL tote and @lalame you were correct, the square base in the Longchamp makes it really awkward with the laptop ((13 inch) and the YSL was really too heavy and I was afraid I would see wear soon and so I am back to the drawing board. SO frustrating have been looking for over a couple years now for that elusive tote.

ETA - I think i got the small LC tote, might have to order the Large and see if that works, didnt realize it was a small.

Last edited:
I am looking for the same thing. I have a Neverfull MM in DE and DA and I really like it but now I am considering the empreinte or On the Go. I have a Celine Cabas and I love it but depending on the size of your laptop I don't know if it will fit well. Coach is always a great choice. Tory Burch perry tote is also great. I have 2 and they are holding up pretty well.

I was in your situation as well a few weeks ago. I hunted around looking as various brands (LV, Longchamp, Fendi, YSL, etc) for a work tote. The Lockme Shopper Tote caught my eye and I tried it on back in Mid-March. I decided in was a contender and I told my SA that I plan on purchasing it in April. I looked at it again and wasn’t quite in love with the leather quality (plus I definitely wanted an organizer to go inside, but didn’t find any).

I ended up with Hermès garden party 36 and I purchased an organizer from Zoomoni. Some items that I need to carry:
15 inch laptop
Ipad
2 iphones
Folder for paperwork
Water bottle
Pochette accessories

I feel like there was still plenty of room to go.

I know Hermès is pricey for a work tote. I thought of it as an investment into something I know will be durable and get a lot of use. Also, I wanted to check out Hermès’ leather and see their quality.

I can’t comment on how heavy the bag is at the moment. I will start traveling soon, so I will know then.

I had the Hermes GP 36 and for me the downside was that it's not a shoulder carry. I mean I *could* but it was up my armpit and not a real shoulder carry bag.

I've had the LV Neverfull, YSL tote, and longchamp. One not mentioned that I really liked a lot was the Celine Medium Cabas. If had a day job and needed a tote, that's what I'd repurchase.