Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Is is difficult to transfer things in from another location? I sent my SA a wishlist, things that I saw are available online (they aren’t popular items) and from other stores but I am not getting these items for some reasons.
I feel like I should just order them online when I see them instead of waiting for the SA. Now, those items are not online anymore. I also requested a twilly, SA said it has arrived and I should wait for a belt that has been ordered to come in, and now SA telling me that those items are not available. WTF?

As others have said it seems to be an issue, also here in Europe. I've been waiting on a scarf and several other items since mid-january, and my SA said they're working on getting them, but it might take a while - if they even get a hold of them :sad: :sad:

So I gather it’s prob not the best time to start my H journey?

It depends on what you mean by 'H journey'.
If there are various items by Hermes that you really want, there is no point in delaying just because they are in short supply. You will just have to be patient and be prepared to wait a little longer for stocks to arrive.

If 'H journey' is a euphemism for 'shopping for items to be offered a Birkin', then it is probably not the best time for you.

Do you like other items besides quota bags at Hermès? While stock is low, there are still so many beautiful things they offer and my SA has still been able to find me items I have been looking for even if I don’t “instantly” get them.

As @WhiteBus said, if your goal is simply to get a bag, that’s a different story.

I am new to shopping at Hermes and I am enjoying everything. The SA I’ve met is really sweet and responsive. I’ve been getting a few items as I discover them. I think this is a good time coz you can get appointments and get focused attention. I got a beautiful GP30 in vert Vérone and I’m super happy just to have that bag. If it’s only BKC that you are interested in, you may not get them now but at least your SA will know that you are loyal to Hermes. At least that’s how I look at it.

I wanted some porcelain pieces & asked my SA on their availability. She looked and found them in another store. My home store texted me a payment link and I was able to get them shipped directly to me. The receipt (obviously) was from the store that had the products in stock. My SA's name was not printed on the receipt. So, did my SA not get credit for the tableware I bought? From previous posts I found, with a similar situation, their SAs name was printed on the receipt even if it wasn't from their home store. Or am I misunderstanding the information from the prior posts I found? I am still trying to built a rapport with her, so that is why I am asking. Thanks for any insight.

Reactions: Birkinorbust2000
I wanted some porcelain pieces & asked my SA on their availability. She looked and found them in another store. My home store texted me a payment link and I was able to get them shipped directly to me. The receipt (obviously) was from the store that had the products in stock. My SA's name was not printed on the receipt. So, did my SA not get credit for the tableware I bought? From previous posts I found, with a similar situation, their SAs name was printed on the receipt even if it wasn't from their home store. Or am I misunderstanding the information from the prior posts I found? I am still trying to built a rapport with her, so that is why I am asking. Thanks for any insight.
Yes, your SA got credit, but likely that your store did not. Chances are the other store would have been unwilling to transfer them so your SA used this method to get whatever credit for the sale that she could.

Yes, your SA got credit, but likely that your store did not. Chances are the other store would have been unwilling to transfer them so your SA used this method to get whatever credit for the sale that she could.
Thank you for this information. Glad to hear as I did not want to have ended up wasting her time. Have a nice weekend.

Edit: Took a look at the receipt when putting it away, and my SA's name is actually listed (where the reference code is.) I was so used to looking at the cashier number at the top. Sorry for the clutter of a useless post now but hopefully can help if anyone else runs across the same issue.

Last edited:
I am new to shopping at Hermes and I am enjoying everything. The SA I’ve met is really sweet and responsive. I’ve been getting a few items as I discover them. I think this is a good time coz you can get appointments and get focused attention. I got a beautiful GP30 in vert Vérone and I’m super happy just to have that bag. If it’s only BKC that you are interested in, you may not get them now but at least your SA will know that you are loyal to Hermes. At least that’s how I look at it.

Ditto to this. I started shopping at Hermes during the pandemic and I'm enjoying it. I love the appointment system because I like the one on one time as well. My SA was telling me how insanely busy the store was pre-pandemic and I'm glad I'm shopping there during the pandemic because I don't like crowds! I think it's a good time because you'll actually get to spend time with your SA without other people trying to grab their attention. Also not interested in a B or K or in a rush to get any item, though, so low inventory doesn't bother me.

It depends on what you mean by 'H journey'.
If there are various items by Hermes that you really want, there is no point in delaying just because they are in short supply. You will just have to be patient and be prepared to wait a little longer for stocks to arrive.

If 'H journey' is a euphemism for 'shopping for items to be offered a Birkin', then it is probably not the best time for you.
Gotcha! There are tons of items I really want. Not just A Birkin. I love everything about hermes including the marketing. It’s my favorite brand. I’ve worked hard to build my business and am finally ready to invest in things that bring me joy.

Makes sense! I’m ok with not getting a BKC right now! Excited to start building my H collection. And you’re right about focused attention via appointments. :heart:

The only way to look upon Hermes items as investments is that if you can buy an item now for let's say 5000, you will have paid less to get it than the 7000 that it might cost you in a few years time.
It would be very unlikely that you would be able to sell that second-hand item in a few years time and not make a loss. After a long enough period you might recoup your expenditure.